UPLOADED: Spitfire Mk.II Package - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: UPLOADED: Spitfire Mk.II Package

I replaced the sound.xml, effects.xml, d3d8.dll, d3d8.ini, and
    textureMagic.ini files from BoB to ETO and it made no difference.

At this point I really don't know what to say. You have it fully working in one install, and using the same files in the other install it doesn't work. Nothing seems to be wrong with either the Spitfire files or your installation of them, so it must be the ETO install somehow, though I can't think of a reason why. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Update to my Spit Mk II problems.

Due to going to windows 10, I had to reinstall cfs3 and all the expansions. With the latest shaders and all fresh virgin installs, the Spit Mk II still has no active gunsight or gun flash or gun sounds in ETO. All these do work in BoB, like my old win 7 versions.

I have noticed a couple of problems in ETO and BoB, that I may have had before?
    The guns fire with the safety on or off.
    When flying, but not sitting on the ground, the elevator trim knob constantly moves with the fore and aft stick movement, also slight movements of the stick fore and aft, cause momentary big changes of the visual stick and the control of the plane. The rudder and ailerons work fine.

It seems like some of these problems are the same as before, and I can't find an explanation why those things don't work in ETO when they do work elsewhere. It has been installed successfully in ETO without issue.

For the elevator trim, and stick response, these don't sound like problems the Spitfire package would be capable of causing. Make sure your realism settings are on 100%, and it also sounds like your joystick may need to be calibrated or the axis section of your CFS3 configuration looked at.

Thanks, going to 100% fixed the elevator trim and gun safety in both installations. I calibrated my stick, but the jumpy elevator control is still there. I'm not sure how or where to check the axis section of the CFS3 configuration. I looked at the ConfigOverrides.xml in the appdata folder but don't see anything like that.

Thank you sooo much.As a Bob era fan I must say this is absolutely brilliant. I am in the process of editing my BOB missions to fly this beauty. This is a bob mission I created using the new spit. You fly as wingman, X AND CTRL/X quickly to catch your flight if you lose them.Give it a go:https://www.mediafire.com/file/vel61...rner2.xml/file

Quote Originally Posted by mcbob View Post
    Thanks, going to 100% fixed the elevator trim and gun safety in both installations. I calibrated my stick, but the jumpy elevator control is still there. I'm not sure how or where to check the axis section of the CFS3 configuration. I looked at the ConfigOverrides.xml in the appdata folder but don't see anything like that.
    Go to the sensitivities tab in the CF3 Control Options menu and you will see where you can adjust null zones and sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by rince33 View Post
    Thank you sooo much.As a Bob era fan I must say this is absolutely brilliant. I am in the process of editing my BOB missions to fly this beauty. This is a bob mission I created using the new spit. You fly as wingman, X AND CTRL/X quickly to catch your flight if you lose them.Give it a go:https://www.mediafire.com/file/vel61...rner2.xml/file
    Thanks, glad you're enjoying it!

Where is the CF3 Control Options menu, in the game or in the game files? When I run config I only see one menu with about 5 sliders for detail levels. I've see other people post views of config menus, but I could never find them.

It's the CFS3 in game options tab in the upper right corner. Clicking on that will bring down the menu. Click on control options.

Ok, that took care of almost all the jumpy elevator movements. It's very flyable now, easy really.

I had never been to those setting before, didn't have any idea they were there. I still had to look several times to find them, wasn't looking for vertical tabs.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic release ! I know it's late ,but i'm just getting back in CFS3 and This is my first aircraft install in years. A Ton of work has been done.....and all for our enjoyment ! Thanks a million guys ! Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Do i have to add lines to the shaders for this aircraft to work? I have the latest 2019 shader package installed but don't want the module for the Spitfires. Just a little to much for my feeble mind. I get shot down enough already. Plus i don't know how to access the file requested.

Not sure which file you are talking about, but no, you do not need to use the module. If you want the gun sight and contrail effects, you will need to add the appropriate lines per the instructions.

Blog Entries
    The textureMajic.ini file. Found out how to do it by rereading the instructions . It was all there in front of me the whole time! Sorry Chaps. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Just got it installed and tested. All i can say is Awesome Work!!!!! More than i expected ! Wow ! Regards,Scott

Glad to hear you've got it working and are enjoying it!

Members who have read this thread: 1