PacTex Question...

Thread: PacTex Question...

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22 PacTex Question...

Who created PacTex?

I have looked through all of my PacTex readmes and file.idz and can find only "otis" mentioned.

Does anyone have a first name, last name and handle for this person?

Thanks
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

I am presuming that it is the same "otis" that created "midway42". My files show this was in 2002. Since then Stuart277 updated it in 2012 with GSL scenery. Since Stuart specifically gives thanks to Otis in his credits list, he may know how to reach Otis.

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    I am presuming that it is the same "otis" that created "midway42". My files show this was in 2002. Since then Stuart277 updated it in 2012 with GSL scenery. Since Stuart specifically gives thanks to Otis in his credits list, he may know how to reach Otis.
    Thanks Worthless.

I'm just trying to flesh-out some of the general information notes on my website.

It may just be that whoever he is, he didn't want his ID to go beyond Otis. But I'll PM Stuart277 anyway- just for the heck of it.

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Paxtex

"....I am probably wrong on this and working from recall as I am far away from my home computer but I seem to recall Jimko involved in some way there.

Jimko probably did some Pacfic blues -- water pac,s to swap in , to the best the old memory can recall ,

Hi MR
    Check your pm.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Icon26

Thanks everyone.

After checking all the leads, it appears that "Otis" is as good as its gonna get!

Seems a shame that a guy who made such a fundamental improvement to the sim is so anonymous.

Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Members who have read this thread: 0