Problem: Jerky Frame Rates.

Thread: Problem: Jerky Frame Rates.

Problem: Jerky Frame Rates.

I'll apologize in advance, for my lack of computer skills!! That gets that out of the way! I've recently been having problems with jerky movement of the display on my monitor when using the "Hat Switch" on the top of my Logitech controller. This does not happen with all the aircraft I have on my FSX Acceleration flight sim, but mainly with Carenado, Just Flight, and Milviz Downloads. I've downloaded some freeware scenery files over the last few weeks, and this seems to definitely have made the problem much worse. I've changed the controller without any noticeably improvement. I'm running a 931GB. solid-state hard drive, with 661GB free, with all the necessary Bells and Whistles. Before I start off-loading scenery files, could anyone advise me if these could be the problem. Many Thanks, in advance

It sounds like you may be overtaxing your computer. Turn down your scenery settings and see if the panning motion improves.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

The problem may be in your computer specs which you didn't mention. I run a very modest system as you can see in my signature below. I have no problems running any of the addons you mention and I also use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick. Let us see what your specs are and maybe we can find what the problem is.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thank you Gentlemen

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    The problem may be in your computer specs which you didn't mention. I run a very modest system as you can see in my signature below. I have no problems running any of the addons you mention and I also use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick. Let us see what your specs are and maybe we can find what the problem is.
    Thank you both for your prompt reply. Stansdds, I tried reducing the scenery loads, using the Custom function, and though there seemed to be a slight improvement, much scenery detail was lost. Falcon 409, like you I am using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, and the initial basic specs are as follows. Windows 7 Home Premium S.P.1, System rating 7.3. Processor AMDFX(tm)-8150 Eight Core Processor 3.60 GHZ. R.A.M 16GB. System Type 64-bit operating system. I mentioned specific developers effected, Carenado, Milviz, and Just Flight. Not all of their aircraft are effected though: for example Carenado's King Air 200 is fine, but the Shorts 330 and 360 are effected, as is the Citation II, and the Fokker F50. None of A2A's Aircraft, StratoCruiser, Constellation,B17,P47, are effected, neither is PDMG's DC6. I hope this is of some help.

Maybe try turning DirectX 10 preview mode on if off or vice versa if on to see if that helps. Turning it on in my case made a significant difference in frame rates in with some aircraft and scenery combinations.

Re: Direct X

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    Maybe try turning DirectX 10 preview mode on if off or vice versa if on to see if that helps. Turning it on in my case made a significant difference in frame rates in with some aircraft and scenery combinations.
    Thanks RKinkor, I've managed to find that my system has DirectX 11, but because of my lack of computer skills, I think I may have to consult my local computer gaming Guru to help me sort this one out, as I am loath to continue further as I have so far managed to loose some scenery files, then re-instate them, with no obvious affect on the original problems. Ho-Hum! Guess I might have admit defeat on this one. Thanks to all of you for trying.

Members who have read this thread: 0