Mud Spike Interview With DCS Matt "Wags" Wagner

Thread: Mud Spike Interview With DCS Matt "Wags" Wagner

Mud Spike Interview With DCS Matt "Wags" Wagner

Patrick

Very interesting read. Wow! A P-47 and a Mosquito! I was a bit thrown to the response about the A-6. Wasn't that the one that was supposed to come out as part of the Tomcat package? I suppose it's 3rd party, so nothing to do with ED really.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I was glad to hear about the improve environment in DCW World, especially the night lighting which has been lacking. Great news across the board!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Very interesting read. Wow! A P-47 and a Mosquito! I was a bit thrown to the response about the A-6. Wasn't that the one that was supposed to come out as part of the Tomcat package? I suppose it's 3rd party, so nothing to do with ED really.
    Heatblur have been very tightliped about any future development,In their latest update they'll only discuss what was already promised(i.e F-14A and Forrestal Carrier) with The TomCat Package.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I was glad to hear about the improve environment in DCW World, especially the night lighting which has been lacking. Great news across the board!
    Yea,I was glad to hear about efforts to include multi threading and Vulcan,This should really give multi-core VR users a nice boost ....It was also interesting to hear that although The F4 Phantom was not in the immediate future that they're working on a "Very Sought after Aircraft" from the community????What could That be??? Strike Eagle? SuperHornet?

Patrick

***Sneak Peak at New Clouds WIP***

should be coming by end of year

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 74891482_10162605164620341_8671618668037144576_o.jpg  

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Heatblur have been very tightliped about any future development,In their latest update they'll only discuss what was already promised(i.e F-14A and Forrestal Carrier) with The TomCat Package.
    Yeah, it was the one in the Tomcat package I was referring to. The AI one. I'm not sure if this was what was meant in the interview, because I had never heard anything about a full A-6 module, so I assumed the question was referring to the AI A-6 which was to be part of the Tomcat package.

"To summarize, current planned free content for the F-14 includes:

• Forrestal class carriers (compatible with all carrier aircraft)
    • A-6E
    • KA-6
    • 1x F-14B Caucasus Campaign
    • 1x Persian Gulf F-14A Campaign"
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I'm also still stoked about the Leatherneck F-8 Crusader in development. I know this is an F-8J but I'm kind of hoping they roll back to an F-8E (F8U-2NE) as I recall the J model was plagued with problems during most of it's career. There are benefits to the F-8J, more wing/slat and horizontal stab area for better variable speed handling, BLC (Blown Flaps) for lower approach speeds, still has the wing hardpoints for additional weapons. The F-8E on the other hand, same wing hardpoints for air to ground missions, approach speeds are higher, more challenging to land on a carrier. Personally, I'd likely fly it with the Y-Rail Mounts on the fuselage and arm with Sidewinders or Zuni's and be done with it.

Right now, in my opinion the Mig-21 is the most challenging jet in DCS but once the F-8 comes, that will change. They will be a perfect match for some good dogfights! Hopefully a Mig-17F is not too far off either.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0