AH Caravelle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AH Caravelle

AH Caravelle

Hi,

Any recent information on AH Caravelle project advancement ?

I am so impatient to fly her

Thanks - Gérard

In the light of recent events, we are going full PBR for the cockpit. So that's where we are working currently.

Good to know, one aeroplane that I'm really looking forward too and another reason why I'm building a complete new rig.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thank you for your answer.

And I presume, "it will be ready when it will be ready"

Gérard

You've got it. As wonderful as PBR HD is, it makes a nonsense of development schedules.

I had been wondering about this model over the recent days and weeks. I agree with this move and it will be worth the wait. P3Dv4.4 never ran right for me (very low FPS) but 4.5 runs smooth as glass so I am now able to use PBR. Looking forward to it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Bazzar,

Long time we did not get any progress information about her.

Still planed ?

Thanks - Gérard

I haven't seen much new info these last months over at AH's Facebook page but the last mention was the ongoing PBR work. This project along with the Sabreliner and new FMA IA 58 Pucará are hot topics over there now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It will eventually arrive.
    Patience is a virtue and remember, RL can get in the way.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    It will eventually arrive.
    Have you AH inside info or it is just your bet ?

Gérard

No need to speculate. If you go to our Facebook pages you will have all the latest news on the Caravelle and all the other projects we have on. In our 20 years of production I believe we have only "cancelled" two projects. I don't think a lot of people quite understand the impact that PBR tech has had on production. Probably can be evidenced by the slower production from many other developers.

If it is not streamlined in some way for FS2020, you are going to be waiting a VERY long time for any new add-on for that sim.

Thank you Bazzar,

By personnal choice, I am not registered on Facebook.
    And there is no recent update on your AH site, thats why I was "anxious" 😉

Regards

Gérard

Personally I would much rather have a nicely textured aircraft in P3D without PBR than wait longer for one with PBR.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Hi Bazzar,

I was able to take a look at your Facebook page (without registring) and I did not see any recent information. Your last post about seats in PBR is dated november

Regards

Gérard

I'm just patient and have never been let down.

We currently have seven projects in production with more coming. With contract work on top of that, we will only update when there is something worthwhile to say. It does not mean that anything is delayed or not going to happen. Like everything else, Caravelle will release when its ready.

if theres no news do you still want a "Seven Bells and all is well" type of post? In the past certain forum users on this very forum moaned about too many updates.

We are in the last 20 % of the work takes 80 % of the time stage, of the 80-20 stages of project development. And we havent even got to the mind numbing, time sink that is the manual.

Unless you are interested in how we managed to condense uv_Channel_2 to a lower resolution for lightmapping in P3d saving a precious 3 fps at night then really we have no "interesting" news to impart.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    GAAB, I think it is time to quit while you are ahead. Bazz has explained things quite clearly to you and so like the rest of us I suggest you take a seat like the rest of us and wait for the finished product.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

GAAB...chill out. Developers typically don’t follow a classical, disciplined business model. As a result, the vast majority release updates....when they feel like it....and work on the projects....when they feel like it. You’ll save yourself a lot of angst if you can align your expectations to that mentality - i.e. decide to feel surprised and happy whenever they decide to release any updates...or when they decide to release any products for that matter. The good news is, despite the typically non-commercial development path, the wait is nearly always worth it!

Hang in there.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We currently have seven projects in production with more coming.
    Man...now THAT'S good news. I'm really looking forward to the Sabreliner...but you guys seem to have the best balance between development time, cost, and level of detail/realism out there.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Unless you are interested in how we managed to condense uv_Channel_2 to a lower resolution for lightmapping in P3d saving a precious 3 fps at night then really we have no "interesting" news to impart.
    No need to be rude. I could not imagine that showing my interest for this project twice a year could be considered as harrasment

I whish you great success with your MANY projects and will take them from my radar.

If you go to our Facebook pages you will have all the latest news on the Caravelle
    I was confused by your answer and thought there were recent news on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    GAAB, I think it is time to quit while you are ahead.
    You are right. Should I also quit SOH forums ?
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!
    Gérard

"You are right. Should I also quit SOH forums ?"

Of course not.
    I'm not a Farcebook user so I just wait for news here.

Guys, just settle. It's not the most important thing happening right now is it?

We understand why people get impatient and it is also, I might add, very flattering to think that others are interested in what we do.The fact is, we are constantly busy on all our projects and will only update info when there is anything of import to say.

Right now, the Caravelle is well into its production schedule but it isn't going to appear very soon because of the nature of the beast. It is a big multi-jet airliner, not a Spitfire or a Hurricane. It may well end up being 18 months in development before being close to ready. But in comparison to other similar products on the market right now, that is not a long time.

Our next major delivery is the C-47/DC-3, another massive project representing many, many hours of work. We announced it in June of last year so we are still well under 12 months for production. 5 different models, 38 liveries and a whole heap more. That's pretty quick in our book.

Please remember, we are not a large outfit - basically, just the two of us "in-house". We also do work for others and when we do, that will hold up our own product lines. But it puts food on the table and that is what matters.

It may well end up being 18 months in development before being close to ready. But in comparison to other similar products on the market right now, that is not a long time.
    Thank you for this additional information. I promise to stop "harassing" you. 😉

Gérard

" No need to be rude. I could not imagine that showing my interest for this project twice a year could be considered as harrasment

I whish you great success with your MANY projects and will take them from my radar. "

I dont think I was rude. I was telling you exactly what is happening on the caravelle , which is what you wanted. I dont/didnt consider it harassment.

The caravelle is in the last 20% of the development which unfortunately is
    1. Not really newsworthy
    2. takes longer than 20% of a development's timeline.

Members who have read this thread: 2