Big shout out to all the modders.

Thread: Big shout out to all the modders.

Big shout out to all the modders.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all the modders/Mission makers/Coders who over the 17 years of CFS3,s life have given us some fantastic stuff to delve into.
    The hours you guys must have spent tinkering with the code,burning the midnight oil must at times have drove you mad. I wanted to personally say thank you

P.S Have any of you guys ever had any delight in getting the A.I landing sorted ..similar to what Pol,and Winding Man have in WOFF and WOTR.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adger View Post
    Just wanted to say a big thanks to all the modders/Mission makers/Coders who over the 17 years of CFS3,s life have given us some fantastic stuff to delve into.
    The hours you guys must have spent tinkering with the code,burning the midnight oil must at times have drove you mad. I wanted to personally say thank you

I couldn't agree more ! Thanks to all the artists ! Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020

A.I. Landing

Quote Originally Posted by Adger View Post
    P.S Have any of you guys ever had any delight in getting the A.I landing sorted ..similar to what Pol,and Winding Man have in WOFF and WOTR.
    Couldn't agree more, Adger, the modellers and artists working in CFS3 have really found the potential of the weird formats that Microsoft chose to use. The potential of .dds, and the .m3d models was far in advance of 2002 and the guys have nailed it!

For AI landing, you can troll through the knowledgebase on how to upskill AI. But that is only part of the problem. The aircraft model and the flight model also have influence.

IIRC there was a problem with the width of the Spitfire undercarriage. That thing is never going to land perfectly. Compare it to big stable aircraft like the Typhoon, which has a good 50% success rate (not bad for AI!). The P-38 seems reasonably stable as the counter-rotating props remove yaw from the equation.

For AI skill, tweak the pilotattributes and pilot constants.xml as indicated in the knowledgebase. Also the uisel.xml in the AppData influences pilot skill in the campaign section, if tweaked according to the knowledgebase.

If you wanted, you could tweak the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file to make the wheels wider for the undercarriage of the spitfires, or other aircraft with narrow undercarriage, but of course it depends what your views are about having "one-off" flight characteristics. Lowering the c of g would help too.

I suspect that what the boys at WOFF have done is a little bit of all three - AI skill, flight model, physical model.

Thanks Daiwilletti il have a nosy,and thank you again for your upgrade V2 it's a great piece of work.

Members who have read this thread: 0