Flight Stick Question ?

Thread: Flight Stick Question ?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Flight Stick Question ?

My current flight stick is getting worn and i want a new one. What is a really good all-in-one Flight stick? Don't want separate controls for throttle and rudder. Have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro now and it has been good for years ,now want a better one. Thanks,Scott

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Six Strings, I have an identical one that's about 9 years old, some buttons on the base are now non-functional and the throttle slider allows the throttle in the sim aircraft to quiver and not register steady percentages of travel meaning the percentage of power applied, whether jet, TP, or recip always fluctuates over a 2-3 per cent value. Plus, sometimes moving the joystick can affect the power setting of the throttle slider. Time for a new joystick here, too.

Be careful. I've tried a lot of sticks in the last 35 years, and the Logitech is the one that I finished up with. Still going strong after almost ten years.

I can relate, I have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, haven't found anything that beats it for all in one, still going strong after 10+ years, I've tried HOTAS sticks, even the Warthog, still went back to the 3D Pro, just wish Logitech would update it, Hall sensors, make it look like a actual fighterstick be good, bottom line is it's the best all in one stick.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I should have mentioned above this stick is used on virtually a daily basis so it's seen PLENTY of use.

Then maybe all we need to do is replace the existing one with a new one. Anyplace on the web where one of these can be had for a reasonable price?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Amazon is the best place to get one. Think i'm just going to get another Logitech 3D Pro.It can take a lot of punishment and keep on going. Looking into the Gladiator and the Thrustmaster Sticks also. Still,for the money,a Logitech is hard to beat.

Looks like Logitech has a force feedback version of the 3d pro that I have my eye on for when mine bites the dust. I'm using a 3d pro as well, though I took mine apart and added an 18" extension and bolted it to a board with my rudder pedals. Attached some springs to the extended tube and attached the other ends to the board to give it some resistance appropriate to counter all the extra leverage I added by extending the stick. Did this about 7 years ago and still going.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Amazon is the best place to get one. Think i'm just going to get another Logitech 3D Pro.It can take a lot of punishment and keep on going. Looking into the Gladiator and the Thrustmaster Sticks also. Still,for the money,a Logitech is hard to beat.
    Can you let me know what you find? RW here is intense right now, I try to ck in late in the day when I've got time, this much time at this point in the day is an oddity.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Looks like Logitech has a force feedback version of the 3d pro that I have my eye on for when mine bites the dust. I'm using a 3d pro as well, though I took mine apart and added an 18" extension and bolted it to a board with my rudder pedals. Attached some springs to the extended tube and attached the other ends to the board to give it some resistance appropriate to counter all the extra leverage I added by extending the stick. Did this about 7 years ago and still going.
    I have had the Force 3D Pro for a long time and it's been great. The biggest benefit for me is that the Logitech Profiler software lets you adjust the centering spring strength to provide more feel to flying.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I have a Saitek Cyborg 3D. I've had it for 16 years and the only problem was a wire broke off one of the pots. A quick re-solder and it was good to go. It looks a little frail but all functions are still working. Also can be configured for us lefties, which is the main reason I bought it. I occasionally spray a little silicon on the centering mechanism to keep it working smoothly.

Members who have read this thread: 1