Microsoft Flight Simulator

Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator

Members +

Microsoft Flight Simulator

I'm quite surprised that an esteemed site such as SOH has named the forum the way it has, instead of the actual name that Microsoft has given the forum.
    I'm a stickler for correct naming, and other sites have respected Microsoft & have used the correct naming, and not community made up names such as FS2020, FS20 & others.

Just saying!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

I agree with the re-naming of the forum.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

I hadn't even noticed. I suppose because I go into the site and it only shows the updated threads of the entire site. Which is why I sometimes mispost a topic. I do not see it as an issue.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    I'm quite surprised that an esteemed site such as SOH has named the forum the way it has, instead of the actual name that Microsoft has given the forum.
    I'm a stickler for correct naming, and other sites have respected Microsoft & have used the correct naming, and not community made up names such as FS2020, FS20 & others.

Just saying!

On the other hand..... *IF* it was named Microsoft Flight Simulator don't you think it might well go unnoticed by many people ?.... Since it's a name every flightsimmer is familiar with for almost half a century..... i.e. " tell me something new.. " ?

I think 'Flight Simulator 2020' is a very good eyecatcher, official or not..

(maybe put Microsoft in front of that, best of both worlds..;-)

The forum name is good. It's not as if we endorse or otherwise the sim: it's just here for information and that's exactly what it will do.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

It's fine as is. I understood it for what it was and came right in.

Members +
    It has its own forum, it's called Microsoft Flight Simulator, other sims have their own names.
    Microsoft calls it Flight Simulator..

Why is it confusing?
    Don't you think that it's more confusing when some use made up names such as FS2020, FS20 and others?
    All other Microsoft sims have their own names, so how can Microsoft Flight Simulator be confused with FSX, FSX:SE or even FS2004?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

so how can Microsoft Flight Simulator be confused with FSX, FSX:SE or even FS2004?
    Those are not their official names. The Official names are Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 A Century of Flight. Our forums for those simulators don't match the official name either.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

And another thing...., i would like to marry MS for picking up Flight Simulator the way they seem to do. We could only *dream* of our beloved virtual flying world would ever look like it's shown in all the mouthwatering videos, couldn't we. But I do feel it's a little pedantic of MS to call it 'Microsoft Flight Simulator'. Like if they want to push the whole history of it into oblivion... Like if we *didn't* buy all the succeeding MSFS editions from the early 80's Sublogic FS1 onwards ! ( plus all the computer upgrades and add-ons that were needed..)

MS: " Oh, that..... fogettaboutit " .

If i was at the roundtable at MS to decide what name to choose for this amazing new flightsim wonder i certainly wouldn't have voted for 'Microsoft Flight Simulator'. Then again it might be a 'cunning plan' afterall...

And hasn't it always been like the community actually chooses the common name for a new edition of MSFS ? F.i. i have never seen anybody call FS9 'Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, a Century of Flight' ... 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X' very quickly became 'FSX'. It will be interesting to see what 'we' have in store for 'Microsoft Flight Simulator' . I believe some sort of '20' might well creep inthere somehow..

It has its own forum, it's called Microsoft Flight Simulator, other sims have their own names.
    Microsoft calls it Flight Simulator..
    They have been doing that for almost 40 years...

Why is it confusing?
    Don't you think that it's more confusing when some use made up names such as FS2020, FS20 and others?
    FS20 would be fine with me ( FSXX ?.... ;-)

All other Microsoft sims have their own names, so how can Microsoft Flight Simulator be confused with FSX, FSX:SE or even FS2004?
    Surely not, but you're not going to use 'Microsoft Flight Simulator' everytime you want to talk about it ??.....

Hey How about FSX XX Oh boy, I feel something has started here lol

LouP

Again, I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

I hope we can take a cue from AVSIM and keep the bickering to a low level. The sim is what it will be upon release a year from now or more. Then we can spew hatred and damnation upon Microsoft and each other.

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post

LouP
    wouldn't that be FSXX I could see that becoming FS Double X

I like FS20 for short

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    wouldn't that be FSXX I could see that becoming FS Double X

I like FS20 for short
    Right, but not half as fun lol.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by rhumbaflappy View Post
    Again, I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

I hope we can take a cue from AVSIM and keep the bickering to a low level. The sim is what it will be upon release a year from now or more. Then we can spew hatred and damnation upon Microsoft and each other.

LouP

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    And another thing...., i would like to marry MS for picking up Flight Simulator the way they seem to do. We could only *dream* of our beloved virtual flying world would ever look like it's shown in all the mouthwatering videos, couldn't we. But I do feel it's a little pedantic of MS to call it 'Microsoft Flight Simulator'. Like if they want to push the whole history of it into oblivion... Like if we *didn't* buy all the succeeding MSFS editions from the early 80's Sublogic FS1 onwards ! ( plus all the computer upgrades and add-ons that were needed..)

MS: " Oh, that..... fogettaboutit " .

If i was at the roundtable at MS to decide what name to choose for this amazing new flightsim wonder i certainly wouldn't have voted for 'Microsoft Flight Simulator'. Then again it might be a 'cunning plan' afterall...

And hasn't it always been like the community actually chooses the common name for a new edition of MSFS ? F.i. i have never seen anybody call FS9 'Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, a Century of Flight' ... 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X' very quickly became 'FSX'. It will be interesting to see what 'we' have in store for 'Microsoft Flight Simulator' . I believe some sort of '20' might well creep inthere somehow..

Well, the forums here use the given convention, shortened to FS2004 and FSX, names used by Microsoft, not made up names, as well as MSFS.

What's the confusion?
    Simmers are weird.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Well, the forums here use the given convention, shortened to FS2004 and FSX, names used by Microsoft, not made up names, as well as MSFS.

What's the confusion?
    Simmers are weird.
    Some are very odd..........
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Why not - MFSMMXX ? Don
    Nice one !

MikeW

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post

LouP
    FS10 20? or FS30?

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

MSFS 'Disappointment'........
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Why not - MFSMMXX ?

Don
    Well that's what I'm calling it from now on.

SOH-CM-2021
    Australians don't give a XXXX.

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post
    Australians don't give a XXXX.

I'll drink to that

Members who have read this thread: 0