Need help with the darkenss

Thread: Need help with the darkenss

Need help with the darkenss

Hi All,

I'm in a bit of a fix been trying to make a phantom deck park and the end result is this.....
    I have set the texture source folder to the correct one as far as I can tell and they are just about visible in sim through the blackness

has anybody got any ideas what im doing wrong?

any help would be good

many thanks

Hooky

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BlackItsALLBlack.jpg  

I would try placing the .mdl file in the texture folder and then open it.... if the textures are correct, they should work OK.

Also, ,make sure the normals aren't reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky722 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm in a bit of a fix been trying to make a phantom deck park and the end result is this.....
    I have set the texture source folder to the correct one as far as I can tell and they are just about visible in sim through the blackness

has anybody got any ideas what im doing wrong?

any help would be good

many thanks

Hooky
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Thanks I'll look into that

Many Thanks

Hi H,
    Are you saying the problem is in FSX AND MCX, or just in MCX?

If it's just in MCX then it's because either the format of the texs that MCX doesn't like, or more likely the texs alpha channel(s) which are causing the problems. If it's in both then definitely texs alpha channel(s) which are causing the problems.

A suggestion...for your development time I would make a copy of the texs, then save each of the texs as a simple DXT3 tex or even DXT1 with no alpha, this will allow you to see the texs in MCX. Then when done you use your 'full fat' versions in FSX. If it's in FSX as well then open and re-save the texs in the format they are in, or change/save to another FSX compatible format.

Cheers

Shessi

p.s Or give Justin Hawkins a call, he can always help with the Darkness......

No still no joy with any of that Shessi and I've got no more time to spend on it I've obviously gone seriously wrong somewhere so I'm going to scratch it for now maybe start again someday but thanks for the advice folks it's always appreciated.

Many Thanks

Hooky

Make sure you don't have BMP and DDS format of the same textures in the same folder. That will cause the black.

Members who have read this thread: 0