X-Plane 4.0 Beta Released-NEW STUFF!

Thread: X-Plane 4.0 Beta Released-NEW STUFF!

Blog Entries

X-Plane 4.0 Beta Released-NEW STUFF!

X-Plane 11.40 is currently shipping as a beta with an updated experimental flight model. We have new events we're attending, and the latest news on the mobile schedule below.
    Upcoming Dates

X-Plane will be returning to Cosford this month! We will be exhibiting X-Plane 11 in VR and Philipp Ringler will be presenting the latest X-Plane updates and features. Then in the following month we'll be in Lelystad for FSWeekend, also demonstrating X-Plane in VR, and at an AOPA event where we will be guests at the Honeycomb booth.
    Mobile Update

The team is finishing up final bug fixing, internal testing, and tuning in preparation for the public beta. Our plan is still to begin public testing soon and to have a wide release available this fall. Here are a few more screenshots to tide you over in the meantime!
    You'll be able to plan a route using the global map, download (or "pack") the scenery for flying offline, and then load the route directly into the GPS or FMS.

Lighting is one area we're still perfecting, but we think the results already look amazing!

Tips & Tricks

In this video, we show you how to start the Cirrus Vision SF50 from cold & dark.

Featured Add Ons

Check out our round up of the latest aircraft and scenery here!

Gateway News

This month we meet the person behind the username CptCharlesG.
    Q: What motivates you to develop X-Plane scenery?
    A: Possibly to make a better world together? I was always happy to contribute in projects where in return I get a lot from other members of the community. I improve a few airports, and the next day I can fly to anywhere on the world knowing that without any add-on airports I still can land safely and find my way to the right gate - something that wasn't trivial in FSX (once I even had to divert as the new VTBS airport was missing entirely - that was at around 2-3 am. departed from EGLL).
    The actual reason I started to develop to the Gateway was that LHBP (the closest international airport) had only a few 3D terminals and nothing else. But I have seen the opportunities with the lego bricks, and decided to make it look a bit better, and update everything (stands, freq, etc), so I can convince my friends easier that X-Plane is a really promising alternative.

(This interview has been edited and condensed for space. Read the full interview here!)
    Read the interview
    A Note from Austin

Hi everyone! Austin Meyer here. To see the latest flight model stuff for X-Plane 11.40, go HERE for the video!
    Happy flying!

-- The X-Plane Team
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    It's good news Ted but have they fixed the Payware compatibility problem yet. I went to update but it had a warning that it was not compatible with Payware aircraft.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

X-Plane 4 Beta? Is it the late 90s again? Is Falcon 4 out yet?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    X-Plane 4 Beta? Is it the late 90s again? Is Falcon 4 out yet?
    OK Bjoern I did a typo...happy LOL?
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    It's good news Ted but have they fixed the Payware compatibility problem yet. I went to update but it had a warning that it was not compatible with Payware aircraft.
    Welll, I'm using 11.40b5 and just did an extremely short flight with the jar designs A330 and had no issues,+ but this wasnt exactly an in depth flight test either..Where I HAVE found a problem was with XAmbience resulting in me having to uninstall it..

I Also have not had any issues with the Carenado F-50, nor the A337, nor the A-37.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a330 - 2019-10-03 4.52.01 AM.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    OK Bjoern I did a typo...happy LOL?
    Ted
    I'd suggest an edit to the thread title, but that'd put my sarcastic remark out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Welll, I'm using 11.40b5 and just did an extremely short flight with the jar designs A330 and had no issues,+ but this wasnt exactly an in depth flight test either..Where I HAVE found a problem was with XAmbience resulting in me having to uninstall it..

I Also have not had any issues with the Carenado F-50, nor the A337, nor the A-37.
    Did you use the expetrimental flight model?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Did you use the expetrimental flight model?
    Of course..

Members who have read this thread: 0