X-Plane 11.40 is currently shipping as a beta with an updated experimental flight model. We have new events we're attending, and the latest news on the mobile schedule below.
Upcoming Dates

X-Plane will be returning to Cosford this month! We will be exhibiting X-Plane 11 in VR and Philipp Ringler will be presenting the latest X-Plane updates and features. Then in the following month we'll be in Lelystad for FSWeekend, also demonstrating X-Plane in VR, and at an AOPA event where we will be guests at the Honeycomb booth.
Mobile Update

The team is finishing up final bug fixing, internal testing, and tuning in preparation for the public beta. Our plan is still to begin public testing soon and to have a wide release available this fall. Here are a few more screenshots to tide you over in the meantime!
You'll be able to plan a route using the global map, download (or "pack") the scenery for flying offline, and then load the route directly into the GPS or FMS.

Lighting is one area we're still perfecting, but we think the results already look amazing!

Tips & Tricks

In this video, we show you how to start the Cirrus Vision SF50 from cold & dark.

Featured Add Ons

Check out our round up of the latest aircraft and scenery here!

Gateway News

This month we meet the person behind the username CptCharlesG.
Q: What motivates you to develop X-Plane scenery?
A: Possibly to make a better world together? I was always happy to contribute in projects where in return I get a lot from other members of the community. I improve a few airports, and the next day I can fly to anywhere on the world knowing that without any add-on airports I still can land safely and find my way to the right gate - something that wasn't trivial in FSX (once I even had to divert as the new VTBS airport was missing entirely - that was at around 2-3 am. departed from EGLL).
The actual reason I started to develop to the Gateway was that LHBP (the closest international airport) had only a few 3D terminals and nothing else. But I have seen the opportunities with the lego bricks, and decided to make it look a bit better, and update everything (stands, freq, etc), so I can convince my friends easier that X-Plane is a really promising alternative.

(This interview has been edited and condensed for space. Read the full interview here!)
Read the interview
A Note from Austin

Hi everyone! Austin Meyer here. To see the latest flight model stuff for X-Plane 11.40, go HERE for the video!
Happy flying!

-- The X-Plane Team