F-8 Crusader Afterburner Effects.zip - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F-8 Crusader Afterburner Effects.zip

I also tried using Ted (tufun's) AB effects and it worked OK! The only drawback I saw was the AB would ignite at less than 1/2 thrust lever (ain't no throttle in a jet). Think I'll stick with XF92A AB.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tufun AB.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	71746
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    That could be, I'm running the FSX-SE version and didn't add the 'FA-18.dll' gauge. Do the AB effects work on the F-8 Crusader if your flying that one? May want to ask Milton on how it works on non-accelerated FSX.
    Milton's XF92a works well in FSX with SP1&2. All heat shimmer, wing vapor etc. effects work as advertised. When throttle is pushed up to near full, within a few seconds, a 'bang' is heard, the AB engages and you sink back into the furniture like you never experienced before. Exterior views show flames at exhaust location. Soon thereafter the aircraft ride becomes a bit bumpy and a loud whine is heard as it flies past (I use A2A Accufeel with it) .... amazing ! I experience same effects with FSXBA Hornet - except no afterburner flame, and no bang to confirm AB engagement. The answer to get the AB effect in non-accelerated FSX must lie in Milton's XF92a. I will investigate further.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

RF-8G afterburner effect?

OK, you guys have me confused! Where do I install Dean's RF-8G to be able to use TuFun's afterburner effect. I currently have Henk's F-8 v2 and Dean's RF-8G installed in separate folders. I'm running FSX Acceleration Gold Edition. What do I do next?

Eric Rabalais
    Slidell Louisiana USA

Quote Originally Posted by ericrab View Post
    OK, you guys have me confused! Where do I install Dean's RF-8G to be able to use TuFun's afterburner effect. I currently have Henk's F-8 v2 and Dean's RF-8G installed in separate folders. I'm running FSX Acceleration Gold Edition. What do I do next?

Eric Rabalais
    Slidell Louisiana USA
    Hope I don't confuse ya, but for what ever reason, Tufuns AB effect will not work with Dean's panels.
    Let me refer you to #283

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php109858-Vought-RF-8-Crusader-project-2018/page12

Also you need to merge Dean's base texture folder into Henk's F-, rename it TextureRF8. The texture config folder for each RF-8 paint needs to have first line changed
    to For each RF8 paint, I did an edit in the first line
    For each RF8 paint, I did an edit in the first line

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\textureRF8 <<<Changed the name to point to the RF8 base texture
    fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ct-2018/page12

Hope this helps some.

Members who have read this thread: 3