Question about adding aircraft and AvHistory Weapons in MAW

Thread: Question about adding aircraft and AvHistory Weapons in MAW

Question about adding aircraft and AvHistory Weapons in MAW

I am adding MAW Mission Pack 5 Malta by Led Zeppelin / May 2013 and the required 6 aircraft.

The 3gb Spitfire 5b T TN readme says that I also have to down the "New CFS 3 Guns/Weapons Pak" from the AvHistory site. I then discovered that the AvHistory site no longer exist. On my search here at SOH I found the downloads for the Avhisory weapons as well as 3 associated downloads for FxTextures, Full.Preload, and Effects.xml. In one thread I found, it said that MAW already has the AvHistory weapons pak. Do I need all or any of these?

I did add the shared_3A folder and the pylons folder that came with the the aircraft download. Was I correct in adding these?

Some of the other aircraft downloads come with updated files, a bomb sight and a depth charge. Am I correct in adding these?

MAW has the entire AvHistory weapons selection. The only weapons you may need to add are the ones that sometimes come with individual aircraft.

The aircraft specific pylons and shared folders are always necessary. They're meant for that exact aircraft to work properly.

In a nutshell: if it comes with the aircraft, add it, if it doesn't, MAW has it already.

Thanks for the quick reply. You made it very simple.

I always worry about adding the wrong thing, or missing something and crashing the whole game, and, I forgot to back it up before I started.

Members who have read this thread: 0