M$ flight simulator

Thread: M$ flight simulator

Hybrid View

M$ flight simulator

WOW ....who's not going to try this - fselite.net

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    I would guess quite a few, however there are many who will also be looking at how "cross-over" friendly it will be and ultimately. . .what kind of rig will it require to actually see what we are given as previews. It's for certain the videos and screens we are shown were not run on the average system.

It looks amazing but if my native FSX addons (scenery and aircraft) won't make the jump or my current system (which runs FSX/Accel and P3D_V4.4) doesn't give me something that impresses me enough to stay. . .then I'll stay with what I have and I would imagine many others will be in the same boat. . .at least initially.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I will definatly try it but staying with it dedends on there pricing. If they go with a subsription model for the top tier scenery then they can stick it.

Backward compatability would be nice but they will have to drop it at some point just so the tech can move forward. The old FS engine is so old now that it has to be holding things back to some extent.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Hi,

FSX has on old engine, but that concerns flight model, i suppose. 3D models could be easily moved at the price of some changes in texturing and animations.

JM

Have you seen this?
    Froogle changed his mind... me too.

https://youtu.be/Fj8h6yibHHc

You could call the new MS Flight Simulator a disruptor. I will not buy any more scenery or payware aircraft for my current FSX. Now it's a wait and see.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Me for one.

FSX Steam is simply the end of the line for me. Not enough time or money to invest any further in this hobby, including Windows 10. I did not expect the on-going costs of upgrading to new cell phones and tablets every few years (for a family of four) to be what they are. That alone blows my computer budget out of the water. It's not all bad news though as FSX Steam, along with my newish graphics card and Steve's FSX DX10 Scenery Fixer and Cloud Shadows, added new life to my old rig. So I'll keep my current FSX Steam install until Microsoft pulls the plug on Windows 7 or FSX Steam. Once that is done, the stand alone computer system will be a thing of the distant past for this family. Hopefully this old rig finds it way to computer heaven (landfill in India) where my old Intel 8086 Leading Edge Model D now lives.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

I'll be continuing with FSX until some time after MSFS is released. Once MSFS has been on the market long enough for 3rd party support to be abundant, the bugs have been addressed, there is reasonably accurate AI aircraft operations, and ATC at least as good as (hopefully better than) FSX, then it will be time to move on. M$ has made it clear that Windows X is the only operating system of the future. I think they are looking at MSFS as the flight sim of the future and it will operate only on Windows X. I do think we will see FSX relegated to the scrap heap of software, diehards will continue with it, but the third party support will evaporate.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I am also awaiting the new sim, but it won’t be my only one. I will continue to purchase some payware but with prices going through the roof, I’ll wait for a sale.

Very interesting. I expect that there may be some serious limitations here for those of us with more limited streaming capability available. The video is visually impressive, but I was disappointed in the reviewer not really discussing the flight dynamics and how those are derived.

Many possibilities here but even the current intensity in producing a top level aircraft for FSX/P3D is quite significant and may make the bar high indeed.

Keep one very, very important point at the forefront of the collective mindset(s)......Microsoft are not doing this because they care about flight simming, the flight sim community or because they are the 'Good Guys' and they really care.
    It's all about making money, nothing more, nothing less.
    MS have thrown 'us' under the bus previously and if it suits they will not hesitate to do so again!
    Believe nothing and trust them not at all.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

It'll kill off P3D too.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members who have read this thread: 0