GAS Stearman Airmail Re-enactment - Video

Thread: GAS Stearman Airmail Re-enactment - Video

GAS Stearman Airmail Re-enactment - Video

This is a re-enactment of the first American commercial airmail flight from Pasco, WA to Elko, NV on April 6, 1926.

I have used the Stearman for this flight, not only because it is a wonderful model, but also because it is quite similar to the Swallow biplane that was actually used (but which I could not find for FSX).

I have edited the 5 and a half hour flight down considerably:

Hope you enjoy!
    The Sky is the Limit
    The ground is just an unfortunate inconvenience!

Cool video! GAS has a freeware stearman with cockpit gauges and I did a movie version of the U.S. Air Mail bird flown by Superman.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M42.jpg  

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Cool video! GAS has a freeware stearman with cockpit gauges and I did a movie version of the U.S. Air Mail bird flown by Superman.
    Oh that looks good!

I don't know why I did not see that on their web site. I got the Gypsy Moth from there but I did not spot a Stearman in the free section. Although I came across several forum posts about an airmail Stearman....

I am not disappointed though - the Super Stearman package is brilliant!
    The Sky is the Limit

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce66 View Post
    Oh that looks good!

I don't know why I did not see that on their web site. I got the Gypsy Moth from there but I did not spot a Stearman in the free section. Although I came across several forum posts about an airmail Stearman....

I am not disappointed though - the Super Stearman package is brilliant!
    Glad you are enjoying the Super Stearman, We intentionally did not list it as a freeware on our site as not to compete with the payware version. The freeware AG Stearman was a gift to the SOH community and remains available on the SOH file library FTP page.

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Glad you are enjoying the Super Stearman, We intentionally did not list it as a freeware on our site as not to compete with the payware version. The freeware AG Stearman was a gift to the SOH community and remains available on the SOH file library FTP page.
    Ah! I see it there now! And thanks!

If I am not mistaken the freeware duster is included in the Super Stearman package (?) so no need for me to download and install again. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

But the Airmail repaint - where can I find that? Or is it a private skin....

No biggy since the video is already made and I wouldn't redo it for a skin change.....just curious.
    The Sky is the Limit

If I am not mistaken the freeware duster is included in the Super Stearman package (?) so no need for me to download and install again. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

No biggy since the video is already made and I wouldn't redo it for a skin change.....just curious.

Hi .

You can get that email from here (scroll to almost bottom) if that is the one you are interested in.......

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=2&pp=20

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Hi .

You can get that email from here (scroll to almost bottom) if that is the one you are interested in.......

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=2&pp=20
    Thanks for that Gray Eagle!

I have no luck (or patience!) searching in the library...I rarely find what I start looking for and end up going down some dark but interesting alley - seeing things I want and researching histories etc - I am really quite hopeless when it comes to concentration!
    The Sky is the Limit

The freeware duster is not the same as the payware version. There some enhancements. If I recall though I think it used the same texture maps as the free one

It's available here if you still want the US AIR MAIL paint.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...5349&catid=184

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    It's available here if you still want the US AIR MAIL paint.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...5349&catid=184
    Ted,

See my #6. I've already fixed him up with the link. He emailed me that he's D/L it.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Ted,

See my #6. I've already fixed him up with the link. He emailed me that he's D/L it.
    He stated he didn't want to look around so I gave him a direct link without scrolling.

Thanks guys!

It's brilliant that everyone is so helpful here!

Love that repaint TuFun!
    The Sky is the Limit

Members who have read this thread: 0