Windows 7 64-bit Safe Panels?

Thread: Windows 7 64-bit Safe Panels?

Windows 7 64-bit Safe Panels?

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick question. What actually constitutes what I've heard of as a Windows 7 safe panel? I'm on a 64-bit system and haven't had issues for the most part, but haven't gotten the Flying Barrels Campaign to work yet simply because the Aeroplane Heaven aircraft just won't load. I get a blank screen with a small black circle where the mouse pointer is supposed to be. Is this a Windows 7 "safe" issue, or something completely different? I get the same thing with the A5M and various other aircraft I've downloaded.

So far I've troubleshot the issue by aliasing the AH F3F to another panel (the OH F4F-3 by B-24 Guy) and managed to get an updated single mission to load, but that's about it. (I actually swapped out some ships and aircraft in the mission as well). Nothing with the default AH F3F, however.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jorge
    Miami, FL

Sounds like the Win7+ panel lock up. Open the panel.cfg and remove render_3d_window=1
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Sounds like the Win7+ panel lock up. Open the panel.cfg and remove render_3d_window=1
    Thanks, Allen, it works! I never would have figured that one out. Amazing ... I can get ship guns to animate but couldn't get a panel to work. Go figure.

Thanks again!

Jorge
    Miami, FL

Members who have read this thread: 0