Aeronca Release date approxinmate!

Thread: Aeronca Release date approxinmate!

Aeronca Release date approxinmate!

Hello all.

So the release date for the Cr1 Aeronca is Dec 15 2019. Its late due to Thomas and his wife losing one of their kids in a tragic and horrible accident. It is great to see Thomas pick up the torch and soldier on as in his words "You can let this crappy world roll over you and you can just lay there and cry about it, or you can get up and fight the god dam basturds!"

So because of that reason he missed the planned release of the Aeronca, but no worry folks it is so beautiful and so well built you wont be upset for long. I can tell you a few facts, It will be released on steam for fsx acceleration steam version. On the Cr1 site it will be out for the steam version, FSX SP 2 stand alone version, acceleration, and Prepare 3d v 4.4 and onward.

It comes in many many variants and it has some very good pop up instrumentation like a GPS and stuff like that, New sounds, and the modeling has been updated in 3d max 2019 and Maya 2019 for animations. He has considered the old customers that now own the 1st beta and hasn't changed the texture mappings so that any/all of your custom paints will still be able to go on this one with NO modification. It has 3 new gauge sets including a new modern set like in a Cessna 172 or something. That too has been designed so you can set any of the Aeronca gauge set into any plane you want in the Aeronca series and literally make a custom interior of your liking. It has a very nice easy to use paint kit as well. With A whole book of a read me ...lol.. I hate read me docs.....lol!

I have been flying the heck out of it the last week as is the rest of the beta squad as its FD tweek week...so hundreds of hours of testing going into the FD right now. Its a very fun to fly little plane.

Its a real beauty.

I will share some nice videos pretty soon on it.

And also the new Ford Tri-Motor will be coming your way a few months after the Aeronca release, then either the Do 335 or the new Mosquito. I don't know which of those two will come 1st. They are history making add ons those ones and I can tell you they are the most intense add ons I have ever seen and I have them all!

SO.... we are in for a heck of a Treat with those coming up!

With the circumstances as they are Tom has a 5 member team now to help him get the add ons out faster for you guys. I think that was a wise move on his part as he really needs a hand. They are real game designers and real game programmers so the add ons are going to go right over the top now.

Ok all, That's it for now will be back in a week or so with a big fat video for you!
    CHEEEEOOOWWW!

Slim Pickins

Am really looking forward to this one.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Thomas and his wife lost one of their children in a tragic and horrible accident! Prayers to this man and his family. Prayers for the child as well who now waits for his family to reunite in a better blessed place. That he is able to carry on with the Aeronca is a testament to their character and faith. This will be a special aircraft I look forward to purchasing whenever Thomas is able to complete the project.

My Condolences to Thomas's family.

Ken

Im not sure if ive taken the orginal post in its intended manner

But for Tom to loose a child and to get on with life and push on releasing a mere addon for a game is a bit rich

Allow him to grieve and focus on his family and well being first, personally if this isnt released or he pulls the pin for an undertermined time frame or entirely all together, is perfectly acceptable and totally understandable and reasonable

His welfare should come first, and the context of this post shouldve reflected that, not a addon that you can promote.

My sincere condolences to Tom and his family.

Well said Matt.

Please let the man and his family grieve in peace.

The release of a model aircraft for a computer is a mere triviality compared to family grief..

condolences Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Im not sure if ive taken the orginal post in its intended manner

But for Tom to loose a child and to get on with life and push on releasing a mere addon for a game is a bit rich

Allow him to grieve and focus on his family and well being first, personally if this isnt released or he pulls the pin for an undertermined time frame or entirely all together, is perfectly acceptable and totally understandable and reasonable

His welfare should come first, and the context of this post shouldve reflected that, not a addon that you can promote.

My sincere condolences to Tom and his family.
    A-freaking-men.

To be fair, I'm not sure that the OP wasn't saying something along these lines... but it sure bears repeating.

Thank you all!

Its ok, Slim is her Uncle so he handles this differently then others would.
    But I tell you this, you go through something like this and you find out quick who your real friends are.

So on to happier things.

The Aeronca is a pleasure to work on and its a very gentleman like aircraft. Working on it is letting me relax and think of other things for a bit other then the bad.

The release date sounds pretty good to me, My vice Prez made the schedule and assigned 5 of our staff on this division of Cr1 from a major game contracted project we have under way. She is a great Vice and a very good friend!
    They will work on the Do 335 and Mosquito and I will finish off the unfinished Aeronca and Ford Tri Motor.

I look forward to continuing our relationship with the Flight community for many years to come. Cr1 will always be here, we will never leave our community. Right to the end.

Take care.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Members who have read this thread: 0