Indiafoxecho TA-4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiafoxecho TA-4

Indiafoxecho TA-4

Good news on the development front, according to Mr.Cattaneo it appears were going to have this beauty come to FSX at some point ..... one can only hope soon !!

Anybody care to comment on its good looks and performance in P3D V4 ?

Cheers

I flew it in v4 yesterday...another quality product from Dino.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TA-4J VX-4, KNTD.jpg  
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

A quick tip of the hat to Dino Cattaneo for confirming a copy of the TA-4 will be available shortly to us FSXer's. Dino, your continued support of FSX is much apprectiated.

Regards

Packing the Beta version as I write... I had to cut some features from the P3D version and I am trying to optimize it for memory consumption (which is not a concern on P3D...)... hopefully it will still be a good rendition of this aircraft...

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    ... hopefully it will still be a good rendition of this aircraft...
    Of course it will be...it's a Dino...

Certain buy for the SEA theater (with Tacpack & FSCAI)
    I am trying to optimize it for memory consumption
    Please, do. It's critical for Tacpack users.
    My Military Flight Videos :

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Packing the Beta version as I write... I had to cut some features from the P3D version and I am trying to optimize it for memory consumption (which is not a concern on P3D...)... hopefully it will still be a good rendition of this aircraft...
    It will be, 'cause Dino don't build no junk! (Thanks for bringing it to FSX for us sir!) As and aside, I just got some USS Ranger decals for my 1/48 S-3 Viking because they match the livery you provided and it's my favorite one for that plane! (Except the decal makers believe black is a color in the rainbow so I'll have to fix that to the correct blue!)

For the record... the TA-4 Beta test was super-smooth (basically no new issues detected with respect to the current P3Dv4 build). So (fingers crossed) the package will be released during the weekend.

Fully ready to buy it
    The more you do, the less you dream

For the record, the FSX version of the TA-4J is being uploaded to SimMarket as I write.

Repaints for the P3D version are compatible with the FSX version (albeit they'll look a little less fancy without PBR ;-) )

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TA4J6.jpg   TA4J7.jpg   Image5.jpg  

Oh, happy day! I'll spend the rest of the day watching sim-market like a hawk! Thanks for the FSX version, Dino
    America never stopped being great.

... who'd thunk , my Thanksgiving turkey has been taken out by a Skyhawk !!$@#&?

Cheers Dino !

with Dino about to release his fsx version

12 TA-4 repaints available at https://library.avsim.net/search.php...Go=Change+View

Got my FSX copy, but it will not install. Gives an error message that the mdl file contains an invalid data error 21FC.... Got to notify Dino.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Got my FSX copy, but it will not install. Gives an error message that the mdl file contains an invalid data error 21FC.... Got to notify Dino.
    Download O.K., from SimMarket, but will not install. Got the same error message as Warhorse. Sorry Dino, but over to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

12 TA-4 repaints available at https://library.avsim.net/search.php...Go=Change+View
    May I request for an Argentinian "Falklands War" repaint of this bird ?... Not even for Virtavia's A-4 such a livery exists...

Problems with the installer!

Hi guys, I am sorry but it seems that the file on the SimMarket is corrupt (not sure why... a transfer error maybe? That should not happen in 2019...)...

Anyway, I am reuploading the file right now. The file should be online in an a few hours in the worst case - hopefully the error will be gone.
    I have just tested the installer on three different PCs and it worked with no errors - but you never know…

My apologies for the inconvenience. In the very worst case, I will provide a .zip files for manual installation.

Installer file has been reuploaded - it is named TA4JFSX_version1_071_2.exe ...but it is the same file I intended to upload before. Honestly I cannot tell what went wrong...possibly a file transfer error or a glitch in the SimMarket server.
    Anywauy, the installer should be available in a few hours for you to download.
    It seems to work fine on all the computers I have, but you never know… so please let me know if it works.

Installer problem fixed

It seems that the installer problem has been fixed.
    Most likely the old file in the SimMarket server was corrupted (hard disk or transfer failure).
    Apologies for the inconvenience.

Perfetto ! Easy on frames and comes with a quite woah !... Tacpack integration.
    I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this little bird. And external choices via fourth window, thumbs up.
    I love the starting procedure. Good job ! I'm going to bomb something now...

She's a genuine fighter (Tacpack). Tracer effects alignment with where bullets hit, perfect.

Some bugs I encountered :

1. Engine sound is more loud at nose of plane, instead of engines exhaust.
    2. Colimated aiming croshair, goes out of hud's perimeter in turns ("undocked") - EZCA in use.
    3. No sound when I'm firing the guns

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

Matt, thanks so much for your excellent paints. Do they contain the necessary alpha channels for FSX to produce the shine that I personally adore? I understand these are not
    required for the P3D version but FSX uses them. If no alphas, would you consider incorporating same and reuploading? I realize this may be asking too much as you've probably
    moved on to P3D as have many others.

On another note, Dino, thank you for making this bird available for us die hard FSX'rs. Not enough of that going around these days so your additional effort really stands out.

Got the install issue resolved. All I can say is "WOW". Great job, Dino. Well worth the wait for the FSX version.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Hi all

Thanks for the appreciation!

I am sorry for the installation issue...but at least now it is solved. Only 7 users were affected...sorry guys!

A couple of notes:

- No gun sounds: the project does not feature custom sounds at the moment

- Sound being too quiet on some angles... this is a by product of the sound cone settings (which are the same as my T-45)... it should happen only on the ground and at low RPM. Seems OK in most conditions in flight.

- Crosshair not masked ....this is a by-product of the fact that the model was thought for P3D. Sorry for that.

As for the textures, please note that the "shininess" on alpha channel works ONLY if the model is programmed to support it... the TA-4 is not. "Shininess" information is contained in the specular maps. At the moment there is just one set of specular maps ("one fits all" type...which is not perfect for matte liveries like Israel or very shiny ones like Blue Angels, but does its job). Repaintes may want to create their own specular maps if they wish.

Thank you Dino for this jet ! Really nice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-10-14_16-22-25-224.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

Members who have read this thread: 1