CFS2 Sound.cfg: Water touchdown sounds.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CFS2 Sound.cfg: Water touchdown sounds.

CFS2 Sound.cfg: Water touchdown sounds.

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to get water sounds to sound when landing on water with a floatplane (contact point type 4 in Aircraft.cfg), but there seems to be a special syntax for water touchdowns in the sound.cfg.

Defining a wheel (contact point type 1) and changing the touchdown call in the sound.cfg to call a water-sound, makes the latter audible, on land touchdowns, so it is not a matter of sound-file incompatibility.

I was wondering if anyone knows and could help.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Aleatorylamp
    "Why make it simple if you can also make it complicated?"

Watery Sounds in silence

Hello Folks,

It seems a difficult issue, this water-sound business.
    I tracked down a Microsoft document related to the FS config files, and the sounds appear to have a
    flag parameter for the kind of surface that CFS2 supposedly detects, to activate a certain sound.

For water itīs Flags=8, and Iīve put it into the Ground_Roll and Touchdown sections of the Sound.cfg, calling
    convenient watery sounds from the main sound library, as well as some watery touchdown sounds in the aircraft
    sounds directory, but it all still remains silent.

Well...
    Cheers anyway,
    Aleatorylamp

Question

Hi A,

It's not something I know about that well. The doc you found, are you sure it's for CFS2 and not the FS series of sims. They are different and may not act the same?

Are you talking about an internal (2D/VC cockpit) water sound or external water sound?

I'm not on my Fs rig, so can't test, but I'm trying to think if flying boats/planes/amphibs give water sounds internally, and I'm not sure. As to parameters, I would think yes a combo of surface detection/contact point and sound call, as you say. The one thing I can say is that I would of thought you would have to use just float/skid contact points 4/2 and not wheel/1, so that the sound is connected to water surface AND a float contact point...try that.

I'll take a look in-sim tomorrow.

Cheers

Shessi

Hello Shessi,

Thank you for your answer!

The Microsoft config.file document I mentioned is not CFS2 specific, but seemingly a general one, so I donīt know if CFS2 is programmed to detect water with Flags=8.

Contact points I have, are defined as type 4 (floats). I only mentioned type 1 (wheels) because when defined as such and landing on land, any sound called, sounds. Of course, on water then, the plane sinks, but that is obvious.

With contact points defined as floats, they wonīt sound on water or land, from within the plane or from outside.

It is strange that no Sound.cfg Left/Right/Centre Touchdown Section I have seen, includes flags or viewpoints.

Where flags seem to be used is in the Landing Roll sections, but CFS2 doesn't seem to react to Flags=8 (water).

Another thought: There is a system whereby a couple of gauges on the panel are defined, in combination with a Water Effect in the EFFECTS directory, which is called from the Aircraft.cfg, and this produces spray coming from the contact points when the plane taxis on water. Maybe a water-sound could be assigned to this spray effect...

I don't know.

Cheers,

Aleatorylamp

Hi A,
    Had a chance to check a few things. And no there's no internal or external splash sounds for FP/FB type ac.

If you look at a stock install of CFS2, you will see there are no FB/FP etc, and therefore the only references to water and aircraft in the main Sounds section is to an aircraft crashing into or landing on water.

The CFS2 developers had no idea that we would take it to where we are now, and so they gave little development room in the basic install. Having said that I have had an idea.

If you take a look at the sound config file for an aircraft there are entries for scrape points and fuselage sounds, the later entries refer to crash landings land and water, and are present in all ac sound configs.

Now a cunning plan! If you were to make the FB/FP ac scrape points at the points of your floats/hull (you'd have to experiment as they may get in the way, make them slightly higher), and in the ac sound config file you allied the scrape points to a customised splash/spray sound (in your main sim Sound folder), you possible would be able to get the water splash sound for your FB/FP??

The stupid thing is I've modeled loads of these type of ac and love 'em, but I'd not given that type of sound effect a thought!!! DOHHH!!

As far as a gauge driven sound is, yes I think (?) you my be able to do that. The DAP gauge is used in CFS2 to drive a visual float/hull spray effect, so there may be someone out there who would be able to do you a customised gauge driven sound. Personally I think the customised sound effect is the way to go.

I'll give it more thought....

Cheers

Shessi

Hello Shessi,
    Your plan for using scrapepoints to trigger alternative sounds is very interesting, and could be possible.
    Also, the damage threshold for the scrape points could be reduced so as not to interfere.
    Iīll see if I can make any headway.
    Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp

This is a fascinating thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    This is a fascinating thread.
    Tis, isn't it. Very curious to see what happens.

Hello Shessi, Hello Ravenna,

Yes, it is definitely very interesting, this new business.

I got some similar information from Kdriver yesterday along the same lines - i.e. using scrape points.
    He mentioned a paddle steamer built for the sim that works with water sounds, so it seems that we are going to get somewhere.
    Letīs see if I can get some experimenting on the subject done today.

I was thinking of duplicating the 4 contact-point lines for the two floats (type 4) in the Aircraft.cfg, and giving
    those a Type 2 scrape point designation, with a really high damage threshhold, to see if I can get any reaction
    of the scrape points mentioned in the Sound.cfg.

Contact point parameter Nš. 13 seems to be a sound an entry, to designate the kind of scrape point desired, and supposedly this
    will correspond to the label of the scrape point type to be used the sound.cfg.

Also, it looks like the left/right/centre Touchdown sounds only apply to land, and will probably be left in - and a mistaken land landing
    could even be made audibly destructive.

To make things easier, Iīve taken out all the engine sounds except starter and startup, to be sure of hearing something it it comes through.

Anyway... More, later!

Update: (Later...)
    No success as yet. I was using Aux1 and Aux2 scrape points for the duplicated floats as scrape points,
    with Flags=8 to detect water, but itīs all mute
    Also, I added Landing Roll sections with watersounds, also with Flags=8, but itīs no good either.
    Incidentally, normal L/R/C Touchdown sounds are mute too, probably because itīs not wheels that are
    defined in the contact points.

Update 2 (Later still): Slight headway?
    It seems Flags=8 is not interpreted by CFS2:
    Taking out all Flag=8 lines, something seems to be working:
    I get water-sounds sounds from inside the plane (2D panel view) only, because Viewpoint=1, for the landing roll:
    A) On land, with wheels defined (contact points Type 1), and
    B) On water, with floats defined, (Contact points Type 4).
    Now I have to try withwout defining the viewpoint.

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp
    Last edited by aleatorylamp; September 23rd, 2019 at 03:41.

One little step forward...

Hello again,

Duplicating the 4 float contact point lines to make scrape points out of them, interferes with the planeīs floating abilities,
    and it sinks, so thatīs no good. Then, I have had no success with Flags=8, so that also seems to be a waste of time.

However, it is interesting that values 7 and/or 8 can be entered in position Nš 13 of the float contact-point lines themselves,
    (previously 2 and 3 for left and right gear), and this way the Sound.cfg can detect them as Aux1 and Aux2 scrape points,
    and will assign sounds to them, in this case, water sounds.

For the moment, they are only audible from inside the plane, the 2D panel view, but at least itīs a tangible step forward.

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp

Water-landing sounds for interior views.

Hello Folks,

Thanks to input from Shessi and Kdriver I have had a certain degree of success in this endeavour.

Summing up after the water-sound experiments for water landings I have tried, it appears that neither Flags=18, nor Left/Right/Centre Touchdown sounds have any audible manifestation in CFS2, even using Viewpoint=1 or Viewpoint=2 to "force" the sound to be heard from outside or inside. Even the Landing Roll section was not audible, whichever Flags or Viewpoints were to be defined.

The only thing that CFS2 seems to recognize is assigning values 7 and 8 for Aux1 and Aux2 scrape point sounds in Aircraft.cfg Contact-Point entry Nš 13:

//13 Sound Type: 0=Ctr gear, 1=aux.gear, 2=Lgear, 3=Rgear, 4=Fus scrp, 5=Lwing scrp,
    //......................6=Rwing scrp, 7=aux1 scrp, 8=Aux2 scrp, 9=Tail scrp
    //
    //.........0......1.....2........3......4....5....6 ....7....8...9...10....11.12.13..14..15
    point.0=4,9.5000,6.000,-6.50,1575,0.0,0.54,0.0,1.0,2.5,0.88,0.0,0.0,8,0.0, 0.0
    point.1=4,9.5000,-6.00,-6.50,1575,0.0,0.54,0.0,1.0,2.5,0.88,0.0,0.0,7,0.0, 0.0
    point.2=4,-7.760,-6.00,-5.95,1575,0.0,0.54,0.0,1.0,2.5,0.88,0.0,0.0,7,0.0, 0.0
    point.3=4,-7.760,6.000,-5.95,1575,0.0,0.54,0.0,1.0,2.5,0.88,0.0,0.0,8,0.0, 0.0

This allows the CFS2 Sound.cfg to play selected water-sounds, albeit for interior sounds only, i.e. 2D Panel and Virtual cockpit views.
    No combination whatsoever yielded any positive results for water sounds to be audible from outside the plane.
    Nevertheless, I suppose one could say this is a reasonable degree of success.

I chose the Watrlnd1 and Watrlnd2 sounds, combining them with the left and right touchdown sounds from the FS98 Catalina Flying Boat, which I renamed to watrsndl and watrsndr. The combination of the two I felt sounds better than either one on its own.
    I defined Scrape 7 as left, and Scrape 8 as right, to get some degree of stereo effect into the speakers.
    So, the lines in the Sound.cfg that made this work were:

[AUX1_SCRAPE]
    filename=watrlnd1
    minimum_volume=9000
    maximum_volume=10000
    minimum_speed=1
    maximum_speed=55
    minimum_rate=0.80
    maximum_rate=1.60
    link=AUX1_SCRAPE2

[AUX1_SCRAPE2]
    filename=watrsndl
    link=AUX1_SCRAPE3

[AUX1_SCRAPE3]
    filename=watrlnd1
    link=AUX1_SCRAPE4

[AUX1_SCRAPE4]
    filename=watrsndl
    link=AUX1_SCRAPE5

[AUX1_SCRAPE5]
    filename=watrlnd1
    link=AUX1_SCRAPE6

[AUX1_SCRAPE6]
    filename=watrsndl

[AUX2_SCRAPE]
    filename=watrlnd2
    viewpoint=2
    minimum_volume=9000
    maximum_volume=10000
    minimum_speed=1
    maximum_speed=55
    minimum_rate=0.80
    maximum_rate=1.60
    link=AUX2_SCRAPE2

[AUX2_SCRAPE2]
    filename=watrsndr
    viewpoint=2
    link=AUX1_SCRAPE3

[AUX2_SCRAPE3]
    filename=watrlnd2
    viewpoint=2
    link=AUX2_SCRAPE4

[AUX2_SCRAPE4]
    filename=watrsndr
    viewpoint=2
    link=AUX2_SCRAPE5

[AUX2_SCRAPE5]
    filename=watrlnd2
    viewpoint=2
    link=AUX2_SCRAPE6

[AUX2_SCRAPE6]
    filename=watrsndr
    viewpoint=2

If anyone should have any further suggestions or ideas to try out, of course they will be very welcome!

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp

Hi A,
    Well done fella!

A great bit of detective work there. I didn't really think that the M$ info was any good for CFS2, but the info got you thinking....

Well, water sound in 2 of the 3 areas (ie 2D, VC cockpits, but not external) is pretty good.

Have you tried hearing a crash landing or slide on landing externally?....nope there's nothing...only goes to a 'movie' when crashing. When gently slide-on landing land or water there' no sound externally, so unless M$ just didn't put a sound in (unlikely) or you find something they left and never finished I suppose there will not be any external water sounds, which is a shame. Have you studied the Fs9 sound set-up, there may be clues as to what the sound differences are between CFS2 and Fs9.

It is strange that they didn't put any sounds allied to slide-on landings, the sound of parts breaking on landing are there, but not for scrape points...or are there????

Cheers

Shessi

Hello Shessi,
    So it seems there was some incompleted sound-related work that went into the CFS2 release... What a pity.

The M$ info has at least partially been interesting for our purposes, and for some secondary things...
    Another thing I got out of it, but which also only works from internal views, was the existence of the
    Tail Scrape Point (Pos.13 Value=9 in Aircraft.cfg Contact points):

//13 Sound Type: 0=Ctr gear, 1=aux.gear, 2=Lgear, 3=Rgear, 4=Fus scrp, 5=Lwing scrp,
    //......................6=Rwing scrp,7=aux1 scrp, 8=Aux2 scrp, 9=Tail scrp
    //
    //..........0......1.....2........3......4....5....6 ....7....8...9...10....11.12.13..14..15
    point.10=4,-7.760,0.000,-5.95,1575,0.0,0.54,0.0,1.0,2.5,0.88,0.0,0.0,9,0.0,0.0

Initially I had expected it would be an External Sound, given the Heading that begins with an "X"...

[XTAIL_SCRAPE]
    filename=ssTouCC // (a central touch-down sound)
    minimum_volume=9000
    maximum_volume=10000
    minimum_speed=1
    maximum_speed=55
    minimum_rate=0.80
    maximum_rate=1.60
    link=XTAIL_SCRAPE1

[XTAIL_SCRAPE2]
    filename=watrlnd2
    link=XTAIL_SCRAPE3

[XTAIL_SCRAPE3]
    filename=ssTouCC
    link=XTAIL_SCRAPE4

[XTAIL_SCRAPE4]
    filename=watrlnd1
    link=XTAIL_SCRAPE5

[XTAIL_SCRAPE5]
    filename=ssTouCC

But no way... disapointingly, this doesnīt react to viewpoint=1 or Viewpoint=2 either.

It does, however, improve the variety of the sounds played, but is probably of no use for a float-plane
    without a tail float, because it would add a central wake from a non-existing central tail float.

The M$ also indicated that from a sub-list of sounds (2 to 6 in some cases) with extra .wav files to combine in a certain
    section, sounds are selected at random, so repeating sounds like I did is pointless, unless one were to bias the sound
    combination in favour of one of the several sounds to be used.

Anyway, the result is better than nothing.

Incidentally, the FS98 Water Sounds that Mike Hambly put into his FS98 Sandringham Flying Boat, (which seem to
    go with a FS98 PBY Catalina too), are one of the best sounding water-landing sounds I have come across. In his
    Sound-Readme he does mention that all sounds are his, except for the Water sounds, but I havenīt found the
    original author (yet).

Interesting that you say slide-on landings donīt have a sound either. Iīve never tried that...
    I wouldnīt know about FS9, unfortunately, as I donīt have it...

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp
    Last edited by aleatorylamp; September 27th, 2019 at 01:15. Reason: typos

Hi A,
    All interesting I think. Would be good to talk to those who originally worked on CFS2, it would so easy to answer the many questions!

I'll have a comparitive look between CFS2 and Fs9, and see if there's anything useful.

And I must take a look at MH's water sounds, good to have choice.

Cheers

Shessi

Maybe it is irrelevant to this discussion, but I have been looking at a lot of planes that claim to use Mike Hambly's water sounds, and have found very few. That is, when I open the downloaded files, they contain no files called anything like "water" or "splash", despite the fact that the sound.cfg calls such files up. Perhaps this means that any water sounds you are hearing are actually default files from the simulator.

However, I did find 4 files at flightsim.com which do contain files with such names, and which have reference to these files in the sound.cfg. Perhaps these files will be useful to your discussion -

pscfloat.zip

ba_wp.zip

cubfp2k.zip

teal25v2.zip

HTH,
    Ro

Water sound file names

Hello rohan,

Interesting comments. Amongst FS98 sea- or floatplanes, I found several water-sound wav files that had the original names of the normal left/right/centre touchdown sounds. The ones Iīm referring to and using at the moment are ssTOUCC, ssTOUCR and ssTOUCL, (from Mike Hamblyīs Short Sandringham). Variants of the same are found with normal names xmtoucl, xmtoucr and xmtoucr, (from a PBY Catalina), all with .wav suffixes of course.

The problem isnīt really which water sounds to use, but the fact that CFS2 poses limitaions as to where and how water sounds can actually
    be made to work.

Anyway, at least we can give results a 70% or so pass mark to our endeavour: Aforementioned sounds are merrily working, nicely and clearly audible in 2D panel and Virtual Cockpit views. The 30% fail puntuation would be for inaudible water sounds from outside viewpoints and the slide-on landings Shessi was mentioning, but Oh, well... such is life.

Hello Shessi,
    What are MH's water sounds? - Iīm afraid I donīt understand.

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp

M ike H ambly water sounds..ha!

Don't forget gents that M$ changed the sims a lot from Fs98 to Fs2000/2002, then again to Fs2004, AND these are the FS series not CFS series of sims. I think it would be more relavent to see if CFS1 did anything with sounds differently, but I bet not, as again ther are no native FB/FP ac in that sim, and therefore they would only want water bourne crash sounds.

As you say A, you have done well grasshopper, and I expect 2 out of 3 is the best you'll get (and 70% is a good pass mark in my books!), and I'll look forward to cockpit water sounds...

May I suggest making a 'how to' package, with an example, and uploading, so that others can get get water sounds?

Cheers

Shessi

Hi Shessi,
    Oh! how obvious - Oh Dear! I must be getting old... never mind... Mike Hambly did come up with some excellent sounds.

Also, you are quite right that the CFS2 has come quite a long way - its spectacular visual water effects make up very
    well for the lack of outside-view water sounds, especially when you take into account what you had to do to get a wake
    on the flat blue monochrome FS98 water surface.

OK, I must look into how CFS1 does watersounds. I wonder...

Yes, I agree that a "how to" is a good idea. In fact, I wrote one into the Floatplane Readme this afternoon, explaining
    about the Aircraft.cfg Contact Point Type 4 (floats) issue, with Position 13 having values 7 and 8 for the Sound.cfg to
    do its act for Aux 1 and Aux 2 Scrape sound assignments, in case anyone needs the information.
    I was just improving some texture business on the floatplane, and hopefully I can upload very soon!

Definitely, I also agree with you that a 2 out of 3 for the CFS2 sounds is a pleasing achievement!
    Thanks for your comments!
    Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp

Hi A,

I have been looking into Fs9 water sounds. As said, they are driven by the flag 8 call, but only a few ac actually have external water sounds, something I have never noticed. And internally most of the time the engine/wind noise drowns (ha!) out any potential water sound, so it's not that noticeable. I have a lot of water aircraft and have only found one that actually has water sounds in all 3 locations ie 2D, VC and externally (MVG's Cant 506).

I've also looked at CFS2 again, and yes, as you say, it doesn't use flag 8 sound calls, and that's why you can't hear it, only by fooling it like you have done in the 2D/VC. If we could get into the sim code, then a lot could be unlocked.

Look forward to the 'How to'.

Cheers

Shessi

Hello Shessi,
    Iīll have to look into the way CFS1 handles watersounds, but at the moment Iīm quite bogged down with quite a
    few things, and have no time. Then, I donīt know enough about programming to get into the CFS2 source code,
    but itīs an interesting thought.

The "How to" is really already in Post #11 and Post #13, so in reality, it already exists!

For float-planes without tail-float it is what I posted in my post #11 in this thread.
    The only things that could change would be which and how many water sounds you would decide to use.

I used filenames watrsndl (or ssTOUCL would do as well) and watrlnd1 for left sounds,
    and filenames watrsndr (or ssTOUCR would be OK too) and watrlnd2 for right sounds.

For Floatplanes with Tail float, you would add what I posted in post #13, for centre sounding sounds, and filenames could be
    watrsndc, or ssTOUCC, combined with watrlnd1 and watrlnd2 (these last two are centre-sounding sounds anyway).

If all goes well and I have time in a short while Iīll upload the floatplane in question.

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp

Hello Folks, Hello Shessi,

OK, itīs done! The Floatplane is uploaded. Let me know if somethingīs amiss...
    Itīll be available as soon as itīs approved in the library.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=124&id=25814

I have included a text describing how to implement working water-sounds for CFS2, for floatplanes with and without tail-float.

A flying boat can of course also be made to work with these water-sounds, by conveniently managing the different contact-points
    involved in the Aircraft.cfg. The Sound.cfg would not need changing, except for the personal choice of water-sound wav files.

Left and right floats would correspond to left and right hull-sides, and the tail float would correspond to the centre-aft keel area.

I have also put in examples of the code needed in the Aircraft.cfg and the Sound.cfg, so it should not be too obscure.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the dip!
    Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WD7 Screenshot.jpg  

Great stuff A!

Well done and many thanks. Now off to see the results....

Cheers

Shessi

...slide landings now?

Hello S,
    OK! Let me know if thereīs any doubts.

I just got an idea for your slide-landing:
    Perhaps some more Scrape Points can be defined and called in the Sound.cfg for such occasions.

M$ configuration info document also mentions the following three, to be written into the Sound.cfg with the usual syntax:

[FUSELAGE_SCRAPE]
    [LEFT_WING_SCRAPE]
    [RIGHT_WING_SCRAPE]

In the Aircraft.cfg they can be declared entering values 4, 5 and 6 into Contact Point entry position Nš 13. I suppose these would be true Scrape Points, but would have a high damage threshhold, and hopefully would not interfere with any other scrape points that suffer damage. Or, the others would have to have their damage threshold adjusted so as not to play the aircraft explosion film.

//13 Sound Type: 0=Ctr gear, 1=aux.gear, 2=Lgear, 3=Rgear, 4=Fus scrp, 5=Lwing scrp, 6=Rwing scrp, 7=aux1 scrp, 8=Aux2 scrp, 9=Tail scrp

These would expectedly touch the ground when the landing gear
    a) collapses, or
    b) refuses come out, or
    c) someone intentionally does a belly-landing,
    ...and then a convenient disastrous cacophony could be called by the Sound.cfg.

Letīs see if I have time one of these days to look into this.
    Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp

Summary for Water Touchdown Sounds How-to.

Hello Folks,
    I have been asked to post the summary of what has been achieved upto now regarding the
    implementation of Water-touchdown sounds upto now.

A new Forum member, Lastvika, has pointed out that perhaps the Water-Crash sounds could be used.
    I still have to investigate that. Maybe these can be heard from outside? Hmmmm..... Interesting...

Anyway, attached herewith, is the summarized document so far.
    Here it is on the post as well:

CFS2 Water-Sound implementation for floatplanes:
    -------------------------------------------------
    Water-touchdown sounds have been successfully added, which work in CFS2, audible in
    2D Instrument-panel Virtual-Cockpit viewpoints. As yet it has not been possible to achieve
    any audible water sounds from outside viewpoints.

Sounds used come from Mike Hamblyīs FS98 Sunderland Flying Boat:
    ssTOUCC.wav, ssTOUCL.wav and ssTOUCR.wav (left, right and centre sounding sounds)

Additional sounds for a possible central Tail Float can be added from the CFS2 sound
    directory: watrlnd1 and watrlnd2.

Step 1: The Aircraft.cfg - Contact-Points Section.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Type 4 contact points for left and right floats, can be made to have sounds by assigning
    values 7 and 8 in position 13.

These values correspond to Aux1 Scrape and Aux2 Scrape, that will be called in the Sound.cfg.

If the aircraft has a tail float, these contact points will have value 9 (Tail Scrape)
    assigned to them in position 13.

Example for left and right floats:
    -------------------------------
    // 6=Rwing scrp, 7=aux1 scrp, 8=Aux2 scrp, 9=Tail scrp
    //
    point.0=4,9.5000,6.000,-6.50,1575,0.0,0.54,0.0,1.0,2.5,0.88,0.0,0.0,8,0.0, 0.0
    point.1=4,9.5000,-6.00,-6.50,1575,0.0,0.54,0.0,1.0,2.5,0.88,0.0,0.0,7,0.0, 0.0
    point.2=4,-7.760,-6.00,-5.95,1575,0.0,0.54,0.0,1.0,2.5,0.88,0.0,0.0,7,0.0, 0.0
    point.3=4,-7.760,6.000,-5.95,1575,0.0,0.54,0.0,1.0,2.5,0.88,0.0,0.0,8,0.0, 0.0

Example for the addition of a Tail Float:
    -------------------------------------
    point.4=4,-12.760,0.00,-4.95,1575,0.0,0.54,0.0,1.0,2.5,0.88,0.0,0.0,9,0.0, 0.0

Note that the left/right, fore/aft and up/down positionning of the float contact points
    will depend on the specific aircraft used.

Step 2: The Sound.cfg
    ----------------------
    These lines entered in the Sound.cfg file will call corresponding Water-sounds that have
    been implemented by declaring Aux1 and Aux2 Scrape Points in the left and right Float contact points
    in the Aircraft.cfg file.

They are left and right water sounds, combined with centre water sounds.
    They come through very nicely in stereo on the computer speakers.

Left and right Floats:
    ----------------------
    [AUX1_SCRAPE]
    filename=ssTOUCL
    minimum_volume=9000
    maximum_volume=10000
    minimum_speed=1
    maximum_speed=55
    minimum_rate=0.80
    maximum_rate=1.60
    link=AUX1_SCRAPE2

[AUX1_SCRAPE2]
    filename=ssTOUCC
    link=AUX1_SCRAPE3

[AUX1_SCRAPE3]
    filename=ssTOUCL

[AUX2_SCRAPE]
    filename=ssTOUCR
    minimum_volume=9000
    maximum_volume=10000
    minimum_speed=1
    maximum_speed=55
    minimum_rate=0.80
    maximum_rate=1.60
    link=AUX2_SCRAPE2

[AUX2_SCRAPE2]
    filename=ssTOUCC
    link=AUX1_SCRAPE3

[AUX2_SCRAPE3]
    filename=ssTOUCR

Tail Float:
    -----------
    In case a Tail float is installed on the aircraft, and the corresponding entry has been made
    in the Aircraft.cftg file, the following lines will cater for Tail Float sounds.
    They are Centre sounding water sounds, which can be combined with extra watrlnd1 and watrlnd2
    water sounds.

Contrary to what anyone would expect, XTAIL_SCRAPE is NOT an external or outside-viewpoint
    sounding sound!

[XTAIL_SCRAPE]
    filename=ssTouCC
    minimum_volume=9000
    maximum_volume=10000
    minimum_speed=1
    maximum_speed=55
    minimum_rate=0.80
    maximum_rate=1.60
    link=XTAIL_SCRAPE1

[XTAIL_SCRAPE2]
    filename=watrlnd2
    link=XTAIL_SCRAPE3

[XTAIL_SCRAPE3]
    filename=ssTouCC
    link=XTAIL_SCRAPE4

[XTAIL_SCRAPE4]
    filename=watrlnd1
    link=XTAIL_SCRAPE5

[XTAIL_SCRAPE5]
    filename=ssTouCC

NOTES:
    Left/Right/Centre-Touchdown and Landing-Roll Sections have been deleted from the Sound.cfg
    as they have no effect on floats in CFS2.
    Also, Flags=18, which trigger water sounds in other simulators, has no effect in CFS2.
    Moreover, it is impossible to achieve audible water sounds in outside viewpoints with Viewpoint=2.

Nevertheless, the sounds implemented as described in this document function very well with interior
    viewpoints, i.e. 2D Instrument Panel and Virtual Cockpit.

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Many thanks for that A, very useful...

Cheers

Shessi

Members who have read this thread: 1