First aircraft for a reinstall choice

Thread: First aircraft for a reinstall choice

First aircraft for a reinstall choice

Iv just had to do a reinstall of FSX after a HD problem. which is cool, as i was thinking of cutting back on add-on scenery and plane's anyway ( ive try'd this before and it never works out )

The first 3 aircraft ive installed back in are RA Spit, Dave Garwoods Hunter and MJ's C47 . What would be your first 3 ?

For FSX it would be the A2A Cub, B17 and B377
    There the 3 I miss the most in P3D
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Bill Lyon's Piper Apache, adapted for P3D. The plane I have actual hours in. A friend took me up for a ride. He had me put my hands on the yoke, then took his off and said let's see what FSX taught you. I had a riot for about 4 hours. He did the actual landings, I did everything else, except the radio.
    Loved it.
    Sue

For me it would be MJ's C47, Ant's Tiger Month and Milton Shupe's Grumman Mallard.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Maltby's 1-11 with Bjoern's tweaks,
    also his Tridents

Then PMDG NGX's.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Definitely the A2A Cub, for the reason already stated. Then maybe the CR-1 Aeronca, for the same reason. If that's a bit similar, then perhaps Ant's Tiger Moth or the GAS Stearman for a biplane, and then Wozza's Texan for my third entry.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

1) Aerosoft Lightnings.
    2) Milviz Phantoms
    3) SWS Phantoms

Dave

Hi Ian,
    here are my three aircraft:
    - RealAir Spitfire (mandatory to get the wonderful repaints by Marcel Ritzema available here)
    - Restauravia Mirage IIIC or IIIB (a wonderful repaint by Richard Luycx for the "B" model can be found at Avsim: https://library.avsim.net/search.php...root&Go=Search)
    - Royale French Navy Etendard IV
    Enjoy!!!

Stéph.

For myself it would be

1) Mark Harper's Mirage III/5 package
    2) Kirk Olsson's Mirage F1
    3) Wilco Tecnam P2006T

And then everything else.

Hi Ian,
    forgot to mention the superb (and freeware!) Ant's airplanes Tiger Moth available here: https://www.antsairplanes.com/freeanddemos.html
    Enjoy!!!

Stéph.

In FSX, probably the C-47, sibwings SAAB Safir, A2A P-47, closely followed by the Realair Spit, A2A B-17 and WBS P-51
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

In FSX

A2A Spitfire - Either version (Accusim Mk1 or earlier FSX version of Mk1)
    A2A Bf109 Emil
    Alphasim He111 or new AH version (whuch I haven't got yet)

Good question, my A2A Piper Cub installs with FSX since it was bought on Steam.

Then I would surely install the C-47.

SOH-CM-2022
    For me,
    probably the GAS Pitcairn Gyrocopter, then any of the Avro Tutor family by Nigel, finally a bit of twin engine fun with Miltons Beech 18.

Course you would need to install some Orbx scenery to enjoy all that low and slow flying.

Gavin

As I finally plan to retire my 12 year old PC this is a question I really need to think about. Its impossible to limit myself to just 3 aircraft, but the Classics Hanger FW190s, the A2A WWII fighters Bf109-E, the Restauravia Caudron C450/460, the WBS P51-B/C and D/K, the RealAir Spitfire, Dave Garwood's Mosquito, Manfred Jahn's C-47, Nigel's Tutor, the Aeroplane Heaven Dunkirk Spitfire, the JMC Dewoitines, the Douglas A20/Boston, the Flight Replica's CAC Boomerang and Bf109-K would all definitely be among the first to reinstall. (The AH Typhoon, The AH Mosquito, FR Me262, FR P-40 and loads more. I just notice I will be very busy when I replace my PC!)

And I would also install the Flight Replica Buchon and Bf109 Gustav. Which I have purchased already a while ago, but which will not run on my humble system.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Anything by Piglet ....
    They all work in P3Dv4 so no need to install them in FSX
    For me FSX is now just for the stuff that wont work in P3D.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    As I finally plan to retire my 12 year old PC this is a question I really need to think about. Its impossible to limit myself to just 3 aircraft, but the Classics Hanger FW190s, the A2A WWII fighters Bf109-E, the Restauravia Caudron C450/460, the WBS P51-B/C and D/K, the RealAir Spitfire, Dave Garwood's Mosquito, Manfred Jahn's C-47, Nigel's Tutor, the Aeroplane Heaven Dunkirk Spitfire, the JMC Dewoitines, the Douglas A20/Boston, the Flight Replica's CAC Boomerang and Bf109-K would all definitely be among the first to reinstall. (The AH Typhoon, The AH Mosquito, FR Me262, FR P-40 and loads more. I just notice I will be very busy when I replace my PC!)

And I would also install the Flight Replica Buchon and Bf109 Gustav. Which I have purchased already a while ago, but which will not run on my humble system.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Man!! You run a system for 12 years? That is damned impressive!

Just had to say that.

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Man!! You run a system for 12 years? That is damned impressive!

Just had to say that.

Priller
    When you think about it, it is indeed pretty amazing. As FSX didn't run on my previous machine I decided to build something which should last for years. Halfway I installed a new graphic card, and I added an additional disk, but that was about it. After all these years it starts to become unreliable. Sometimes it will not start and sometimes it just freezes.

I will hopefully build something which will last for many years again, but I do realise that 12 years isn't very realistic.

Cheers,
    Huub

Ummmm....let'see.

Nigel planes.

Milton planes.

and...uhhhhh......Piglet's Peculiar Planes.

Errrrrrr...three types....right?

Members who have read this thread: 0