I have a stupid question

Thread: I have a stupid question

I have a stupid question

yet again Daves going to ask a dumb question,but with a full install of P3D,do you have to be online to fly?..same for Xplane. my internet speeds are around 4 to 5 mbps max,i pay for min of 12mbps,but with interference here in the marina,4 to 5 is the best.though i can do downloads at 2 am and get 15-20 mbps,im just not awake then,steam with do them auto at those times..but ya know....

my new pc is pretty awesome and im itchin to start over.

No you don't for either Dave, you will only need to be online to activate them the first time you run them.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

thanks dangerous,i thought that was it,but i just couldnt remember...lol.

I agree about P3D.
    You only need to be online during install and activation, and that's all.
    For XPlane however, that one will frequently ask you to confirm your registration. For example, after installing some addons, or when you update the sim version etc... For me, this happens once every few weeks, for example.

There are no 'stupid questions' Dave, only stupid answers, which do not live here at the Outhouse. .
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I agree about P3D.
    You only need to be online during install and activation, and that's all.
    For XPlane however, that one will frequently ask you to confirm your registration. For example, after installing some addons, or when you update the sim version etc... For me, this happens once every few weeks, for example.
    I have the Steam version and have never had to enter an activation code. However, Steam does check each time you run it when you’re on the net but you can also use it offline with no problems also.

i think there are some differences between the Steam version and the Laminar version but I don’t really know what they are.

"I have the Steam version and have never had to enter an activation code. However, Steam does check each time you run it when you’re on the net but you can also use it offline with no problems also."

Thank you for that essential clarification ...

I have the non Steam version of XP11 and as Daube said it will occasionally ask you to reactivate it but I only seem to get that if I haven't flown it in a while.
    It only takes a moment though so if it pops up you only need to go online for a minute and then you can disconnect again afterwards.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56