Coming soon to a hard drive near you!

Thread: Coming soon to a hard drive near you!

Coming soon to a hard drive near you!

Good Morning!

Hope to have these out by the end of the day. They should be available soon!

I probably spent more time putting together the screenshot than I did on the paints!

Jorge

For the curious: In the first shot is the Lexington on top and the Saratoga below. Across the top are VF-2, VB-2, VT-2, and VS-2. Across the bottom are Aviation Pilot First Class (enlisted pilot rating below chief), VF-3 (the original Felix the Cat), VB-3, VT-3, VS-3, and Chief Aviation Pilot (a chief petty officer rating for the enlisted pilot). The Navy never had separate wings for the enlisted and officers - all wore Navy Wings of Gold regardless of their rank. The reason enlisted pilots were called "Silver Wings" was due to the silver-white color of the rating badge on the rank pictured above.

I'm hoping to do some more era USN ships. Just need to download and see what can be done. I'm also reading up on how to animate cannon on this thing, but I think I'll start with something smaller since I'm not sure I'll be successful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cv2_cv3_mcx_montage_01.jpg   cv2_190917a.jpg   cv2_190917b.jpg  
    Last edited by Jorge; September 17th, 2019 at 08:00. Reason: images not coming through on first post

Uploaded to Warbirds Library. Should be available soon.

Enjoy!

Jorge
    Miami, FL

Stuart277_Lex_PreWar.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Ships repaints Add-Ons

Description: Twin pack of updated textures for Stuart277's Lexington Class aircraft carriers. These textures represent the USS Lexington CV-2 and the USS Saratoga CV-3 in their Pre-War color of Light Gray overall and Mahogany deck stain. Markings are in Orange-Yellow, also called "chrome yellow" in some circles.

The Lexington texture is meant to replace my other texture for this ship that was uploaded last week, but you may use either/or depending on which you like better.

By: Jorge

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Stuart277_Lex_PreWar.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks Jorge!
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Jorge,
    Looking very sharp!

Reply...

Jorge,

Your paint job on these models is almost a time-machine...it really brings things to life!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 0