First DCS Deka Ironwork J-17 Video

Thread: First DCS Deka Ironwork J-17 Video

First DCS Deka Ironwork J-17 Video

The intro video for the soon to be released J-17 DCS module:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCHc...1f8Eg1Gy72UlwY

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had not even heard that this was coming to DCS. Great to see some PAC/Chengdu aircraft in the sim, just to mix it up a bit.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    I had not even heard that this was coming to DCS. Great to see some PAC/Chengdu aircraft in the sim, just to mix it up a bit.
    More importantly, a modern full fidelity "red force" aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post
    More importantly, a modern full fidelity "red force" aircraft.
    Indeed. I forgot to say that.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Interesting look, like an F-20 and F-16 had a love child. I would buy it, because it's different and not western. Just need to make sure the developers aren't supporting ISIS or other networks(because it's a Pakistani made jet, of course ...)....kidding, of course.

PS, forgot to say thanks for posting Storm.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

If you look closely you can see some of it's Mig-21/F-7 roots. Avionics look great and that anti-ship capability could be fun.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Released!!!
    <strong>

Patrick

I have just bought it and will I supposedly be a test subject of sorts. Will report back my findings ASAP.
    Last edited by StormILM; December 4th, 2019 at 14:15.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Okay, just got finished making 3 test flights. In short, it flies very nicely! I always wondered what the F-20 Tigershark would have been if it had gone into production. This aircraft in many ways reminds me of the F-5 to F-20 genesis even though it's a different platform, it has that early to late 1980's feel to it in terms of avionics and that generation of jet fighter's power and handling, the analog feel of the F-5/Mig-21 mixed with the power and flight control of an F-16 so to speak. I have not delved into the weapons yet, I just want to get to know this model. But it is a very hot jet, great handling, very responsive, plenty of power and acceleration. The Fly-By-Wire AoA and G limiter seem well thought out and implemented It's going to make a superb adversary model.

That being noted:, here's some things I noted, the pitch trim appears to be backwards from what most of us are used to, meaning the average trim for UP is usually down (to replicate a backward pull of the stick keeping the trim input concentric with the stick movement and intended control surface movement/control moments). This model's trim control seems to be set in an Up/Down facing forward manner, meaning literally an up click is Up, down click being Down. When I discovered this, I was coming in for landing and tried to add Up Trim and it started diving! You can simply set the pitch trim opposite of what you normally do on the control assignments, easy fix. The other quirk is that at the moment, you can't assign the landing gear up/down to your external HOTAS, only the keyboard G button (default). There are a few other controls that currently can't be assigned as well. If anyone knows of a way to fix this without having to await an update, please let me know. The external and VC models look great but the VC is again kind of retro with 1980's-ish displays and the texture detail may seem soft to some folks. it is a well modeled cockpit from what I can see so far. That is it for now. I can recommend this model.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WOW!!!........Nice Storm......She Looks like a Beauty!!!

Patrick

The cockpit textures are a little bland, but I've heard the cockpit texturer is dealing with some hard times and will be working on it as soon as all is better, once that happens, I'm sure this will pop up on my radar.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Members who have read this thread: 1