HMS Bounty

Thread: HMS Bounty

Hybrid View

HMS Bounty

I can't seem to get the FSX Bounty to move, (zero ground speed). I have my sails set correctly to the wind direction. Wind velocity 16 - 24 knts, not grounded. Ultra Hard aircraft. I feel it must be something simple that I'm missing.

The FS9 version sails fine in FS2004. Thanks if you can help.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    I can't seem to get the FSX Bounty to move, (zero ground speed). I have my sails set correctly to the wind direction. Wind velocity 16 - 24 knts, not grounded. Ultra Hard aircraft. I feel it must be something simple that I'm missing.

The FS9 version sails fine in FS2004. Thanks if you can help.
    Have you "weighed" anchor?
    EDIT: That was a silly question by me; sails will not deploy otherwise. :-)

Are you certain wind is coming from behind the sails?
    Press shift+3 for a diagnostic window. Paste screenshot here.

Are you in "Slew" mode by chance? I get caught on that one at times. LOL

Are you running P3Dv4? Special install instructions for that sim.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks Milton, running FSX, sp1 & 2, not P3Dv4. Wind coming off port quarter at 24 kts gusting to 28. Anchors aweigh. All plain sail set, full and bye. Entering Portsmouth mid channel. No slew. Still stationary!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Thanks Milton, running FSX, sp1 & 2, not P3Dv4. Wind coming off port quarter at 24 kts gusting to 28. Anchors aweigh. All plain sail set, full and bye. Entering Portsmouth mid channel. No slew. Still stationary!
    Are you running the FSX Native version, or the port over.

The port over requires FSUIPC; the native version does not.

EDIT: Also, use shift+3 to display the blue data screen; provide screen capture please.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes, this is the FSX native version. I did try the port over version just now and it sails just fine, with no problems. I do have, what I believe, is the latest FSUIPC. Really odd.

Yes, this is the FSX native version. I did try the port over version just now and it sails just fine, with no problems. I do have, what I believe, is the latest FSUIPC. Really odd.
    Stoney, the blue diagnostic screen tells the story. The "AS-Wind speed = zero. For whatever reason the Bounty is not seeing the wind. If you display the wind with shift+Z, you should see the same number in the AS-Wind entry.

It may be that Accel is required for that native FSX version. I'll check with Rob Barendregt.

If you click on "Addons" in the Menu bar, does it show FSUIPC there?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I am also running FSX with SP1 and 2. This is the FSX native Bounty. Running with the 16 knot wind and if I could throw up a spinnaker, I would. She's moving with ease.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bounty.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	71453
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 0