TA-4J Skyhawk Released
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TA-4J Skyhawk Released

TA-4J Skyhawk Released

TA-4J Package is now available on SimMarket LINK:https://secure.simmarket.com/indiafo...r3d-v4.4.phtml
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Super little scooter! Very nice vc and great exterior model (but I'm not a rivet counter, so its only my view).

Couple of things I've noticed so far -

The rear seat mag compass on the canopy leaves its mounting screws behind when the canopy opens (they stay in the same place as when its closed, but the rest moves)
    The scratches texture for the canopy glazing doesn't move with the canopy, it stays where it was with the canopy closed.

I also moved the viewpoints for the vc and rear seat up as I felt it buried you too low behind the panel. Unfortunately the gunsight is now too high so I'm going to have to see if I can tweak that too!

And I need to read the manual - took me a few tries with ctrl+e to realise I hadn't connected the ground carts! And I have no idea how the steering bar works - that'll teach me!

Dino - lovely job so far, probably your best yet

@teeboyThanks for the appreciation - sorry for the glitches... will be fixed soon.RegardsDino

How the heck did we beta testers miss this? I thought I had done all the various things.

Meantime, Dino, also please see if the emergency jettison works as its supposed to. I tried it this evening with the final version and only one fuel tank punched off.
    When I activated the pylons all the weps punched off.. perhaps this is normal.

Eric

@ejoiner - from the looks of Dino's WIP list before release, you guys were VERY busy. And how many people look up when the canopy is open?

Another one -

Rad alt OFF flag visible all the time, even when rad alt reading okay. And the bug/low height indicator triangle is very touchy. I left-clicked on the adjuster and it shot round to 5000ft and would not move after. Did move with scroll wheel but is fast (maybe just my mouse)?

And the rudder seems very responsive at low speed on the runway with steering off, certainly more than I would expect for its size.

But oh my, she does fly well and is very immersive. Hope that a single-seater is on the way

...in my experience, it is basically impossible that a (relatively) complex model as the TA-4J is completely free of bugs at release: the more testers you have and the higher is their skill and their experience, the lower is the chance that some bugs will escape the screening process... but the probability is never zero.As for the TA-4 I am quite happy with the quality level - I have already started working to fix the glitches above, but I'll wait another week or so before releasing it - just in case more bugs will emerge.In the meantime I am uploading the paintkit - the TA-4 had some of the (if not THE) best liveries ever - and I cannot wait to see what the community will create!As for the single seater, yes... it is coming. Hopefully before Christmas. Also, a simplified version for FSX is coming too.

Awesome news about the single seater, Dino. Will it be the A-4C, E, or F...or some combo? Will you have an F with avionics hump (hoping so!). At any rate, WHATEVER you do single-seater wise...I will be buying.

I was leaning toward buying the two-seater...and reading what I have today about it, I will be getting it tonight. The news on the single seater is smashing!

Also VERY much looking forward to your M-346.

Kent

Oh my poor bank balance - a single seater! Sold already.

Not ventured onto carriers yet - still land bound circuits but Dino, she flies beautifully - awesome job (not that I've flown the real thing, but it just feels right). You have to stay ahead of it on approach, but its very immersive. The boat landings are going to be great fun.

Great to hear you are onto the bugs, and yes, I agree there will be some - nothing is completely clean at launch.

Anyone on the fence with this - jump in. Looks superb inside and out. Repaints eagerly awaited...

Nick

I bought this the second Dino released it -- TA-4 has always been one of my favorite planes -- and I was going to see if anyone would do a repaint of the privately-owned TA-4J we often see flying here in Seattle. Turns out Dino included one! So I had to take the opportunity to match up Dino's excellent model with some pics I took last year of it at Paine field...

One note: In pics 2 and 3, I hadn't realized you could swap the refueling probe from straight to curved, so it doesn't match with the real plane. Pic 1 was taken after I figured out how to match them up.

Anyway, beautiful plane and it flies great! Thanks, Dino!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GG-P3D-0.jpg   GG-P3D-1.jpg   GG-P3D-2.jpg  

Thank you all for your appreciation a support!

The paintkit is now available on my blog:
    http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/20...-paintkit.html

As for the single seater... I have not decided yet which versions to include. One I'd like to do is the "Super Fox" version (basically the F version without the hump and with a more powerful engine)... which in turn is quite similar to the F version. And then, adding the hump you can also have an F version. Not decided yet.
    However, there will be discounts for those who purchase both the single and the twin seaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Thank you all for your appreciation a support!

The paintkit is now available on my blog:
    http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/20...-paintkit.html

As for the single seater... I have not decided yet which versions to include. One I'd like to do is the "Super Fox" version (basically the F version without the hump and with a more powerful engine)... which in turn is quite similar to the F version. And then, adding the hump you can also have an F version. Not decided yet.
    However, there will be discounts for those who purchase both the single and the twin seaters.
    A discount is least of many concerns, just keep up the outstanding work

Dino - good news on the **possibility** of an F with a hump....and I agree with Matt's comment above whole heartedly-- keep up the great work!

Kent

Hi Dino,

The F sounds great. If you get the time, there is one more I would appreciate, but it would just be an extra; The OA-4M two seater. Just the external model, I would be fine with the existing cockpit. Having said that, I'm quite happy with what you have released and know you have other upcoming projects to concentrate on; and hopefully some time to enjoy some sim flying yourself!

...just to correct the my post above, I actually meant E and F... meaning, the Super Fox was basically the F model without the hump and with the J57-P-408 engine (with minimal changes: slightly larger air intakes, slightly different exhaust and "hotdog" antenna). Once you have the Super Fox done, it is easy to do the "regular" E model. Then, adding the hump it will turn into a regular F model. That would be my ideal target.More modern variants require more work, mostly because, starting from the M version, the canopy was different.As for the OA-4M is one thing I've considered...but, in my test, the hump geometry did not merge too well with the rest... so I decided to leave it out. But I'll have a second look when I'll have more time.

Don't wish to quibble with Dino or others - great work here indeed - however, for native FSX and P3Dv4 users, there is the Virtavia E/F whereas the (IMHO) classic and best looking A-4 is the "C" model.

The RAZBAM C's were good but aren't native FSX and no one has converted these as far as I know.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I understand your point...and indeed the A-4C was good looking. However, the idea is to reuse the TA-4 parts as much as possible, so it will be a A-4E/F/SuperFox... and yes, there is a free and pretty great model in DCS, and then there is the Virtavia one which is pretty good. But the plan is to have a P3Dv4 64bit PBR model...

Looks great indeed Dino.
    Always had a soft spot for the double hole version.
    Only at SimMarket?
    Unfortunate.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

At the moment yes, SimMarket only... just because they provide the fastest and most reactive interface for me.
    I will consider other distributors later on.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image111.jpg  

Yeah, baby! Looking good. I love the Israeli variants (they had both E and humpback F’s [they called them H’s I believe], and their “N” with extended exhaust (which I know is a bridge too far on this project))...and I really like the ones left flying today (former RNZAF and IAF) as tactical adversaries. All good stuff, Dino! Love the Scooter enough to have a cat of the same name...

Kent

All,Since I will have to travel for business quite a lot in the next few weeks, I have decided to release an updated installer to fix some of the glitches highlighted after the release.The new version will be 1.02 and should be available shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Don't wish to quibble with Dino or others - great work here indeed - however, for native FSX and P3Dv4 users, there is the Virtavia E/F whereas the (IMHO) classic and best looking A-4 is the "C" model.

The RAZBAM C's were good but aren't native FSX and no one has converted these as far as I know.
    It's a work in-progress...and not NEARLY as awesome as Dino's TA-4J ... but it's starting to come along. It's my first attempt and I'm still sorting out VC gauges and Tacpack. (I don't want to hijack, so I won't make any more comments about it in this thread)

Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Wow! What a surprise and welcome addition this will be. A whole Scooter family ..
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Great one again Dino! Test flight with weapons expended went well, noticed most of the very small bugs already reported, but overall great rendition of this iconic little Scooter. Boat time next after FCLP and I see SWS just updated the CEX program to include the TA-4! Looking forward to the repaints.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

thanks for the paintkit Dino

one of the very few TA-4G Schemes of the aircraft Australia had

Members who have read this thread: 2