TA-4J Skyhawk Released - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: TA-4J Skyhawk Released

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Sorry, I don't have that issue DL. Hopefully someone can help sort you out, as the cockpit is really outstanding on this model (And everything else about it. )
    Thanks SD,

Yeah, so we're clear - the VC panel and most of the gauge textures are fine. It's an effect I believe used to be called "barber pole" - where the white/black contrast of needles and numbers switches back and forth, roughly 4 cycles/second. Resembling a black/white version of the old fashioned spinning barber pole.

I think it was common in FSX with resource-demanding addons on machines with limited performance. Since I don't see it any other addon, including heavy addons like the SWS F-4, Aerosoft F-14, etc. I'm doubtful it's my pc's performance.

cheers,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Storm,
    Groom Lake Sim dude got those 2 camo Scooters already, I can't get enough of these cool A-4 repaints:

https://groomlakesimulations.wixsite...s-f-14d-tomcat
    Cool. More repaints. Glad to see Dino's Skyhawks so popular with the painters.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

New texture in progress

A new dress in progress : TA-4F BuNo 154334 "Chameleon".
    The crews gave her that nickname following the impressive number of different camouflages she received within the squadron.
    Some more corrections to do before upload it.
    Richard

Thanks, Richard.

The "Chameleon" looks great. I really like the research you're doing, and that your repaints match real world schemes.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Thanks, Richard.

The "Chameleon" looks great. I really like the research you're doing, and that your repaints match real world schemes.
    Thank you WarHorse47, comments like yours are my best reward !
    Richard

Blog Entries
    Love it!

That'll be my favourite aggressor scheme. And that's after the other two you did, which are also gorgeous.

Thanks for your great work!

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Love it!

That'll be my favourite aggressor scheme. And that's after the other two you did, which are also gorgeous.

Thanks for your great work!

dl
    Thank you for yours kind words DL.
    Unfortunately, I have to delay the download.I just flew to test the texture one last time and I noticed that there were still some corrections to be made.
    So, patience!
    Richard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    Thank you for yours kind words DL.
    Unfortunately, I have to delay the download.I just flew to test the texture one last time and I noticed that there were still some corrections to be made.
    So, patience!
    Richard
    Take your time - good projects are worth the wait.

cheers,

dl

Take your time - good projects are worth the wait.

cheers,

dl
    Upload is done. SOH, Avsim and FlightSim.
    Hope you will like.
    Richard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    Upload is done. SOH, Avsim and FlightSim.
    Hope you will like.
    Richard

Hello Richard,

I have been fighting with this model and have only just installed your repaint. It really does look sublime. Many kind thanks.

Dino, I've still got terrible shimmering in the VC with this plane. I've played with every combination of AA and other graphic setting, and to no avail. Is there anything you can advise on why I'm having this? I have it with no other addon plane.

thanks,

dl

Hello Richard,

I have been fighting with this model and have only just installed your repaint. It really does look sublime. Many kind thanks. ... dl
    Thank you DL.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by teeboy View Post
    I also moved the viewpoints for the vc and rear seat up as I felt it buried you too low behind the panel. Unfortunately the gunsight is now too high so I'm going to have to see if I can tweak that too!
    Did you solve it (position of gunsight a little down)? I noticed the same in my single seater (and I dont use TacPack - P3Dv5- so its not a problem for me). The view point of pilot view is too low, I changed it (Chaseplane) but now, the gunsight grid is too high, outside the glass.

I also noticed this with radar altimeter:

I left-clicked on the adjuster and it shot round to 5000ft and would not move after. Did move with scroll wheel but is fast (maybe just my mouse)?
    it goes to 17k after one move and doesnt want back.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Icon5 Skyhawk question

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Dino's Skyhawk series is still one of my favorites. I noticed in one of his earlier posts during development that the Skyhawk as shown has upper surface flaps. I can't seem to determine if they were included in the final product or not and if so how to activate them. Anybody input?
    -- WH

Spoilers? Yes they do work, switch is on the throttle quadrant for shore based take off/landings.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 2