TA-4J Skyhawk Released

Thread: TA-4J Skyhawk Released

Hybrid View

TA-4J Skyhawk Released

TA-4J Package is now available on SimMarket LINK:https://secure.simmarket.com/indiafo...r3d-v4.4.phtml
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Super little scooter! Very nice vc and great exterior model (but I'm not a rivet counter, so its only my view).

Couple of things I've noticed so far -

The rear seat mag compass on the canopy leaves its mounting screws behind when the canopy opens (they stay in the same place as when its closed, but the rest moves)
    The scratches texture for the canopy glazing doesn't move with the canopy, it stays where it was with the canopy closed.

I also moved the viewpoints for the vc and rear seat up as I felt it buried you too low behind the panel. Unfortunately the gunsight is now too high so I'm going to have to see if I can tweak that too!

And I need to read the manual - took me a few tries with ctrl+e to realise I hadn't connected the ground carts! And I have no idea how the steering bar works - that'll teach me!

Dino - lovely job so far, probably your best yet

@teeboyThanks for the appreciation - sorry for the glitches... will be fixed soon.RegardsDino

How the heck did we beta testers miss this? I thought I had done all the various things.

Meantime, Dino, also please see if the emergency jettison works as its supposed to. I tried it this evening with the final version and only one fuel tank punched off.
    When I activated the pylons all the weps punched off.. perhaps this is normal.

Eric

@ejoiner - from the looks of Dino's WIP list before release, you guys were VERY busy. And how many people look up when the canopy is open?

Another one -

Rad alt OFF flag visible all the time, even when rad alt reading okay. And the bug/low height indicator triangle is very touchy. I left-clicked on the adjuster and it shot round to 5000ft and would not move after. Did move with scroll wheel but is fast (maybe just my mouse)?

And the rudder seems very responsive at low speed on the runway with steering off, certainly more than I would expect for its size.

But oh my, she does fly well and is very immersive. Hope that a single-seater is on the way

...in my experience, it is basically impossible that a (relatively) complex model as the TA-4J is completely free of bugs at release: the more testers you have and the higher is their skill and their experience, the lower is the chance that some bugs will escape the screening process... but the probability is never zero.As for the TA-4 I am quite happy with the quality level - I have already started working to fix the glitches above, but I'll wait another week or so before releasing it - just in case more bugs will emerge.In the meantime I am uploading the paintkit - the TA-4 had some of the (if not THE) best liveries ever - and I cannot wait to see what the community will create!As for the single seater, yes... it is coming. Hopefully before Christmas. Also, a simplified version for FSX is coming too.

Quote Originally Posted by teeboy View Post
    I also moved the viewpoints for the vc and rear seat up as I felt it buried you too low behind the panel. Unfortunately the gunsight is now too high so I'm going to have to see if I can tweak that too!
    Did you solve it (position of gunsight a little down)? I noticed the same in my single seater (and I dont use TacPack - P3Dv5- so its not a problem for me). The view point of pilot view is too low, I changed it (Chaseplane) but now, the gunsight grid is too high, outside the glass.

I also noticed this with radar altimeter:

I left-clicked on the adjuster and it shot round to 5000ft and would not move after. Did move with scroll wheel but is fast (maybe just my mouse)?
    it goes to 17k after one move and doesnt want back.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 2