TA-4J Skyhawk Released - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TA-4J Skyhawk Released

I'll just leave this here....:whistles_innocently:

-JB

E-scope profile mode anyone?

-JB

Work in progress - VT24 Bobcats Diamond Anniversary

Fuselage is almost done. Next step wings.
    If you have pictures or infos about this special scheme they are welcome.
    I am looking for details of the logos and the typo utilised for the text "75th Year of Naval Aviation" and for the pilot name "Executive Officer CDR Terry L. Anderson".
    Thanks.
    Richard

NOTAM: TA-4 SKYHAWK V1.10 is out on SimMarket - and includes the OA-4M model too! Unfortunately due to a mistake on my side, the email notification has not been sent to customers.Recipients of complimetary copies who whish to upgrade should send me an email - preferably including their SimMarket user name account so that I can sign them up for automatic updates.VERSION 1.10 - October 10th 2019- Fixed missing roundels for VF-43 livery- Fixed missing "barberpole" tailhook texture for Israeli livery- Fixed minor glitch in Blue Angels livery metal reflections- Added OA-4M visual model and repaints- Added Sidewinder growl sounds- Added Gun sounds- Fixed glitch in visualization of AIM-9B on pylon 4- Added shininess to pilot helmets- Added low altitude warning sound- Added obstacle sound- Fixed glitch in the animation of the drop tank switch- Fixed bug in fuel system preventing fuel dump- Fixed minor glitch preventing "3" to show as first digit of the Kholsmann indicator- Fixed bug preventing oxygen depletion- Fixed bug causing incorrect internal fuel quantity reported in some instances- Fixed bug preventing centerline tank fuel from being refilled without Tacpack

Looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    Fuselage is almost done. Next step wings.If you have pictures or infos about this special scheme they are welcome.I am looking for details of the logos and the typo utilised for the text "75th Year of Naval Aviation" and for the pilot name "Executive Officer CDR Terry L. Anderson". Thanks.Richard

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    Fuselage is almost done. Next step wings.
    If you have pictures or infos about this special scheme they are welcome.
    I am looking for details of the logos and the typo utilised for the text "75th Year of Naval Aviation" and for the pilot name "Executive Officer CDR Terry L. Anderson".
    Thanks.
    Richard

Absolutely GORGEOUS repaint!! NC

Well, this is added incentive to get my PC fixed. I stupidly went to install Solid Works and I knew it wouldn't fit on my main drive, but I was watching TV at the same time and missed changing the drive path. Needless to say, I now have a locked drive that won't boot, so a reformat is in order. Fortunately, P3D is on a separate drive, but TacPack, etc, will have to be re-installed. I'm really looking forward to flying the OA-4M.

RL, I'm not sure we'll ever know what the font is. That's something that I would simply trace over in a vector art program; I use Adobe Illustrator, but Inkscape is free.

RL - Great looking livery! I'm buying Dino's TA-4J as soon as your livery is available.

Dino - Great job on the TA-4J and your support for the product is second to none! Thanks.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Looks great!
    Thank you Dino.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    ... RL, I'm not sure we'll ever know what the font is. That's something that I would simply trace over in a vector art program; I use Adobe Illustrator, but Inkscape is free.

Thank you Sundog, I found a very similar font. Just capitals need some work.
    Richard

Almost finished. Some little details to fix and I will upload this repaint and the "Draken International".

That looks great Richard!

Ken

@Richard - excellent livery! This was one I was waiting for... I planned to do it myself initially, but was a lot of work in itself...While it is not the primary reason why I did the Scooter, the sheer number of flamboyant liveries this aicraft had was one of the deciding factors...

Which verson of the TA-4J

I see that the TA-4 is for P3D V4 series and that maybe soon a version for the FSX so if I am using P3D V3.4, will I have to use the FSX version or
    will the P3D V4 work and if so, besides PBR loss what other functionality would be lost in P3D V3.4?

@greyeagleThe FSX version is already out. It *SHOULD* work fine with P3Dv3.X - but I have not tested it.Main differences are:- No PBR effect- No Backseat VC cockpit- Radar rendering done through GPS mapping (as opposed to P3D radar service)- FSX version at the moment DOES NOT include the OA-4M model ...pretty much everything else is the same.

Textures available

Hi all, textures "Draken" and "Bobcats" are uploaded.
    Available on Sim Outhouse and soon on Avsim and FlightSim.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    @Richard - excellent livery! This was one I was waiting for... I planned to do it myself initially, but was a lot of work in itself...While it is not the primary reason why I did the Scooter, the sheer number of flamboyant liveries this aicraft had was one of the deciding factors...
    Thank you for this comment Dino. I appreciate.
    Richard

fixed, should be on www.avsim.com tomorrow

Work in progress - VT-22

A new project for a repaint.
    TA-4J from VT-22 with a special high visibility red scheme.
    In 1992, the US Navy tested this scheme to improve the visibility of its training aircrafts.
    A/C #168 and #143 flew with these markings aboard USS Forrestal and USS Lexington.
    But the scheme was not adopted.

Awesome repaints guys!

While I was designing the TA-4 I was hoping for such excellent liveries!

Anyone know of some decent 1960-70 angled deck carriers to download

Using the SWS Midway for now, but was looking over the FSX Ships d/l here to see if any of the beta models work in P3D.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Using the SWS Midway for now, but was looking over the FSX Ships d/l here to see if any of the beta models work in P3D.
    Ive seen the payware modifed essex carriers package, however they are quite low res and have some funky lights, not really my cup of tea for payware

Great model, great repaints.....I've gotta get it!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Three for the price of one

New repaints depicting TA-4J BuNo 155113 at three different times.

Members who have read this thread: 2