TA-4J Skyhawk Released - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TA-4J Skyhawk Released

Awesome livery! Thank you!!!

The boss's plane

I was recently in Los Angeles to present my latest texture for Dino's TA-4.
    Some pictures of the event with a visit to Disneyland Anaheim
    More seriously, still some small adjustments and the texture will be available.

Another classic TA-4 livery!Excellent job!
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    I was recently in Los Angeles to present my latest texture for Dino's TA-4.Some pictures of the event with a visit to Disneyland Anaheim More seriously, still some small adjustments and the texture will be available.

Brilliant scheme!!! Looking forward to downloading that one!

Love all the color jets, request for unique camo: https://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraf...rofile09.shtml
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Here's a close approximation of the MiG17 aggressor camo paint. I couldn't do the gray canopy due to a slight limitation in the paint kit. I need to check things over before uploading if it is wanted. Maybe this weekend.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    Here's a close approximation of the MiG17 aggressor camo paint. I couldn't do the gray canopy due to a slight limitation in the paint kit. I need to check things over before uploading if it is wanted. Maybe this weekend.

Mike

"If it's wanted." Of course it's wanted!! Please upload.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Im sold, and would like a copy

Thank you Dino.
    Thank you ejoiner.
    Richard

Mike

Great job Mike.
    Oh yes, please upload it.
    Richard

Wow Mike, thanks for being on the "ball" so quickly! I'm researching several TA-4F adversary schemes.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Thanks guys! I will prep the upload and hopefully have it ready by the weekend. There are a couple of small edits I want to make. I've been working on other paints as well. I focused on some of the specialty and colorful paints over the years and some aggressors as well.

Mike

Some more:

VF-45 Blackbirds. Still work to do on this one:

One more... a favorite!

Man, you guys are cranking them out! Thanks. Anyone planning on doing the triple blue on white 75th anniversary of the Navy scheme?

Beautiful and out standing work

Look forward to downloading them

Thanks Matt! High praise from a master painter. Very much appreciated.

Sundog, I have been gathering material for the triple blue 75th anniversary paint but haven't started yet. If someone else is working on it, I'll stand down.

Mike

To mike

Awesome Mike.
    NJ/601 from VF126 and A 709 were on my to do list, so I deleted them. Thank you.
    About A 709, I would like to make some constructive remarks. I hope not to hurt you, my goal is to share a common passion and my infos.
    - The silver line on the front of the fuselage of your texture seems slightly curved. On the photos (see links below) the line appears rather like a straight line.
    - The antiglare panel is not black see the second picture from Cybermodeler.
    - On the first photo you have the name of the pilot.
    - On the first and second pictures, when comparing the right and left air intake, we note that compared to the "Danger arrow", the silver line is slightly positioned higher on the left side.
    - The last give an idea of the under surfaces.
    - The second give an idea of the helmet's color
    Richard

https://nara.getarchive.net/media/tr...skyhawk-fe8abd
    https://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraf..._a-4_269.shtml
    https://nara.getarchive.net/media/an...a161?zoom=true

A big THANK YOU to all the repainters - all these additional liveries are beyond my expectations!

Richard,

I very much appreciate the feedback and the pictures. I did not have too much to work off of so I am glad for the extra info. You should not delete your work! With the material you have I'd think your version of A709 would be much nicer, so please continue. Your other paints are marvelous. Don't delete any of them. Due to real world work I am often pressed for time so I may not get back to making revisions for some time. We can never have too many paints. Variety is the spice of life!

Mike

Dino,

Thanks very much for the encouragement and for this aircraft. It is awesome! I'm looking forward to the other variants. Great work!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    A big THANK YOU to all the repainters - all these additional liveries are beyond my expectations!
    Thank you Dino, your kind words are appreciated. :-)

Richard,

I very much appreciate the feedback and the pictures. I did not have too much to work off of so I am glad for the extra info. You should not delete your work! With the material you have I'd think your version of A709 would be much nicer, so please continue. Your other paints are marvelous. Don't delete any of them. Due to real world work I am often pressed for time so I may not get back to making revisions for some time. We can never have too many paints. Variety is the spice of life!

Mike
    Hi Mike, thank you for your answer. OK I put this texture back on my list. I know that it's not always easy to reconcile work and leisure.
    Richard

Not sure if you guys have made any NFWS Top Gun textures for the twin seater. Top gun F or Js are very hard to find, I think they only started to be used during the last years of Skyhawk flying. One subject is TA-4J 155115 which flew with nose code “60” from 1991.

It had the pilot name “LT Stephen Foley – Axel” stenciled under the canopy. The movie character name association is obvious. It is probably the same Stephen Foley as was the Blue Angels commander in the 2005-06 seasons. A period as Top gun instructor is mentioned in his CV.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 2