TA-4J Skyhawk Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TA-4J Skyhawk Released

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! NC

Awesome repaints!For the record, the next update will introduce the OA-4M as an additional model... this will require an additional sheet in the paint kit, as the fuselage textures have additional features (spine and ECM bumps). Speaking of paintkits, I'll try to find the time to rearrange it the current one to make it easier to work with it.Also, the first single seater model is almost ready.

Wow, Dino, that's great news. This plane is a blast to fly.

In fact, I think 80% of my flying in the past three weeks has been in all of your releases over the past three weeks (TA-4J, F-35B, F-35C, T-45 and F-14). I did try to fly the FS-KBT T-4, but I can't get it to work in P3DV4, that's why I used the T-45. I was doing a lot of flying around Japan, mostly out of KJOI; it's nicely done by the MAIW team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Awesome repaints!For the record, the next update will introduce the OA-4M as an additional model... this will require an additional sheet in the paint kit, as the fuselage textures have additional features (spine and ECM bumps). Speaking of paintkits, I'll try to find the time to rearrange it the current one to make it easier to work with it.Also, the first single seater model is almost ready.
    Did you just say "OA-4M"?

Priller

I hope one of the flight dynamic gurus can lend a hand to Dino to get the P-408 motor in the "M", that's a pretty big difference from the "J" 8500# thrust.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    I hope one of the flight dynamic gurus can lend a hand to Dino to get the P-408 motor in the "M", that's a pretty big difference from the "J" 8500# thrust.
    You can always just go into the aircraft config file and adjust the thrust scalar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    You can always just go into the aircraft config file and adjust the thrust scalar.
    Vic as SD noted its quite easy to do if Dino elects to leave it as is, however

You will need to have a separate folder with its own cfg otherwise all the other models will have the same thrust

I don't believe the OA-4M had the P-408 engine. They were just upgraded TA-4Fs and retained the J52-P8A/P8B.

Mike

1) A-4F
    Refinement of A-4E with extra avionics housed in a hump on the fuselage spine (this feature later retrofitted to A-4Es and some A-4Cs), wing-top spoilers to reduce landing roll out, nose wheel steering, and more powerful J52-P-8A engine with 9,300 lb of thrust, later upgraded in service to J52-P-408 with 11,200 lb , 147 built in total.

2) TA-4F

Conversion trainer – standard A-4F with extra seat for an instructor, 241 built.

3) OA-4M
    23 TA-4Fs modified for Forward Air Control duties.

It would seem to be a case of which TA-4F airframes were selected for modification to OA4-M standard as far as the engine fit is concerned.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

Jeansy, when and where are you going to upload these beauties?

I just got back from interstate work travel today, ive uploaded them tonight at www.avsim.com

Thanks gents, I should've read that a bit closer.

Twenty-three TA-4Fs were converted to the OA-4M designation for FastFAC (Fast Forward Air Controller) missions in the Vietnam Conflict. Basically, the OA-4M was a TA-4F equipped with A-4M electronics, plus additional communications gear; ARC-159, KY-28 secure voice.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Just a note for the -408 fans:

Apart from the fact that, AFAIK, the OA-4M did not have it, it is a very easy change to implement (just change the rated thrust of the engine) and does not really require the intervention of a flight dynamic guru ;-)

In any case, the introduction of the -408 engine IS planned for the single seater "Super Fox" variant ("Super Fox" being the nickname for the A-4Fs which had the more powerful engine).
    In many cases, the A-4Fs used in adversary roles were of the "Super Fox" variant - and were stripped of the hump and any unnecessary avionic for maximum performance.
    My current single-seater project is actually centered on the Super Fox variant, although I'd like to support also the standard E's and F's.I have the -408 engine already implemented in the single seater and indeed it makes quite a big difference (well...after all it was almost 28% more thrust)!

Will keep you posted with the progress.BTW - excellent repaints Matt! VA-45 looks great!

Preview images of the OA-4M... need to rework some minor details, but it is almost ready. It will be provided as a free addition in the next update (in a week or so hopefully!).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 71685975_2899167636763345_1353793135016148992_o.jpg   71735921_2899031913443584_1063261064415674368_o.jpg  

Well that solves me trying to find AirWrench or AirEd, for some reason I thought it was more involved. Confirmed through several sources that the TA-4F and OA-4M shared the same J52-P8A/B motor. I can also see how involved the cockpit of an A-4M would be, very different from previous models.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Man, this two seater is a blast to fly as it is; I can only imagine how much fun the F will be with the higher thrust. Plus, I love all of the aggressor paint schemes. Matt's going to have a lot of fun when that get's released. Now I just need Dino to make a decent F-5E and I'll have my favorite Aggressor aircraft. But I know he has enough to do as it is now. I'm really looking forward to his T-7 (Formerly T-X) when he has enough information to complete it.

BTW Dino, is there a way to make the Tac Pack selection window larger? I practically have to get a magnifying lens out to read it now. I finally bought TacPack for P3D because of the TA-4J (Well worth it, IMHO) which is why I bring this up now.

Thanks,
    Ken

AWStub

Hi A. W.,

Please check your Privates Messages

Bill

@Sundog

I'll see what I can do, but at the moment it is not a priority.

If you have the chance (and a powerful PC...sensor rendering takes its toll), try my payware F-35 with Tacpack - it really shines and gives you a glimpse into 5th gen fighters operation...

A few more, im away from home again and the laptop is somewhat limited in painting abilities

Hi Dino,
    Thank you for this little gem ! I have a lot of fun with it.
    I like it so much that I would like to do a bunch of repaints (Not as much as Matt !).
    I started with a plane which belongs to Draken International (N141EM).
    But I am bored by a detail. On the paint kit, I do no find the blade antenna which is situated just behind the second seat on the back of the plane. On the real plane that antenna is white, but mine appears green.
    Can you help me ? Where is it on the paint kit ?
    Thank you.
    Richard

Members who have read this thread: 2