TA-4J Skyhawk Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TA-4J Skyhawk Released

Matt, those VMFAT-102 look REAL familiar!!

I probably worked on all the one MCAS Yuma had. Either the VTAS or the radar, such as it wasn't.
    The VTAS as always easy to fix. It was always the WHITE wire. Unfortunately, there we a few hundred white wires in the bottom of the unit. Pull the base plate off, and there was the problem. One of those few hundred teeny, tiny white wires running every which way around the bottom. Were they soldered? Nahhhh. They were wrapped onto posts at both ends. Naturally, there were several wires per post, and the bad one as on the bottom of the stack. No "rewrapping" either. Pull a wire, you had to pull both ends, and then replace them all, wherever they went. Were the good wires on the top of the post at the other end?? No way, so more unwrapping, more wires to replace...
    The whole thing would snowball. But hey, it WAS the white wire. The wire slightly thicker than a hair. Pull too hard, they break. Wrap too tight, they break. Run them the wrong way, they burn.
    I hated the VTAS...

Also, remind me to tell you about how I got my first view of my now lovely wife, stradling the nose of one of '102's A-4s, scraping off cocooning for putting up outside the main gate of MCAS Yuma. Would have been nice of them to have pulled the seats out, or at least demiled them. Same with the LOX bottle, and the other parts the team that took the plane to Davis-Monthan for storage, with few hundred thousand other planes they had, they supposed to remove before it even left Yuma. Before they decided to bring this one back for display, at the very least, right after it got cocooned, of course.
    Needless to say, the base CO of Yuma had a few fits when he was informed the plane was almost ready to fly once it got to Yuma. Not demiled like it should have been. Even had fuel still in the tanks. The Co managed to find a lot of the 102 leadership on the bases they had been scattered to, and screamed and yelled at them for a while.
    They had to get 513's seat shop, armamnet techs, and the LOX farm to get it safe for the civvies that were prepping it for display.
    Never a dull moment, working on what turned out to be, essentially, an A-4 bomb ready to go off at any moment!

But hey, my soon-to-be second wife sure looked good straddling that nose just forward of the windscreen!! I drove one of 104's tugs past that plane a dozen times or so...

Thanks for the great memories of some real fun times
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

had to re do this one to display the correct tail scheme

Seven paints have been uploaded to avsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Seven paints have been uploaded to avsim.com
    Off to a great start. Thanks in advance.

Outstanding! Thanks Jeansy! NC

Can't wait to add those paints Matt, as soon as I figure out where my gauges went in the 1.02 update. Anyone else have an issue? 1.00 work fine w/ Tacpack.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Blog Entries
    As promised, I bought this bird within a few days of it hitting the stores. Dino, thanks for a great effort.

I really liked the configuration manager, and the exterior is phenomenal. The internal is quite good too, but with a number of issues - wondering if others have this also.

1) I'm getting really bad "barber-pole" shimmering, like many of us used to have on many models back in FSX. So the white parts of the dials, numbers, etc. in the gauges are shimmering to alternating black/white barber poles at a frequency of say, 3-4 cycles per second. I'm running P3Dv4.5, and no other addon of comparable complexity (eg: Ant T-28, SWS F-4, Virtavia A-4, etc.) has these anymore on my sim.

2) The rear-view mirrors shows a highly pixelated image - I think it's the ejection handle - but it's very low-res - almost like a Minecraft level representation of the orange cord.

3) Not an issue per se, but wondering what to do with the "Script" folder / contents. I did a manual install to my desktop, and then individually located the contents to my non-core install addon folder (C/Name/My Documents/P3DV4 Addons/Simobjects, Effects, etc.

Admittedly, I have only a few minutes of stick time due to pressing family responsibilities, so I expect to iron out more of the systems I didn't get a chance to read all about yet.

But hoping to get some clarity on these the above points, if possible.

Once more, many thanks!

dl

Good day Delta Lima1) Barber-pole issue... I am not sure what is happening here. Cannot see this on my system, and none of the testers had it - but there is one customer having a similar effect (he claims he sees the same thing with MilViz T-38C)... I am sorry but I do not have a solution for this at the moment as I do not see the issue, apart from advising to keep the video card driver updated. There is probably something "wrong" with the PBR material rendering... very few aircrafts are fully PBR.2) That is currently a limitation of the PBR... the rear view mirrors are full "PBR mirrors" (so they actually mirror the environment) - unfortunately the resolution is poor3) File in the script folder must go into the main Script folder of P3Dv4. The script controls the backlighting of the instruments.BRDino

@delta_lima...it seems that other P3Dv4 users have flickering issues on PBR models.http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6311&t=132510

Blog Entries
    Thanks Dino,

Well right off the bat, I didn't install that script content anywhere, since I didn't have such a folder on my non-core addons folder, and didn't want to add anything to my core folder. I'll likely make the exception and install that file in the core script folder, and that alone may be my issue.

Failing that, I think you had non-PBR models as well as PBR models (?? I'm going from memory, since I'm at work now, not at my sim pc) - so I could map to those instead.

So a couple of things to try - thanks for the followup.

dl

For the record, installer has been updated to version 1.05 during the weekend. It should solve a number of minor issues/inaccuracies.... but most importantly it should solve the ADI issue in inverted flight.

an early aggressor scheme (early 80s)

Great job Matt, -127 had some interesting camo schemes on all their Scooters. Goes well with the "Mig-28" F-5.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Brings to mind a phrase...

Let me see...

OH YEAH!

"Break NOW, Jester!"

Been a long tiiiiime!

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

The black aggressor has been uploaded to www.avsim.com

Thats about it for me in the next few weeks as im in and out of few states with work

I have 9 more i will be slowly working on while im away

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    The black aggressor has been uploaded to www.avsim.com

Thats about it for me in the next few weeks as im in and out of few states with work

I have 9 more i will be slowly working on while im away
    I downloaded/installed it. It is a GREAT paint, thanks! I will post some screenshots tomorrow. Was flying around Innsbruck (Orbx). Beautiful!! NC

Any progress with other vendors Dino? SimMarket only is holding me back

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Any progress with other vendors Dino? SimMarket only is holding me back
    Can you ask what would be your preferred distributor?I lost contact with FSPilot Shop and we know about FlightSimStore... SimMarket is providing the best service to me right now....

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Can you ask what would be your preferred distributor?I lost contact with FSPilot Shop and we know about FlightSimStore... SimMarket is providing the best service to me right now....
    How about the new store at flightsim.com. Same commission as elsewhere and they pay developers on time.

Members who have read this thread: 2