Stuart's Lex in PreWar Paint. (Sort of)

Thread: Stuart's Lex in PreWar Paint. (Sort of)

Stuart's Lex in PreWar Paint. (Sort of)

Greetings,

First post here at SOH in some time, though I've been following for a while. Just got back into CFS2 in the last week after being gone from it for over a decade. Lots of changes!

Anyway, I just got permission from Stuart to upload this paint I did of his recent Lady Lex and thought I'd post a pic of her first.

Hopefully this comes out fine as an attachment since I've now lost access to Photobucket (payware now) and Flickr as well (they're migrating off Yahoo and they keep asking me to let them access some stuff when I try to log in - something I'm not about to do until I get more info on what they're asking for).

Anyway, if all goes well I should be able to figure out the upload thingy fairly quickly.

I'm thinking of doing the same for Sara if there's interest?

Let me know what you folks think!

Regards,

Jorge
    Miami, FL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prewar_lex_cv2_stuart277.jpg  
    Last edited by Jorge; September 10th, 2019 at 17:47. Reason: Forgot other posts it's been so long.

Nice, very nice!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Stuart277_Lex_PreWar.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Ships repaints Add-Ons

Description: Pre-War USS Lexington, CV-2, with wood stained flight deck. This is how she may have looked in the 1930's while operating with colorful biplane aircraft. USS Lexington by Stuart277 is required to use this re-paint.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Stuart277_Lex_PreWar.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Reply...

Jorge,

Very nice contribution! Welcome aboard, we could certainly use people around here with painting skills!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Very nice Jorge,

A beautiful first work.

Giuseppe

Hi Jorge,

Nice work.

Looking forward to 'Sara.’

Cheers,

Stuart

Hi Jorge,

Good to see you here. Thanks for this very nice repaint. Lovely job!

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Thanks Jorge! Very nice addition!

Couldn't lay my hands on any colorful bi-planes so had to settle for a colorful Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat, VF-41, off the USS Ranger, Dec1940 (created by FDG2, I believe)

MR

"A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Found some old moth-balled F4, F3 and F2 biplanes!

A few more screenies featuring Paul Clawson's Grumman F3F-4 VF-2 "Fifi" flying off the Lexington in 1939!

(BTW folks, these old carrier based bi-planes could use some serious TLC!)

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Thank You!

To All,

Thanks for the accolades! I should be starting on something in a little while. Work first, however.

I noticed some minor texture issues with the decking on Lex which I'm going to fix on Sara and then release as Sara and Lex as a "two-pack" for this era. Hopefully by the end of the month.

Jorge

PS: Does anyone know of any templates or "voids"/"blanks" for the OH stockers? I found that Allens template for the F4F works for both the F4F-3 and -4 by B24Guy, but still trying to find something for the TBD and the Dauntless. The Vindicator by Allen has a kit already, so that's covered. Looking at trying my hand at a fictional "Colorful Campaign" of linear missions at some point using the default/more common aircraft someone might have in their hangar. Missions based on modified mission files from Cody's tutorial (hopefully). Mainly around Wake. Thanks ahead of time!

Members who have read this thread: 0