HU - Adam A500 and A700 on Avsim now.

Thread: HU - Adam A500 and A700 on Avsim now.

HU - Adam A500 and A700 on Avsim now.

FYI - just found these interesting aircraft on Avsim.

Category: Flight Simulator X - Original Aircraft

File Description:
    Adam A500 twin inline engine and Adam A700 turbofan jet. These models are highly detailed. The models were developed with the FSX Sp2 SDK. The models will also work well in FSX Steam and Prepar3d.

Filename: gfa_adam_aircraft.zip
    License: Freeware
    Added: 9th September 2019, 16:59:08
    Downloads: 85
    Author: Simon Smeiman
    Size: 226288kb

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2019-09-09 AVSIM Library.jpg  
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

SOH-CM-2020
    I installed them earlier this afternoon and took them for a very quick flight.

I'm impressed.

Pete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss1894.jpg   ss1895.jpg   ss1898.jpg   ss1901.jpg  

Looks very good. I've been waiting a good Adam 500 for FS a long time, now i finally get and totally free. Thank you for developer, very outstanding job.
    Would be nice to get GTN 750 installed to cockpit.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Simon made all the Fs Addon aircraft, including the Hudson and Anson so this should be good.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Well, they "look" nice from the exterior, but despite a pretty simple installation I have a black interior with just a few glass avionics showing, no steam gauges and no interior textures. Anyone else?
    I don't use the "Airplanes" folder for addon aircraft, but that shouldn't affect the installation which is very straight forward.

Anyone else?

NOTE: Change the path in the texture.cfg file if you put your aircraft anywhere except the Airplanes folder.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I have installed outside the default P3Dv4.5 folder and have changed nothing,
    they works fine for me out of the box, in-and outside.
    Really great freeware, absolutely recommended.

Everything working fine in FSX Gold, mfd's and interior textures for both aircraft no problems.

Just finished test flying both aircraft and I'm absolutely in love with both of them! Years back, I was wondering if we'd ever get a good rendition of the A500 and A700 but lost hope due to how niche these planes are. What a surprise it was to see this new freeware addon just waiting to be downloaded, seemingly out of nowhere at that! I'm pleased to say that I'll be putting many hours on these airframes in virtual flights to come. Also, can't wait to see some repaints for these birds. Might even do a few myself.

I installed and fell in love, long time wait for them, now just start using the paint kit
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

I tried yesterday add GTN 750 to A500 VC, but GTN screen stays dark in VC mode only 2D GTN works. Does anyone here have skills to add working GTN750 to VC, and replace the A500 original GPS?

To Falcon, just in case: your gauges folder is placed where the panel.cfg command lines can find it? If it looks for items not directly in the panel directory.
    Cheers

What a nice surprise from Simon!

Quote Originally Posted by mercure View Post
    To Falcon, just in case: your gauges folder is placed where the panel.cfg command lines can find it? If it looks for items not directly in the panel directory.
    Cheers
    Thanks, however I mentioned my fix in my post above. Everyone has a different way of setting up their addons, both scenery and aircraft. I don't use the "airplanes" folder I have various folders under "SimObjects" to indicate the "Types" of aircraft. The texture.cfg file contained in the livery folder of these airplanes references the "Airplanes" folder as it's location. Mine is different so the textures were not found. As I said above I simply changed the path in the cfg file and everything worked.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Great couple of aircraft, beautifully modeled. Deserves a sticky.

I like them and thank you Simon.

LouP

Members who have read this thread: 0