Didn't Want To Hijack

Thread: Didn't Want To Hijack

Hybrid View

Didn't Want To Hijack

With the FR B-24 Liberator in the works and having and still enjoying the Alphasim/Virtavia B-24 as some of you are, I am considering creating a virtual 461st BG in Italy to fly multiplayer missions. To do a good job is a lot of work so I am kind of posting this as a poll of who might be interested. I have belonged to a few groups in the past and enjoyed the comradeship and mutual interest. If there's enough interest I will start and even test the waters if you will with Alphasim and'or Virtavia B-24Js. I started to do this just for myself about 3/4 done with Torretta AAF today and thought HEY! So let me know.

Flight 1 B24 Liberator

While looking for a FS2004 paintkit for my Alphasim B-24J, I accidentally found Flight1 marketing a B24 Liberator that really looks nice with all kinds of animations, repaints and models. Anyone have this? Is it worth buying until FR's is released?

No obvious takers posting in the thread, just curious if anyone has PM'd you to express interest.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Funny You Should Ask

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    No obvious takers posting in the thread, just curious if anyone has PM'd you to express interest.
    Just got the first reply by PM from someone who I have not talked with before. So yes, 1. I am currently working on A.F. Scrub's B24J which I have an updated VC in and am going to start doing repaints for.

FR B24J Liberator Waiting

In the meantime I downloaded the freeware B24J that was updated for FSX as "Dragon And His Tail" available at a couple of sites onine like AVSIM etc. Last week I created from it a natural metal paintkit to work with the replacement aircrafts of the 461st's four squadrons. The original aircraft were almost entirely OD so I undertook the project of making an OD layer and it worked as you can see. Then started on artwork. I have 12 JYAI B24J's that I will be creating flight plans for out of Wendover AAF where the 461st started training so that I have aircraft on the field as I am training in the Liberator too. I held out a couple of the noseart I created and couldn't decide which one I wanted to fly myself and finally decided. Here are a couple of shots of it finished. All artwork is mine pretty close to the real aircraft as you can see from the enclosed shots. Its very satisfying when it comes out as you wanted as you creators of repaints and scenery know and oh so frustrating when it doesn't LOL. Not looking for any "atta boys" just wanted to share here.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Swee Pea 1.jpg   swee pea 2.jpg   jsmith.jpg   markavitch.jpg  

Fun Flying From Wendover AAF

I updated KENV or should I say backdated it for my purposes. I also completed the flight plan for the 8 JYAI B24J's that I repainted including the noseart. Here are a couple of shots I just took. Getting down to serious training tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Swee Pea and 5.jpg   The Rest Of the 764th.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0