Ki-200 intercepts a B-29

Thread: Ki-200 intercepts a B-29

Ki-200 intercepts a B-29

just a CGI scene "Ki-200 intercepts a B-29": https://youtu.be/c1Pi6cxiLbU

you can enjoy that in CFS3 too however, with the Me 163B add-on also do you remember there was the J8M/Ki-200 in work too? if not, check this two SOH links:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post941976

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post945690

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I love your Me-163 Komet ! A Ki-200 would be a great addition. The PTO would never be the same ! Did they use 20mm or 30mm cannons ? Was it the same size as a Komet ? Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    I thought there was a rough version of a Ki-200 floating about - just a re-skinned Me 163?

For the K-200 (JAAF) I have a green one and a brown one in PTO. For the J8M1 (IJN) I have two different green ones.

The Army ones are set up to use Type="30mmho155II_gun" for the two cannons. The Navy version uses a Type="30mmtype5_gun".

This matches what Francillon lists in his classic reference book (1970).

The example aircraft and blueprints being sent from Germany by submarine were lost in 1944 setting the program back to late to have any effect on the war.

Only 7 of the rocket powered versions were completed during the summer of 1945, though 50-60 gliders were build for pilot training.

The only powered flight ended prematurely during the initial climbout when the engine failed and the pilot, Lieut-Cdr Toyohiko Inuzuka, was killed in the ensuing crash.

Japanese Aircraft of the Pacific War by R.J. Francillon
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I think those may be the ones I uploaded way back when(?). They were based on Dancat's Me-163 model with some tweaking of the FM to make them more Japanese. I thought they were pretty cool for the time but those skins are absolutely horrible. I always meant to go back and redo them but never got around to it. Tried to be as realistic as possible when working on them but they are sure to be out dated by now.

The Imperial Army and Navy were in a fierce rivalry and each wanted to develop their own version of the Me-163 independent of one another, hence the two models of Shusui (Ki-200/J8M1). The later planned J8M2 sacrificed one of it's wing cannons for extra fuel.

I also seem to remember uploading several unarmed glider versions(?).

Also, a towed Shusui for airbase ground traffic was uploaded. This was again based on one of Dancat's models.

@BorekS: I thought your Japanese versions were already completed?

Quote Originally Posted by FOO FIGHTER View Post
    I thought your Japanese versions were already completed?
    this version has never been completed. as the older Komet thread says, such add-on is not a 100% historical based Shusui, however it is not just any Komet repaint. it is a Shusui mockup so to speak, closer to the japan real rocket airplane however, as the interior is made according to the japan panel J8M/Ki-200 including gauges. the external model got the typical Shusui canopy frames and cannons.

there also is no specific flight dynamics and so.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Maybe someone can help you with the flight modeling to bring this to being complete. Would be a great addon. Have the"older" version offered here but didn't know of a Japanese version.Thanks BorekS for the Me-163. One of that year's best addon aircraft IMO.Regards,Scott

@BorekS - If the flight model from my Shusui is of any help, feel free to use/modify it.

Members who have read this thread: 0