HMS Victory - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HMS Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thank you Rob; it is done.

Once we make the final adjustments as discussed today and get that all tested, then I think we will have accomplished something really special.
    I am most appreciative of your efforts.
    See my last Email on the studsails visibility ….
    And Yes, we did something really special on this new Victory model.

Other then the ship itself (compared to the Bounty), solving the MultiPlayer and AI model animation issues was a great challenge ...LoL

Cheers, Rob

Doing one final test on the AI Victory to address cannon doors.

I have converted the AI Bounty replica to use the same visibility and animation tags that we use on the Victory.

This means that both the AI Bounty and AI Victory will:

Stow sails when stopped/docked/mooring;
    Show/stow anchor as required;
    Animate Main sails and yard arms and in-line stays/jibs/spankers to agree with wind direction/flag at least to the +-50 degree port/starboard stops.

I will upload revised/replacement Bounty and Victory model folders for you later today.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I have uploaded the AI package for HMS Victory and HMS Bounty.

For the Victory, I have added studsails that will deploy when conditions are correct (running ahead of the wind, and yard arms +-10 degrees.

If you already have the earlier Bounty version, you may wish to replace it with this newer functional version.
    It deploys/stows anchors and sails appropriately like the Victory.
    The flags and sail yard arms align with the wind.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?t=117429
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have uploaded the AI package for HMS Victory and HMS Bounty.

For the Victory, I have added studsails that will deploy when conditions are correct (running ahead of the wind, and yard arms +-10 degrees.

If you already have the earlier Bounty version, you may wish to replace it with this newer functional version.
    It deploys/stows anchors and sails appropriately like the Victory.
    The flags and sail yard arms align with the wind.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?t=117429

Many thanks, definitely a lot of fun....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Ah, great to see it working for you.

BTW. the looks too large for the Bounty to me. I think I overdid that.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

And for those people who like to use AI ship's more interactively (so not via a flightplan): the AI Victory works perfect with the AI-Carriers addon too.

Actually, quite impressive to make a fleet of 5 ships in formation, and then sail the user ship through it ...LoL

Example formation for the aicarriers.cfg:

[formation.19]
    title=HMSVictory AI Formation
    unit.0=VEH_Water_HMSVictory, 0, 0
    unit.1=VEH_Water_HMSVictory, -200, -300
    unit.2=VEH_Water_HMSVictory, 200, -300
    unit.3=VEH_Water_HMSVictory, -400, -600
    unit.4=VEH_Water_HMSVictory, 400, -600

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AI Formation.jpg  

Thanks Rob; that works great. :-)

BTW, if anyone is really interested in battle formations, I'll gladly give you a version with cannon doors open.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-nov-10-001.jpg   ms-2019-nov-10-003.jpg   ms-2019-nov-10-004.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Rob; that works great. :-)

BTW, if anyone is really interested in battle formations, I'll gladly give you a version with cannon doors open.

That would be excellent..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    That would be excellent..!!!
    Okay, here is a new AI model that allows the cannon doors to open when the sails deploy.

I named it differently so you can set up another package if you like and maintain your current one.
    Just copy the original package and replace the model designation in the sim.cfg.

Or, if you want to simply replace your existing, rename this model to replace the old one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cannons.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; November 9th, 2019 at 18:37.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Okay, here is a new AI model that allows the cannon doors to open when the sails deploy.

I named it differently so you can set up another package if you like and maintain your current one.
    Just copy the original package and replace the model designation in the sim.cfg.

Or, if you want to simply replace your existing, rename this model to replace the old one.
    It just gets better and better....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    It just gets better and better....
    LOL Seems you understand the requirements to get the studsails flying proudly.

Looking good there Seahawk72s.

If you all think this is ready for prime time, I'll do an official release.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

More then good enough for me ….LoL

Cheers, Rob

Thanks Rob.

I would like to include some routes and your AI Carriers set up you posted so that users have a fast way to enjoy the release.

If someone could share a few routes, that would be great.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Thank you for this!

LouP
    Thank you LouP; it was our pleasure.

I have added another AI Carrier cfg entry for "Ships of the Line".

[formation.nn]
    title=HMSVictory AI Formation Single File
    unit.0=VEH_Water_HMSVictory, 0, 600
    unit.1=VEH_Water_HMSVictory, 0, 500
    unit.2=VEH_Water_HMSVictory, 0, 400
    unit.3=VEH_Water_HMSVictory, 0, 300
    unit.4=VEH_Water_HMSVictory, 0, 200
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails soth-lfl.jpg   soth-lrh.jpg   sotl-lr.jpg   sotl-lr ns.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I am sorry Captain but this does not seem to be a fair fight.

Added a few more formations to the AICarrier cfg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bounty Beagle Formation.jpg   ms-2019-nov-12-007.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hello HMS Victory sailors. :-)

I have a question for P3DV4 users who installed the HMS Victory package.

I have a P3DV4 user with a strange and interesting issue. Would like to know if you experienced anything like this.

The Victory works fine for him in v4 but other aircraft lose their flight control surface functions - until he removes the Victory. Then the other aircraft work fine.

Have you seen anything like this?

Thanks in advance.

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hello HMS Victory sailors. :-)

I have a question for P3DV4 users who installed the HMS Victory package.

I have a P3DV4 user with a strange and interesting issue. Would like to know if you experienced anything like this.

The Victory works fine for him in v4 but other aircraft lose their flight control surface functions - until he removes the Victory. Then the other aircraft work fine.

Have you seen anything like this?

Thanks in advance.

That is an odd one. Nothing like that happening here in Win10, P3Dv4.5.

Very strange, does it have to be active?

I installed it in V4.5 when it first came out and have not noticed anything unusual.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    That is an odd one. Nothing like that happening here in Win10, P3Dv4.5.
    Just received an Email from the user and he said he removed the package and reinstalled it properly this time.

All is well after a re-install.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have uploaded the AI package for HMS Victory and HMS Bounty. For the Victory, I have added studsails that will deploy when conditions are correct (running ahead of the wind, and yard arms +-10 degrees. If you already have the earlier Bounty version, you may wish to replace it with this newer functional version. It deploys/stows anchors and sails appropriately like the Victory. The flags and sail yard arms align with the wind. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?t=117429
    Hello, I am using the 'older AI Bounty version' along with the 5 traffic files all found in this pack here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ffic-Files-zip All works fine. Bounty shows with open sails both when stopped and when moving. I tried to replace this 'older' version with this newer version and no luck. New Bounty fails to show in sim. Perhaps the 5 traffic files I'm using are old/outdated ? Why does the 'older' AI Bounty have more contents ? (model.static, model.sails, texture folders, sim cfg, aircraft.cfg, airx file) The 'new' AI Bounty has only 3 things inside. (model.static, texture folders and sim cfg) Also the new version is named 'VEH_Water_HMSBounty' vs the older version which is called 'AI_HMSBounty'. Obviously must be some file reading error or missing file which is causing this, lol ! I do not use AI Carriers - maybe this is solely for AI Carriers users ?
    Last edited by MZee1960; February 21st, 2020 at 18:25.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hello, I am using the 'older AI Bounty version' along with the 5 traffic files all found in this pack here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ffic-Files-zip All works fine. Bounty shows with open sails both when stopped and when moving. I tried to replace this 'older' version with this newer version and no luck. New Bounty fails to show in sim. Perhaps the 5 traffic files I'm using are old/outdated ? Why does the 'older' AI Bounty have more contents ? (model.static, model.sails, texture folders, sim cfg, aircraft.cfg, airx file) The 'new' AI Bounty has only 3 things inside. (model.static, texture folders and sim cfg) Also the new version is named 'VEH_Water_HMSBounty' vs the older version which is called 'AI_HMSBounty'. Obviously must be some file reading error or missing file which is causing this, lol ! I do not use AI Carriers - maybe this is solely for AI Carriers users ?
    MZ, you are correct; that was set up for AI Carriers.

I am attaching a revised package to replace the FSX AI_Bounty one for you.

This marries the new Bounty functional model and textures with the old packaging. I cannot test it here so I depend on you for feedback.

This is named the same as the old AI_Bounty package so protect the original in the sim.

FSX Only.

Look at the new folder, install in sim, test.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

MZ, you are correct; that was set up for AI Carriers.

I am attaching a revised package to replace the FSX AI_Bounty one for you.

This marries the new Bounty functional model and textures with the old packaging. I cannot test it here so I depend on you for feedback.

This is named the same as the old AI_Bounty package so protect the original in the sim.

FSX Only.

Look at the new folder, install in sim, test.

Thanks
    Thank-you ever so much, Milton.

I just installed your new file in my FSX . Tested in Orbx's Catalina Island.

Anchored at Two Harbours. Sails stowed. Anchor down.

Followed her over to Avalon. Sails open. Anchor up.

Anchored at Avalon. Sails stowed. Anchor down.

Probably one of the most relaxing excursions I've ever had in FSX. Just sat back and enjoyed the scenery passing by at 14 knots.

I hate to be a bother, but the AI Victory in the package ....... probably would need the same mod for us non-AI Carrier FSX'ers ?
    Could you please ? No rush, whenever you find time.
    I would like to use both the AI Bounty and Victory in the traffic files provided by @jmbii in his thread linked below.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...n-s-HMS-Bounty

Once again, a big 'Thank-You', Milton for doing this,
    Milan ......
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Milan,

Attached is the requested change.

I no longer have the resources to test this.

You may have to modify your traffic set up for any name change of the folder or model = parameter.

Look it over, compare to what your traffic set up says, and test.

Thanks
    Milton
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milan,

Attached is the requested change.

I no longer have the resources to test this.

You may have to modify your traffic set up for any name change of the folder or model = parameter.

Look it over, compare to what your traffic set up says, and test.

Thanks
    Milton
    Thank-you, Milton.

I will download this and test in one or two days.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Members who have read this thread: 1