HMS Victory - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: HMS Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Milan,

Attached is the requested change.

I no longer have the resources to test this.

You may have to modify your traffic set up for any name change of the folder or model = parameter.

Look it over, compare to what your traffic set up says, and test.

Thanks
    Milton
    Milton,

I have been testing the AI HMS Victory file today. The sim.cfg title (VEH_Water_HMSVictory) works with AICarriers very well.
    However the Aircraft.cfg title (HMS Victory AI Model) does not work for AIBTC (AI boat traffic). The Victory never appears. And it does not work for AICarriers either.
    After fooling around for a couple of hours (because it takes forever to reload P3D in between changes), I've found that the sim.cfg title works for both AICarriers and AIBTC .
    This is with P3Dv3, Win 10-64, and various ORBX sceneries.

???

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Milton,

I have been testing the AI HMS Victory file today. The sim.cfg title (VEH_Water_HMSVictory) works with AICarriers very well.
    However the Aircraft.cfg title (HMS Victory AI Model) does not work for AIBTC (AI boat traffic). The Victory never appears. And it does not work for AICarriers either.
    After fooling around for a couple of hours (because it takes forever to reload P3D in between changes), I've found that the sim.cfg title works for both AICarriers and AIBTC .
    This is with P3Dv3, Win 10-64, and various ORBX sceneries.

???

Joe
    Thanks Joe. After Milan (MZ) tests it, if you guys want to repackage this the way it should be, I am okay with that. Release it and share is fine with me. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Today, I copy/pasted the AI HMS Victory folder (from post #124 in this thread) inside the FSX Boats folder, I re-named the folder from ' AI_HMSVictory ' to ' VEH_Water_HMSVictory '. I put the 'Bounty-Victory traffic file' from post #93 in this thread : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...S-Bounty/page4 inside the FSX Scenery/World/Scenery folder. Set up a flight from KACK to KBID at FL010 (1000 ft.). Flew around both islands as well. No sign of either ship anywhere. Seemed like I was looking for Flight 19 there for a while.

Perhaps I shouldn't have re-named the AI Victory folder ? Thought I'd try this as sim.cfg title for AI Victory is the same.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Milan,

It doesn't matter what the folder is named as long as the sim.cfg title is VEH_Water_HMSVictory.
    And use this attached traffic file. It's v2.

Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

Milan,

It doesn't matter what the folder is named as long as the sim.cfg title is VEH_Water_HMSVictory.

Joe
    Thank-you, Joe.

I will download and try this one, hopefully within the next day or two.

Currently trying to sort out the OZx Goose HD Redux V1.2. Never flew the default goose much. This one, however seems much better overall, so opted to try it out. Can't have too many floatplanes IMHO, lol !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

I found them ! Near Block Island harbour, anchored at first, then a short time later started en route to Nantucket ........

Thanks, Joe ! Your V2 traffic file worked well. Next, I'll tackle the Pearl and it's AI routes at Catalina and Pago Pago.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Milan,

Joe
    Hi Joe,

I have Milton's revised AI HMS Bounty and AI HMS Victory from posts #122 and 124 in this thread :
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Victory/page6

I am using the Catalina traffic file for AI Bounty found in post #121 (same thread) and Bounty works great.

I am using the Block Island-Nantucket v2 traffic file found in post #129 (same thread) and both ships work great.

I also have the Black Pearl texture pack for FSX from here :
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=114&id=25065

Do I need a sim.cfg for the Pearl also after I put the Pearl texture and [flightsim.xx] entry in the AI HMS Bounty folder ?
    I can see an aircraft.cfg file (do I need it for my setup without AI Carriers ?), but can't see sim.cfg for the Pearl.

For now, I am only concentrating on your Catalina Island AI route for the Pearl.

Thank-you,
    Milan ...
    Cheers, MZee ...

Milan,

The below is my entry in the 'AI HMSBounty' aircraft.cfg file.

[fltsim.1]
    title=Black Pearl AI with Sails
    sim=hmsbountyAI
    model=sails
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=black_pearl
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=C6-ZZZ
    atc_id_color = 0xffffffff
    atc_parking_types = Water
    atc_parking_code =
    ui_manufacturer=HMS
    ui_type="aiBlack Pearl"
    ui_variation="Pearl"
    description="Static or AI model of the late Bounty as seen in 'Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)' - Paint by Joe Bowers. Model by M. Shupe, Nigel Richards, Sasha Rieger, Rob Barendregt"
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_airline=Argh
    atc_flight_number=0004

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And below is my entry in the 'AI HMSBounty' sim.cfg file.

[fltsim.1]
    model=sails
    texture=black_pearl

And attached is the Black Pearl Catalina file.
    I hope this helps

Cheers,

Joe

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jmbiii; March 6th, 2020 at 12:40. Reason: Added .zip file

Milan,

The below is my entry in the 'AI HMSBounty' aircraft.cfg file.

[fltsim.1]
    sim=hmsbountyAI
    model=sails
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=black_pearl
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=C6-ZZZ
    atc_parking_code =
    ui_manufacturer=HMS
    ui_type="aiBlack Pearl"
    ui_variation="Pearl"
    description="Static or AI model of the late Bounty as seen in 'Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)' - Paint by Joe Bowers. Model by M. Shupe, Nigel Richards, Sasha Rieger, Rob Barendregt"
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_airline=Argh
    atc_flight_number=0004

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And below is my entry in the 'AI HMSBounty' sim.cfg file.

[fltsim.1]
    model=sails
    texture=black_pearl

And attached is the Black Pearl Catalina file.
    I hope this helps

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Today, I tried to install exactly as per your instructions here. No Pearl visible, Bounty visible OK - at Catalina.

I suspect something not aligned regarding the nomenclature of the Pearl ?

My file folder from the Pearl texture download is named texture.AI_black_pearl and the enclosed instructions have the aircraft.cfg entry as :

[fltsim.x]
    title=Black Pearl with Sails
    sim=hmsbountyAI
    model=sails
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=AI_black_pearl
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=N700MS
    atc_parking_code =
    ui_manufacturer=HMS
    ui_type="aiBlack Pearl"
    ui_variation="Sails"

There is no sim.cfg in the Pearl repaint download.

I used the sim.cfg and aircraft.cfg as you provided here (in blue) with the texture folder named texture.AI_black_pearl and your Catalina traffic file from just above.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Milan,

If the below fltsim section is an exact copy of what you have in the aircraft.cfg, the very first line should be : [fltsim.1]

The only other thing to try is renaming the texture file to just: black_pearl and change the name in the fltsim entry also.

I'm running out of ideas.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi Joe,

Today, I tried to install exactly as per your instructions here. No Pearl visible, Bounty visible OK - at Catalina.

I suspect something not aligned regarding the nomenclature of the Pearl ?

My file folder from the Pearl texture download is named texture.AI_black_pearl and the enclosed instructions have the aircraft.cfg entry as :

[fltsim.x]
    title=Black Pearl with Sails
    sim=hmsbountyAI
    model=sails
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=AI_black_pearl
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=N700MS
    atc_parking_code =
    ui_manufacturer=HMS
    ui_type="aiBlack Pearl"
    ui_variation="Sails"

There is no sim.cfg in the Pearl repaint download.

I used the sim.cfg and aircraft.cfg as you provided here (in blue) with the texture folder named texture.AI_black_pearl and your Catalina traffic file from just above.

The pearl is hard to spot when she's at anchor, hiding in the west side coves.

Last edited by jmbiii; March 8th, 2020 at 06:58.

The pearl is hard to spot when she's at anchor, hiding in the west side coves.

Hi Joe,

I did a low level fly-around Catalina and actually landed and taxied around the west side coves ....... no Pearl located.

I remember @aardvark62 had a 'similar' problem wrt the Pago Pago Black Pearl not showing up in sim in this thread :
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...S-Bounty/page3

It was resolved around post #63. I'm just wondering if the traffic.bgl file is looking for a specific 'texture name' to display in sim ?

I have two Catalina.bgl traffic files. One dated Feb.28th (which I've been trying all along), the other is dated Feb.27th. Maybe it's the same file, but nonetheless I'll try this one now - worth a try, anyway.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi Joe,

I did a low level fly-around Catalina and actually landed and taxied around the west side coves ....... no Pearl located.

I remember @aardvark62 had a 'similar' problem wrt the Pago Pago Black Pearl not showing up in sim in this thread :
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...S-Bounty/page3

It was resolved around post #63. I'm just wondering if the traffic.bgl file is looking for a specific 'texture name' to display in sim ?

I have two Catalina.bgl traffic files. One dated Feb.28th (which I've been trying all along), the other is dated Feb.27th. Maybe it's the same file, but nonetheless I'll try this one now - worth a try, anyway.
    This didn't work, either.

I have Milton's modified HMS Bounty/Victory models with the sail/anchor animations (as per my post #132 above) and have tried many combinations/permutations of texture folder nomenclature with sim.cfg and aircraft.cfg variations. Somehow I managed to get both the Bounty and Victory to work with your traffic files over at Nantucket-Block Island region, but the Pearl paint I have never seen in sim (tried Catalina only so far) - a real shame, but I think I have to give myself a break from further attempts right now.

Thank-you, for all your support, Joe, in trying to make this work.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Members who have read this thread: 1