HMS Victory - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HMS Victory

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    @Seahawk, kl791,

Are you using the AI model, as made available in post #66 ??

Because the sails/anchor animation of the Rel. 1.0 SP/MP model won't work in AI, because there is no "user" control.

In the AI model, the anchor/sails are controlled by actual groundspeed; so if it's moving (either spawned with AI or with AIcarriers) the sails are deployed and anchor is weighed.
    That is: that was the idea ...LoL

But I will check the AI model myself (as linked in post #66).

Rob

PS: just checked the AI model, as available in post #66.
    And there is something wrong in the build of this model.
    I will contact Milton about this ...
    it was that model, yes - hope you can solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    it was that model, yes - hope you can solve it.
    Rest assured that we (Milton and I) will .....LoL

Rob

Problems are being resolved...

EDIT Revised model available for testing.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; November 3rd, 2019 at 09:42.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Attached is the revised AI Model folder; not the complete package.

Thanks for testing it in advance. Seems to work fine here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Attached is the revised AI Model folder; not the complete package.

Thanks for testing it in advance. Seems to work fine here.
    Perfect! That worked - sails dropped and the anchor went up at the minute, when the ship started it's trip... Now that small French frigate doesn't stand a chance... Still a more visible wake would be good. And then I would like to learn the trick... The tall ships in the Global AI Ship Traffic could all benefit from this.

Perfect! That worked - sails dropped and the anchor went up at the minute, when the ship started it's trip... Now that small French frigate doesn't stand a chance... Still a more visible wake would be good. And then I would like to learn the trick... The tall ships in the Global AI Ship Traffic could all benefit from this.

That's a start; thank you. I see the stays, jibs, and spanker are not showing based on wind direction.

I will fix that.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Okay, thank you for that test.

Here we have the corrected AI model that fixes that center-line missing sails issue.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Regarding effects, the AI is using the same effect as the regular version which appears correct here in FSXA.

[Effects]
    wake = fx_wake_ss

Yours may appear differently if P3D or if you changed the speed of the ship n the cfg:

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph = 15

There are other options for fx_wake sizes, and for bow wakes but the SDK only shows one type of wake= parameter.

I suppose a bow and regular stern wake effect could be combined for a new bow and stern wake effect to use with the wake= cfg parameter.

IRL, the Victory could achieve 11 knots, the Bounty only 6 knots so not much of either wake was evident compared to larger vessels.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Regarding effects, the AI is using the same effect as the regular version which appears correct here in FSXA.

[Effects]
    wake = fx_wake_ss

Yours may appear differently if P3D or if you changed the speed of the ship n the cfg:

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph = 15

There are other options for fx_wake sizes, and for bow wakes but the SDK only shows one type of wake= parameter.

I suppose a bow and regular stern wake effect could be combined for a new bow and stern wake effect to use with the wake= cfg parameter.

IRL, the Victory could achieve 11 knots, the Bounty only 6 knots so not much of either wake was evident compared to larger vessels.
    The ship has been set on a route doing 9 knots... 15 and even 9 is a bit exaggerated... Anyway, I can easily create a nested wake with bow spray and wake, but it won't be until tomorrow.

Okay, thank you for that test.

Here we have the corrected AI model that fixes that center-line missing sails issue.

Thanks, I have all sails set when under way.

As to the wake effects:

There are many variants of the default fx_wake_**.fx files.
    Not sure which one works best for the Victory.
    And if it's depending on the "water effects" setting in FSX/P3D, or not.

What I do know, that the visibibilty of any wake effect is depending on the actual speed of the user/AI ship.
    Which must be a fixed setting in FSX/P3D, because there is no parameter in an .fx file to set visibility in relation to speed.

As to AI speed:
    Not sure how the setting of

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph = 15

in a sim.cfg affects the actual speed set in an AI "flightplan".
    First, because the name says "_mph" .... Is that in Nautical of Statue Miles ???

Secondly (when using AI Carriers to launch an AI ship): the value of max_speed_mph is misleading.
    With AI Carriers, the specified value will propell the ship forward to HALF that value in Knots.
    So 15, means that the ship (or any object launched) will move at 7.5 Knots when commanded Forward.

Rob

Hi Rob,
    Once operating on an AI-route the speed is determined in the traffic_boats.txt which is used to create the traffic.bgl. The max speed in the sim.cfg is just an upper limit.
    Henrik

Hello Henrik,

I would like to test the AI version of new HMS Victory.
    You provided 2 test traffic files in posting #74.
    What is the time I can see the ship?

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    Hello Henrik,

I would like to test the AI version of new HMS Victory.
    You provided 2 test traffic files in posting #74.
    What is the time I can see the ship?

Dieter
    You will see it 24 hours a day. It is a short test route repeating every 2 hours.

Thanks, will try!
    Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

I see the "Victory" in all her beauty. Sails are taken down during anchoring, sails are set when sailing.
    I don't see the wake. fx_wake_ss.fx is in \effects folder.
    ?
    Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    I see the "Victory" in all her beauty. Sails are taken down during anchoring, sails are set when sailing.
    I don't see the wake. fx_wake_ss.fx is in \effects folder.
    ?
    Dieter
    Dieter, I run FSXA and that effect appears to be a default as it carries the same date as the other original effects.

I attach it here. But, open your Effects/textures folder to see if these two default textures are there as well:
    fx_wake_1.bmp
    fx_wake_2.bmp

Could be you are missing the fx or the textures.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I as well have FSXA.

With the correct fx_wake_ss.fxfile and both bmp files in the texture folder.

Aircraft wake Ok but no AI wake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I as well have FSXA.

With the correct fx_wake_ss.fxfile and both bmp files in the texture folder.

Aircraft wake Ok but no AI wake.
    That's interesting Seahawk72s. The setup for the AI Bounty and the Victory is identical. I show a nice Wake for the AI Bounty.
    The sim.cfg's for both are identical except for the title and model name.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

That's interesting Seahawk72s. The setup for the AI Bounty and the Victory is identical. I show a nice Wake for the AI Bounty.
    The sim.cfg's for both are identical except for the title and model name.
    Good morning Just tested - the fx_wake_ss is simply too small to be seen when used as AI - it is hidden under the HMS Victory - I think the better thing is to change to fx_wake_m or even l as seen on the below test shots

fx_wake_l

fx_wake_m

fx_wake_s

I changed to "fx_wake_l" and it's ok now - wake visible.
    Greetings
    Dieter

Good morning Just tested - the fx_wake_ss is simply too small to be seen when used as AI - it is hidden under the HMS Victory - I think the better thing is to change to fx_wake_m or even l as seen on the below test shots

fx_wake_l

fx_wake_m

fx_wake_s

Nice catch, I am good to go as well...

Thanks Henrik; well done.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Another note on the Victory AI model (sim.cfg):

@Milton,

For AI usage of the AI-Victory model with the AI-Carriers addon, you better set in the sim.cfg:

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph = 20 // instead of 15.

For the FSX AI "flightplans" this makes no difference (since the speed is determined by the flightplan), but when a ship is spawned with AI-Carriers, this addon (when you command the ship "Forward") sets the end speed to Half the value of "
    max_speed_mph = "
    So with AI-Carriers, the Victory will sail with 10 Knots.

And using fx_wake_l in the sim.cfg, works for me too when using AI-Carriers ...

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Another note on the Victory AI model (sim.cfg):

@Milton,

For AI usage of the AI-Victory model with the AI-Carriers addon, you better set in the sim.cfg:

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph = 20 // instead of 15.

For the FSX AI "flightplans" this makes no difference (since the speed is determined by the flightplan), but when a ship is spawned with AI-Carriers, this addon (when you command the ship "Forward") sets the end speed to Half the value of "
    max_speed_mph = "
    So with AI-Carriers, the Victory will sail with 10 Knots.

And using fx_wake_l in the sim.cfg, works for me too when using AI-Carriers ...

Rob
    Thank you Rob; it is done.

Once we make the final adjustments as discussed today and get that all tested, then I think we will have accomplished something really special.
    I am most appreciative of your efforts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 1