Really Enjoying CFS3

Thread: Really Enjoying CFS3

SOH-CM-2020

Really Enjoying CFS3

Have been busy installing Bf109Fs, MkVbs, all the recent SJ series aircraft of course, and testing a Channel Front 1941 campaign for ETO. It occurred to me how much I'm enjoying the old sim at the moment. It really helps that all my installs a running, pretty much, a few crashes/freezes but nothing unusual.

The d3d shaders look great, the new aircraft are gorgeous and challenge me to try and fly them properly, there is a vast array of vehicles and a pretty good variety of ships around, and my spawns are working (mostly).

So life is good! Shame about the low activity on the forum though. And when I think about it, getting CFS3 to the state that I have my installs must be a daunting prospect to someone new to the sim, with all its quirks and foibles.

Its one of the reasons I made up a basic stock upgrade. It at least allows one install to keep working, whilst other installs are created and fiddled with . . .

Happy flying everybody. Thanks to all those working on new goodies all the time, to a small (but hopefully appreciative) audience.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    You are right in that CFS3 still has a lot to offer ,(compared to what it available out there). Have no issues with any of my installs for the moment and enjoy flying every day.There is a lot to take in for newcomers but we are here to help.Windows 10 doesn't help matters but we have those with few problems or none at all.Really enjoying all the new stuff and look forward to more coming our way.My other favorite sim ,IL-2 '46 is no different when it comes to being a little complicated but ,in time,is not too hard to master. It was tougher for me to get CFS2 up and going the way i wanted it than CFS3 was. We are lucky to have such talented people doing all this work for us and i'm very thankful. CFS3 is still a great simulator and will hopefully be around for years to come. Thanks to all for the time and work put in for us for our enjoyment. Cheers,Scott

CFS3 still has a lot to offer as it is imho by far the best combat sim around. The shaders, the new planes: these enhance the sim enormously! Thanks to all the developers!

Cees

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Love all the new aircraft effects,new installs... done for us lately. Can't wait for the new Spitfires coming our way. Times are great in the hood !
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; September 14th, 2019 at 11:31.

Members who have read this thread: 0