Flight Replicas C-54/DC-4....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight Replicas C-54/DC-4....

Flight Replicas C-54/DC-4....

Every time I load up the Flight Replicas DC-4/C-54, it NEVER fails to amaze me how wonderful this airplane is. I own PMDG's DC-6 and love it...but the balance inherent in the FR DC-4/C-54 makes this airplane a steal for the price. I will absolutely purchase the Liberator when that becomes available. I was particularly pleased to hear that there will be a -D model, as I like the PB4Y-1s.

Keep up the GREAT work, Flight Replicas!

Kent

I agree completely! And fun to paint too...

58-02

jk6304

jk6463

jk0636

jk0693
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Got to love the FR DC-4/C-54!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I'm also a fan.

I'd also pay for an upgrade to PBR textures and full VR compatibility... in case the developers are listening!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Icon14

Yes, I fully agree! The FR DC-4 is one of my favorites as well

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Modern cockpit?

Is there a modern cockpit available?

Sorry to bring up very old thread but I am wondering if Flight Replicas has support forum or support website?? I seem not to be able to find any and there is no support forum in Flight Replicas website.

Wouldlike to know where the support forum or support website is before I start installing Flight Replicas DC-4 into my system, please

Also, do all liveries displayed on this thread work with FSX, please?

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Sorry to bring up very old thread but I am wondering if Flight Replicas has support forum or support website?? I seem not to be able to find any and there is no support forum in Flight Replicas website.

Wouldlike to know where the support forum or support website is before I start installing Flight Replicas DC-4 into my system, please

Regards,

Aharon
    Aharon, go to the FR site and click on 'Contact'.
    Check the library here under 'Jankees' Civil Aircraft (or similar) repaints, you should get any answers you need.
    Can't say what works in FSX, I deleted it from my system a long time ago, I can say that my FR selection has worked in almost all P3D variations.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Regards,

Aharon
    They will work with FSX however there will be no thumbnails, if you go to avsim.com and global search of flight replicas you will find the dozen from me and Jankees and plus many more for the DC4 and military packages

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Aharon, go to the FR site and click on 'Contact'.Check the library here under 'Jankees' Civil Aircraft (or similar) repaints, you should get any answers you need.
    Thanks I already know about amazing DC-4 repaints by world famoys Jankees but I find it strange there is no support forum or no FAQ database for any Flight Replicas customers to read about past problems and solutions to correct problems.

It is NOT worth to bother Flight Replicas with contact message sent to them to ask if their Carvair cargo plane has loading tray in front of their operable front nose cargo door for cars to go up into the plane

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    They will work with FSX however there will be no thumbnails, if you go to avsim.com and global search of flight replicas you will find the dozen from me and Jankees and plus many more for the DC4 and military packages
    Yeahhh I already did that and am pleased to see Jankees repaints working in my FSX. Since you mention that you have dozens of repaints for FR DC-4, what is your full Avsim screen name please so that I can use your screenname as search keyword in search field for Avsim library.

Thanks to both of you for kindness

Regards,

Aharon

Aaron - the reason there is no FAQ or Forum for Problems is Flight Replicas products are probably 99.99% trouble free. Either in FSX or now P3DV5 I have never had any problems with installation or functioning of these products. There is always a manual for them as well. FR is a rarity - well made well thought out design and high quality work. I have at least 8 FR products and it has been the same for all - they install easily, they work properly and support has never been required. That said I am sure FR would be able to assist if and when!

Bendyflyer,

Yes but all I want is to look up or ask simple question on whether operable front nose cargo door of Carvair has loading ramp for cars to enter into the plane cargo space or not

Regards,

Aharon

Aaron - No the Carvair oes not have that feature the doors open but there is no loader that puts cars etc in, GSX might do that, it is a rare feature in sim models, lots show the cargo in or out but to have loading cargo you need an additonal model that does that and is part of the model files as well (like the generator starter unit some models have). The only model I know was The FSAddons Bristol Freighter had that feature but they have now shut down not sure if you can still buy it anywhere. Hope that helps you! Erwin Wenkler did a conversion on an older FSX model once that somehow did that but it was not adaptable to any other freighter. Capt Sim has a loader and pallets for the freighter versions of its aircraft again it is a special addon that goes with those models. Capt Sim however has nothing like that for P3DV5 and certainly not the older models like the 707 or 727 o4 737 (yet).

The FR C-54/DC-4 works fine in P3DV5.

Cannot help you more no PC at the moment. Waiting for parts - electrical!

Bendyflyer,

Thanks for answer. It is shame that Carvair does not have loader. I remember freeware or payware C-5 Galaxy having that loader so I wonder if Carvair would have loader. Strange that Carvair has separate passenger stair loader but not cargo ramp loader

BTW, I am asking FSX question. I was not aware that I am in P3D subforum.

Regards,

Aharon

Aaron - i think you will find that the developer (Mike Cyul) ran out of polygons to do any more than he achieved hence nothing extra.

Aaron - still in the shade on FSX I see. P3DV5 is where the sim should have been - yes probably MSFS2020 has better graphics and or scenery visuals, but some days I cannot honestly tell the difference. The difference is that P3D has a good choice of models and addons for it whereas the SDK is still a WIP at MS and hence it is going to be years before everybody catches up in that area. Have a look at some of the screenshots for P3DV5 in this forum and you will see what I mean. Oh and reliable smooth as silk, no CTD's and the speed at which it does stuff is amazing - caveat you really have to have a PC with the specs recommended. FSX again? Never!

I had so much money and time with FSX, I hated to switch. I finally had enough of the OOM errors and took the plunge into P3DV5 and haven't looked back. Same interface, didn't have to relearn anything and a lot of my payware addons worked in P3D.

Wacopolumbo - ditto on that. I had to reinstall FSX the other day on the old PC to do some of my custom scenery work. I cannot believe I tolerated FSX for so long, in fact it is terrible really running a 32 bit program on a 64 bit system (the cause of all its problems actually). All up I am only missing a few aircraft in P3D but really I have covered the old piston engine era pretty well so that is fine. DX12 and the Nvidia partnership plus TrueSky is transformative - even and old textured 2004-FSX model can look amazing in P3D in a way it never did in FSX. Best thing most of the aircraft work fine in P3D (gauge issues excepted) because of the ESP or Sim Engine that is at the guts of it and for the life of me I cannot understand why MS and the 2020 people decided to start afresh here - because that is the problem with that sim - they are trying to reinvent the wheel. The FSX - P3D sim engine is pretty accurate, the SDK is good and I am sure over time LM will tidy up some of the glitches (Turboprop v Turbine v Piston) but the aerodynamics is fine! In fact it is some damn clever programming that has stood the test of time and not to mention thousands upon thousands of developers and builders who have worked with it.

I just gave up last year when a fresh install of FSX-SE would load as far as the UI and after selecting a flight just sat there doing SFA!
    The extra bonus was the fact that ORBX simply ignored it and only took notice of P3D.
    Good enough for me.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Well I am very happy with FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2.

Anyway, can we focus on subject of Flight Replicas DC-4 package please? I am afraid we are threading away from that subject into other subject of debate to see which f
    light sim platform is better.

I have question please Is it correct that top speed of Carvair is 160 kts??? I thought the cruising speed should be 190 kts and maximum speed is 220 kts yet Flight Replicas Carvair cannot go above 160 kts at full trottle power.

Granted enough I am not familiar with operations of my new Carvair and there is possiility I might be doing something wrong. Am I?

Regards,

Aharon

Thanks I already know about amazing DC-4 repaints by world famoys Jankees but I find it strange there is no support forum or no FAQ database for any Flight Replicas customers to read about past problems and solutions to correct problems.

It is NOT worth to bother Flight Replicas with contact message sent to them to ask if their Carvair cargo plane has loading tray in front of their operable front nose cargo door for cars to go up into the plane

Yeahhh I already did that and am pleased to see Jankees repaints working in my FSX. Since you mention that you have dozens of repaints for FR DC-4, what is your full Avsim screen name please so that I can use your screenname as search keyword in search field for Avsim library.

Thanks to both of you for kindness

Regards,

Aharon
    you are 100% correct, I checked and it appears i never uploaded them to avsim once OZX went down, however someone from flightsim.com was uploading my files there when i uploaded to ozx just before it was hacked to death and captured the Flight replica paints and some others I forgot about. The other several that arent there are on a HD somewhere which i doubt i will have the energy to upload

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...369608&page=26 has some of the FR DC paints from there onwards and maybe one or 2 earlier in the pages

Save the skymaster

Found a "Save the Skymaster" link

https://www.milairpix.com/cgi-bin/yabbnew/YaBB.pl?num=1492110122

\

Has anyone done a paint of this one or will do one?

Not seen that MATS Atlantic Division C-54 before Grey Eagle. Very nice job they have done there indeed. Like the artwork on the nose section the emblematic bird over the globe - the line up of flags looks very tricky to do. The light grey undertone to the belly section seems a little navy. Never managed a ride in the C-54, C-47 yeah (flew one) DC-6 a few times. Always admired them from afar. Ernest K Gann gives them a good wrap too in Fate is the Hunter. Yes the 4 some aeroplane better than the 3 or 47 I think.

GreyEagle - found that exact paint but alas it was for the JBK DC-4 not the Flight Replicas DC-4. Might have a go at it myself but it will be a WIP as I have no PC to run P3D for the time being and would be checking it out in FSX (things you do when your desperate - reinstall FSX on an old PC!)

So have they not polished the fuselage top (it looks grey to me) or is it the light do you think. The gold striping and edging will be a pain as well. Gold metallic look as bad as the aluminium to do!

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    GreyEagle - found that exact paint but alas it was for the JBK DC-4 not the Flight Replicas DC-4. Might have a go at it myself but it will be a WIP as I have no PC to run P3D for the time being and would be checking it out in FSX (things you do when your desperate - reinstall FSX on an old PC!)

So have they not polished the fuselage top (it looks grey to me) or is it the light do you think. The gold striping and edging will be a pain as well. Gold metallic look as bad as the aluminium to do!
    If you can give that a go that would be just ducky......

As a young Navy brat in the '50's, I flew on the R6D with my Folks from states to Naples It. That was a long cold ride.

I'll have to check out the JBK DC-4 in that livery to see what that looks like.

Edit: Is this the one you mentioned?

Members who have read this thread: 1