Sim Works Studios Carriers ?

Thread: Sim Works Studios Carriers ?

Sim Works Studios Carriers ?

Does anyone have SWS carriers, Midway Battlegroup, or the Nimitz ?, considering a purchase but would like to know what folks thought of them first.

The SWS carriers have been out for some time now, and are generally well received. There has been much discussion of the SWS products in this forum, try searching on Simworks to review existing comments.

They are nice carriers. If the price makes you hesitate they are on sale this weekend at PC Aviator.
    The tech support is good and they continue to update them.

But be aware that the Nimitz is only for Prepar3D v4+. The F-4B and Midway include installers for both FSX and P3D.

Over all, It is a nice carrier program with module that facilitate fleet corpen maneuvers with task force supplied.
    I do have one issue that's still unresolved; upon exiting P3D V3, three access denied popups will occur and each popup
    requires to be closed. It is a dll file in the modules that I've had to rename so as to temp eliminate the issue.

SWS web claims they have a fix for this but not so, at least for me in P3D V3.
    I've been in contact with Alex via phone and email. Last time I heard from him (June) they were
    trying to mitigate the issue. I'm still waiting.......

This is message when exiting P3d V3:

You're not the only one, I still get the 3 popups in P3dv4 as well. Nice models and features but I'm not buying anything else from then until this issue is resolved.

Me three, I get those popup's also. It is a bit odd they have this bug but now that I know the product that is producing them I am less worried. It seams a pretty harmless sort of thing.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Just received email from Alex (SWS) stating that the problem has been solved and that they will be rolling out an update in next few days.

Members who have read this thread: 0