Wake Turbulence and CFD

Thread: Wake Turbulence and CFD

Wake Turbulence and CFD

I know this is DCS, but it was so cool I know that many of will will enjoy it for the subject matter!

https://youtu.be/82Q3kd4v3bw
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

That is fantastic!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I tend to haunt bush strips and/or float planes in the way out places.....rarely the opportunity to encounter any kind of wake turbulence. Cubs and Beavers don't really tear up the air much.

And opposed to real world....I have encountered no lee-side vortexes formed by mountains & ridges in FSX.

But I remember being spun over and slammed to the ground following a 747 into an airport driving a light plane of some sort....in FS9. I was running a freeware program of some sort that would generate all sorts of air movement, including wake vortex that could be scaled. Certainly after collecting a whole assortment of approach lights while inverted, I turned down the scalars.....

Anybody remember what the program was? Was there ever an FSX version?

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Anybody remember what the program was? Was there ever an FSX version?
    Google says it's one of those Active Sky products.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Google says it's one of those Active Sky products.
    What I remember was a freeware program.

However, thanks for the point about Active Sky. I'll poke around there and see what turns up.

No big need or priority. But it'd be neat to climb over a desert pass in a Cessna 120/140 using a midday slope generated updraft.

Thank You

Appreciate this though I do not fly a glider, it will be great to add for even more realism in FSX(A) for small GA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Ridge lift and all? That'd (maybe) be Cumulus X.

http://luerkens.homepage.t-online.de/peter/
    Thanks Bjoern. Went there and DLed the program. I'll have to wait for the weekend to explore it, but the description look promising.

Members who have read this thread: 1