FSCAI Third Edition is released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FSCAI Third Edition is released!

Great watch, both the MAIW SBAI Su-27 and Mig-29 are converted for the best framerates. Also the JAI F-5 is done for your "Mig-28". I was wondering how aggressive the "airliner AI" wingman would be in this engagement.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Great watch, both the MAIW SBAI Su-27 and Mig-29 are converted for the best framerates. Also the JAI F-5 is done for your "Mig-28". I was wondering how aggressive the "airliner AI" wingman would be in this engagement.
    The answer is "not aggressive enough" for my tastes and we'll be looking at why and fixing it. We've spent quite a bit of time lately optimizing the close-in guns-only engagements for props and they are now ferociously aggressive, so much so they had to be toned down some. Next up is to do the same for missile equipped jets once we complete some adjustments to the AI's defensive move toolkit.

Dutch

The answer is "not aggressive enough" for my tastes and we'll be looking at why and fixing it.
    Well... there was not something wrong with FSCAI. But with the AI I was using. Changed AI in use (FSX@War Mig23 with altered
    files) and... Epic ! Just Epic !

Highlights of a 15 minutes Aerial engagement, resulting in 1.) I took gun hits (40 damage - not critical), 2.) I shot down one AI Mig
    and before shoot down the second at sea deck, I run out of fuel (due to afterburner use) and went for swimming...

My Military Flight Videos :

And the Tacview analysis, in 4x speed of the fight of video above :

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    Well... there was not something wrong with FSCAI. But with the AI I was using. Changed AI in use (FSX@War Mig23 with altered
    files) and... Epic ! Just Epic !

Highlights of a 15 minutes Aerial engagement, resulting in 1.) I took gun hits (40 damage - not critical), 2.) I shot down one AI Mig
    and before shoot down the second at sea deck, I run out of fuel (due to afterburner use) and went for swimming...
    Great! Glad to hear it was flaws in the AI airplane and not FSCAI. I'd still like to know what flaws triggered the poor performance but that's not critical.

Yes, there are now some epic dogfights available with FSCAI opponents in single player for anyone at any skill level.

Dutch

Using FSCAI in FSX Mission system, for achieving the combat simulation.
    Mission's script, regarding combat flying functionality, provides warning voice overs :

- RIO reports for enemy AIs at 3, 9 & 12 o'clock
    - RIO reports "Break !..." in head on (for avoiding head ons also...) & if enemy AI or missile at "Six"
    - "FOX 2" when friendly AI or user fires IR missiles.
    - "Good Kill !..." when friendly AI or user, destroy enemy AIs
    - "G-breathing" avtivation over 5 G's. For loosing stick thus preventing Tacpack g-locks (they add to the immersion &
    tactical flying).
    - Carrier landing procedure, with checks for gear down, arresting hook, flaps down, landing speed.

FSX Mission

Is this a mission that you can upload and others can download and use?

This works only in FSX (No P3D any version). If you have FSX installed and you can
    fly it, I'll certainly send you a link to download.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    This works only in FSX (No P3D any version). If you have FSX installed and you can
    fly it, I'll certainly send you a link to download.
    I'll drop you a PM sometime this week.

R

That was fun to watch. I didn't know when I switched to P3D most if not all of my FSX missions didn't work unless they are converted to the P3D format. I can hear the FSX audio, one good thing for the RIO and used IRL was calling the rate of descent in the visual (Case I) carrier landing pattern. I need to test this in P3D more.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Ok guys. I'll convert the mission for P3D also and Victory I'll test if I can
    add descent rate also. Expect flying it at weekend.

Using the "top model" of mil. aviation, F-14D Tomcat (by Dino Cattaneo)
    and as mission's background the gulf of Sidra incident of late 80's, this is
    a carrier operations "the real thing" mission thank's to FSCAI program,
    from carrier's deck until back to carrier for landing and a true Air to Air Combat
    against AI Mig23s... Best experience with Tacpack, otherwise FSCAI provides for
    use the same weapons that AIs use.
    Corresponds to my F-14 above posts video.

I have created this mission, as a demo of FSCAI's potential in military
    - combat simulation in FS, but also as an experiment of how well FS
    can deliver a similar experience to native combat sims, now that FSCAI's
    evolvement has reached it's current state of abilities (still in early stage of development).

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Uploaded at SOH library, but here
    is also another link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zQ...a7UiRifx5u4UI6

Conversion to P3D, probably tommorow.

P3D version : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iGn...UfYGWJ2DL/view

If problems encountered, please send me the generated mission Log in P3D.

Members who have read this thread: 2