Gary's Angle Deck Essex Carriers

Thread: Gary's Angle Deck Essex Carriers

Gary's Angle Deck Essex Carriers

Wondering if this ever progressed further?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hlight=hancock

Kind of Like this?

Last edited by expat; August 30th, 2019 at 05:46.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

She’s making steady progress and I’ve had a few flights and traps from the deck

Model and most of the animations are done. Night lighting and an air wing I need to work on next.

Been distracted over the summer with holidays, a new job, and trying my hand at scenery design knocking up devonport dockyard for a submarine and frigate project for myself.

Blog Entries
    Great thread and great update, Gary!! It's going to be raining Essex carriers between what you and Klaus have on the go!

I love that the huge gap in the USN CVs of the 50s and (depending on your choice of air wing) early 60s is being so awesomely addressed.

Many thanks in advance.

dl

She’s making steady progress and I’ve had a few flights and traps from the deck
    Great news Gary - thanks for updating all your fans here!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Geez, but that is just beautiful!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

With Klaus's straight deck Essex class carriers out (and other classes of historic carriers coming along) thought I would check in again on this one. If time is a limiting factor, maybe permission Klaus to give the model the finishing touches? This is now the big missing piece in the puzzle!

Cheers!

expat

Not my thought. I think Gary will do his best to finish these wonderfull work. And noone can do that better then the one who started these wonderful work. So let him do his work for us all.... whenever he will find time for this. It`s worth to wait for it

greetings
    Klaus

Please don't forget the USS Intrepid CVS-11, the USS Wasp CVS-18, or the USS Yorktown CVS-10.
    I know they're museums now, but once upon a time they were the mainstay of ASW carrying "Stoofs", "Sea Kings" and an occasional "Tinker Toy"

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Please don't forget the USS Intrepid CVS-11, the USS Wasp CVS-18, or the USS Yorktown CVS-10.
    I know they're museums now, but once upon a time they were the mainstay of ASW carrying "Stoofs", "Sea Kings" and an occasional "Tinker Toy"
    I working in the Yorktown WWII , Will be ready in 3 or 4 month.

Wanted to see if there is any news on Gary's updated angled deck Essex class carriers. I need a Hancock and Tico to land the beautiful RFN Crusader on!

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Wanted to see if there is any news on Gary's updated angled deck Essex class carriers. I need a Hancock and Tico to land the beautiful RFN Crusader on!
    You know that the Oriskany is already in SOH library. Right ?...
    My Military Flight Videos :

Oh absolutely. My favourite carrier. It's kind of nice to match aircraft paints deployed to a specific boat to the same carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    You know that the Oriskany is already in SOH library. Right ?...
    Yeah but that version is rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Someone else asked and I was going to complete a couple of bits and pieces off to get it finished but with all the stay at home sales on I’ve been going a bit mad with the credit card and enjoying some flying for a change (been nearly 7 months since I’ve done that and I’ve forgotten what I’ve been missing!)

ill get get back to it next week as I’ve not installed the RFN crusader....yet

cheers
    Gaz

I think Gary has kept this link working (thanks Gary):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aa2n83p3ym...a%201.zip?dl=0

Has there been any progress on this project?

Members who have read this thread: 1