Hi,

ATSimulations has posted this picture of their next project on Facebook:

Any ideas which aircraft this might be?

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Interesting! I have no idea what aircraft that might be, but I’d venture a guess it’s something either Russian or WWII German vintage. Looking forward to whatever it is. This team makes some quality creations.
    -Mark

This could be a TU-2 or a PE-2.

WWII but I havent idea what it will be. Its a front but who knows, maybe its a back?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Lighter Than Air/Dirigible ?
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian1943 View Post
    This could be a TU-2 or a PE-2.

Yep.

The one with the jet engine looks like something out of Mad Max. I like it.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

This is An-2 "Lala" version .

!ANNOUNCEMENT!Let me tell you about two interesting modifications of well known Antonov An-2. Both aircraft were done in only instance.
    First one build in 1949 An-2 NAK (Night artillery corrector) - aircraft with totally different tail fuselage section with observer's glass cockpit and twin vertical stab. Airplane had different weapons on board.
    Second modification is one of the craziest airplane I ever saw. This is experimental agricultural aircraft done by Poland Institute of Aviation with second turbojet (!) engine on board. Were done to research the influence of turbojet airflow on crop dusting!
    And as you already got - this two will be done by ATSimulations for FSX\P3D!
    This will be separate project with its price for real An-2 fans.
    Estimate release date: December 2019

Project page: https://atsimulations.com/an2x
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Jeepers! One has to wonder what rate of climb the thing had.

When I saw YoYo's pic, I honestly thought it was a joke post and someone had rendered a goofy fantasy plane. I pride myself on having a ridiculous knowledge of airplane trivia, but I have to admit I'd never seen that AN-2 variant!

It's a relatively quick way to extend monetizing the An-2 (and I do LOVE her so), but I would much rather see an updated Bird Dog!

C

Definitely NOT "Ooh Lala"! LOL
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Exclamation

''YoYo

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

This is An-2 "Lala" version .''

Can you please tell me where the 'Good' is?!, or is it the La La land version..ha ha!

The old saying for aircraft is ''if it looks right...it'll fly ri....''...maybe not then.

Shessi

Now that is truly FUGLY.
    Where is that barf emo?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

It's an abomination! Disappointing because I would loved to have seen them do a new aircraft, or yes, update the Birddog,
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    It's an abomination! Disappointing because I would loved to have seen them do a new aircraft, or yes, update the Birddog,
    I totally agree!

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

RE: AN2 ATSimulations, new project

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    I totally agree!

Dieter
    Gentlemen and Ladies,

Admittedly it will never qualify for the most beautiful of aircraft, However, I am impressed! I have always had a fascination for Russian aircraft and their sometimes interesting ways of looking at things. I lived and worked in Russia for five years after the breakup of the Soviet Union, involved in providing air transport in support of Western Oil companies, and came to appreciate the way in which they approached many aeronautically related problems. Machines had to operate in remote regions, far from service facilities, in horrific climatic conditions, with little factory support, minor maintenance to be carried out by semi-skilled personnel, and still provide reliable services. They may not have been pretty, or particularly comfortable, but they were practical-witness the AN2, the AN24 and 26 etc.!! By the way for shear off-the-planet designs, look at the some of the later World War Two designs of say, Blohm and Voss etc. For an excellent reference re the AN2 and its derivatives and off shoots, (including the subject of this discussion), I refer you to the book, "Antonov An-2 Annushka, Maid of All Work" by Yefim Gordon and Dimitriy Komissarov, (Red Star Volume 15), published by Midland Publishing of Hinkley, LE10 3EY, England

@Catboat- if you look at my posting history you will note I am one of the An-2’s most devout admirers. Despite this, I would rather have seen them apply efforts towards the Birddog and not just extend this stream. That said, I am well aware the development direction of developers is seldom influenced by the clatterings of forum participants- still , hope springs eternal... I’d really fancy a beautiful L-19/O-1.

Best- Carl

Look at it this way: The extra power at least enables you to go somewhere in a less unreasonable amount of time in an An-2.

Wow. These are truly some oddball offerings, but I definitely respect the developer's desire to model some unusual variations on an already unusual airplane. As they say: variety is the spice of life.

I seem to recall ATS hinting several months ago on FB that they weren't done with the An-2 lineup. Perhaps we'll see even more future variations? A turbine An-3 would be lovely!
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Look at it this way: The extra power at least enables you to go somewhere in a less unreasonable amount of time in an An-2.
    I fully agree, I also wonder what it may do for the takeoff performance of the An-2.
    But, the first I saw of it, I wasn't very interested, but the longer I'm looking at it, the more interesting it becomes!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Members who have read this thread: 0