Howard 250 Based Tri-Gear

Thread: Howard 250 Based Tri-Gear

Howard 250 Based Tri-Gear

Available shortly following its conversion from FSX native.

Superb ground handling, round engines, great flight performance; sleek, fast, slippery, and simply enjoyable to fly.

Fresh paint all around; Paint kit will be available.

Thanks to Wellis for his yeoman's effort on the FSX and FS9 textures, inside and outside.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-aug-26-003.jpg   ms-2019-aug-27-009.jpg   ms-2019-aug-27-012.jpg   ms-2019-aug-27-014.jpg   ms-2019-aug-27-017.jpg   ms-2019-aug-27-018.jpg  

ms-2019-aug-27-020.jpg   ms-2019-aug-27-021.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    What a sleek bird Milton! Very distinctive all the way around. Thanks to you and Wellis for a great model and excellent artwork.
    A great addition to the FS9 Lockheed "Rounders" family.

Members +
    Many thanks, Great new, & much appreciated, Milton & team.

did howard aero make any other planes i havent heard about!!

Members +
    Darren, a little bit about Howards (from Wiki)
    During the 1950s and '60s, Howard Aero Inc. had been remanufacturing military surplus Lockheed Lodestars and Lockheed Venturas for the executive market.
    While the Howard 500 bore a strong resemblance to these aircraft, it was a substantially new design, and all 500s had completely new fuselages. The only major components taken directly from its Lockheed forebears were the outer wing panels (from surplus Venturas) and undercarriage (from Harpoons). Howard purchased wing and fuselage jigs from Lockheed to use as patterns for jigs for the new aircraft. The fuselage differed from the Ventura's in being designed from the outset for pressurisation, and the wings were designed wet.

There was quite a few different Howard's: Howard 250, 250 tri-gear, 350, 400, 500, 700 & Howard Super Ventura.

We have the 500 & the 350, & now awaiting the 250 tri-gear for our sim.

Great times indeed!

More info:
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...s-a-Howard-500
    https://www.deehoward.org/the-dee-ho...ro-innovations
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you for another fine aircraft Milton, I seem to recall a float version of the Howard though it may have just been a one off conversion. Ever considered it? Keep up the great work sir. Best regards, Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by jrbirdman View Post
    Thank you for another fine aircraft Milton, I seem to recall a float version of the Howard though it may have just been a one off conversion. Ever considered it? Keep up the great work sir. Best regards, Jeremy
    Hi Jeremy, I do not recall a float version and do not see any evidence of one in my archives of project work. Someone may have done that thru MCX or modified the gmax I made available a long time ago.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The "Tri-gear" and Paint Kit are ready to be uploaded but awaiting fixes to the upload limits for file sizes.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

While awaiting a fix to the Upload software so that I can upload the Trigear for FS9, use this temporary link.

I also uploaded to Simviation so that may be downloadable soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cockpit day (Large).jpg   inflight1 (Large).jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; August 31st, 2019 at 19:45.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    While awaiting a fix to the Upload software so that I can upload the Trigear for FS9.

I also uploaded to Simviation so that may be downloadable soon.
    The Simviation Link now has all four uploads available, three for FSX/P3D, and one for FS9.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

1950's LEAR JET

Milton and team,

Very many thanks for this exec transport of the immediate post-war period (WWII). What a sleek lady she is, and what handling. Been shooting tight circuits and approaches like a carrier jockey. Delightful. Did this a/c ever go into production?
    Your team have certainly ensured that these aircraft will not be forgotten - or flown, if only on a sim.

I had almost accepted that FS2004 was going to gradually see no more 'new' aircraft - when along come an amazing Me 109b from Shessi, the 'Team Daedalus 109s and now your latest!

Thanks guys, you keep on giving and giving. Your efforts are very humbling. If anyone would like some poems or Haikus, let me know.

Mal

Okay, SOH upload issues resolved for me (I had hit the upload limit for my user group).

So, now, we can do proper SOH downloads of this FS2004 Trigear Howard 250.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?t=116789
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wow Milton, thank you! That's is one really cool looking bird!

Huub

Hi,
    What a beautiful aircraft you and the Team have created here, Milton !
    Thank you for all your craft, energy, expertise, skill and artistic vision over the years for all the wonderful models you have given us

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,
    Thank you for all your craft, energy, expertise, skill and artistic vision over the years for all the wonderful models you have given us

Andy.
    Couldn't said it better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Milton and team,

Very many thanks for this exec transport of the immediate post-war period (WWII). What a sleek lady she is, and what handling. Been shooting tight circuits and approaches like a carrier jockey. Delightful. Did this a/c ever go into production?
    Your team have certainly ensured that these aircraft will not be forgotten - or flown, if only on a sim.

I had almost accepted that FS2004 was going to gradually see no more 'new' aircraft - when along come an amazing Me 109b from Shessi, the 'Team Daedalus 109s and now your latest!

Thanks guys, you keep on giving and giving. Your efforts are very humbling. If anyone would like some poems or Haikus, let me know.

Mal
    Hello Mal, you are welcome Sir. She is indeed sleek. :-)

The Howard 250 Trigear and Tail dragger were creations from the Lodestar series in real life and in this project.
    That made their creation much easier.
    The fuselage is all new as are the more sleek engine nacelles.
    The wings were clipped and the tails are basically the same.
    The interior components came from the Lodestar with a few changes, again not that much different from how the real world 250's evolved.

Here is an excerpt from the Howard Aero, Inc facebook page:

Howard 250

The Howard 250 was basically a stock Lodestar with standard engines but with the fuselage reworked for comfortable accommodations for a smaller number of passengers, generally about 12. Visually, the fully developed Howards are easily distinguished from Lodestars by the long, panoramic cabin windows and extended pointed noses. Some 250s were built with tricycle landing gear rather than the Lodestar’s standard taildragger configuration. The 250 grew gradually out of the practice of overhauling, maintaining and progressively modifying Lodestars, so at the margin it is difficult to determine which is which and there is no definitive count of the number of 250s produced.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Wow Milton, thank you! That's is one really cool looking bird!

Huub
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,

Andy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    Couldn't said it better!!!
    Thanks guys; hope the 250 brings a few smiles and lots of flying pleasures.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 1