GAS Boeing model 40

Thread: GAS Boeing model 40

GAS Boeing model 40

Anyone know if it works in P3D v4?

Thanks,
    LouP

I took a quick spin in the Model 40, and everything seems to work ok in P3Dv4.5, except for the usual missing vc switch
    click sounds (that should be easy to fix, but I can't be bothered). I have the plane in an outboard xml folder, so install
    location isn't critical.

In fact all the FSX GAS planes I have (and I think I have all of them) work ok in P3Dv4.5. But I guess given the type of
    planes they are and the period they're from, there's not a whole lot to go wrong when porting over.

-RobM

Curious myself I looked at the GAS website https://goldenagesimulations.com/ and did not see it listed. But I when I went to PC aviator I do see it listed (on sale for 12.48USD), I wonder if its been dropped.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Curious myself I looked at the GAS website https://goldenagesimulations.com/ and did not see it listed. But I when I went to PC aviator I do see it listed (on sale for 12.48USD), I wonder if its been dropped.
    I think the answer may be at the top of the GAS product page: planes for FSX, FXSE, and P3D; no mention of FS9.

There's a few other GAS planes, like the Boeing Model 40, which I have but which are no longer listed on the GAS product page.
    One example is the GAS Boeing B-75. Another is the GAS Classic Waco Collection. Or at least those are the names on the installers.
    I don't have either of these installed in FSX or P3Dv4, and I suspect that's because these planes were straight FS9 portovers to
    FSX, with all the usual problems (nearby propellers disappearing behind far away clouds, windshields going opaque in the rain, etc.).

I didn't notice any of these problems in the Model 40 (although I didn't fly in the rain), which is probably why I still have it installed.

I also seem to recall (but I might be wrong) Paul from GAS saying awhile back that they were no longer going to offer certain older
    planes, because these planes no longer measured up to GAS's current standards.

-RobM

Got it and installed. I like it. Even if it's old, it's an old plane in reality, too :-)

LouP

Just comparing PC Aviator to GAS, 38 products vs 24.

There are five products that are no longer on GAS that appear to be FSX only, I only have one of them the Douglas Dolphin, and I agree its not up to his current standards but does work in V4. The others are:

1929 Great Lakes - 'The Original'
    1930's -40's Great Lakes 'Modified' Sport
    1950's Great Lakes Sport Stunt Planes
    Stearman Model 4 Speedmail

I can certainly understand that if he feels they no longer represent his current work, and they were not his best sellers he would take them off the list.

Notable by its presents is the Lockheed model 12, which is available on PC aviator in both FS9 and FSX variants and is listed on his site. I have this AC, it works in V4 and like the Dolphin its not up to his current standard but I think the best model 12 on the market.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 0