Area51 products : where are they ???

Thread: Area51 products : where are they ???

Area51 products : where are they ???

Hello, someone can tell me if Area51 products are still available somewhere? I have found nothing and also their site is missing in the web... May be I've lost some step
    Thank you in advance
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Hello, someone can tell me if Area51 products are still available somewhere? I have found nothing and also their site is missing in the web... May be I've lost some step
    Thank you in advance
    they packed up shop a long time ago, however if your in dire straits for one of their addons, abacus sell them

I think PC Aviator has thier stuff on sale.

Groom Lake, California?
    Sorry, I just had to do that.

They departed the FS scene some time ago.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

These are the only 2 I know that are still distributed. I have all their FSX rotary stuff they made and contacted them as I tried to port them into P3D, only half worked and no contact from Area51 about my registration keys.

https://www.pcaviator.com/store/home.php?cat=990
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

OK, thank you to all of you, but now I'm a little confused : is Area51 the same as Abacus ?
    I was interested to the Area51 B2 Spirit, but if the developer is Abacus, then ...
    Visually it seems not bad, but the price is too low
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b2r7b.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    OK, thank you to all of you, but now I'm a little confused : is Area51 the same as Abacus ?
    I was interested to the Area51 B2 Spirit, but if the developer is Abacus, then ...
    Visually it seems not bad, but the price is too low
    It's okay. As close to flying one as any of us mortals will get. It has been a while since I've flown it but my only gripe with it is the either the split rudders or airbrakes don't function. (Whichever one it is, Piglets N9M suffers the other one.) Not sure if it's a coding limitation for the animation that you have to choose one or the other. Otherwise not bad, especially if you can get it on the cheap.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    This is not an abacus aircraft but only under their name to sell. Was released by Area 51 and it’s a pretty good aircraft. They also did a decent C-17.

Ok, thank you again for your suggestions !

In a nutshell, the guys from Area 51 sold their business (and IP) to Abacus when they decided to have a bit of a life change. Hence why Abacus carry them.

The Area 51 B-2 and U-2 are on at PC Aviator at less than half price, B-2 just under 14$ UNTIL NEXT MONDAY.

Regards Paul Day.

Icon5

Has anyone who bought C-5M Galaxy from Area51 in the past solved the all black cockpit panel problem?

Eventually I've bought it - being a Spirit B2 fan, and being the only available for FSX I had to try it, ... well, what to say... , for sure it's not a jewel, but it's also not garbage, the external model
    is quite nice, the flight model is honest and smoot without any crazy behaviour, the downside is the cockpit quite basic ( medium freeware quality IMHO), the nose gear doesn't have animation
    when turning on the ground, (the aircraft turns but the gear keeps its fixed position ) and some markings on the paint are wrong, luckily for this last point I've found a texture pack with corrections
    and 2 more paints to add, here some screens :

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-9-5_22-57-14-174.jpg   2019-9-5_23-19-59-285.jpg   2019-9-5_23-40-15-153.jpg   2019-9-5_23-12-45-836.jpg  

The VC :

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-9-6_19-43-39-13.jpg   2019-9-6_19-44-8-95.jpg  

The bad quality cockpit is the precise reason I've never bought it, despite the reasonable price.
    The exterior model looks good enough indeed.

Members who have read this thread: 0