Allen? DOSMdlc 2.0

Thread: Allen? DOSMdlc 2.0

Allen? DOSMdlc 2.0

I'm curious if your cool little package can compile a *.sca file to a *.bgl. This would be for compiling a *.sca file for an aircraft after hand editing.
    To do this scasm.exe needs to be in your folder and after a couple of attemps I get the same error message "this is a Win 32 application blah blah".

I've been attempting this using your DOSBox MDLC Command Line.bat.
    mdlc.exe /m z.sca

Dave

For scasm.exe you can normally drag and drop a .SCA on the scasm.exe and it will do what you want.

If that doesn't work you need to open a Command Prompt/DOS Window. You can do this by right clicking on the DOSMdlc 2.0 folder and go to Open Command Prompt Here.

In the Command Prompt window type scasm *YOURFILENAME*.sca *YOURFILENAMEAGAIN*.bgl and hit enter. It also looks like you can skip the output file name and only enter scasm *YOURFILENAME*.sca just fine.

As for mdlc.exe. I think the /m command may be the wrong one. I think /b is the right one but not done much in the way of scasm editing aircraft.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thanks for the quick reply...Yes the "b" command or drag and drop work fine for a scenery file but when there are animations the sca to bgl needs to be done with "m". Mdlc hands off to scasm then it bounces back to Mdlc again.

In Ivan's readme...
    Transform_Mat(..
    ;uName: left_ailer uOffset: 0x6E
    TransformCall( :xxxx 0 0 0 0.0000000000 0x6E 0.0000000000 0x00 0.0000000000 0x00 )
    Return
    above just a sample statement, you have to be familiar with SCASM code
    then
    run MDLC /m to re-compile SCASM source code to BGL file
    run MDLC /l to link BGL file to MDL file
    Also I must add that the Mdlc.exe is changed from the ver. 114 to ver. 190. 190 is the one I'm use to working with.

But if this is not possible, no worries. Was thinking of trying a dual boot with XP.

I found what your are tying to do with in the Mdlc Readme. On paper anything you could do with MDLC on Win XP you can do on Win7 and above with by using the DOSBox MDLC Command Line.bat. I think something about /m to re-compile SCASM source code to BGL isn't right with MDLC and that you have to use the scasm.exe than change to MDLC.

I haven't work with this much at all. I have some info from TheB24Guy about SCASM edit an aircraft. What I have saved is DOSBox SCA to MDL (Add On).bat. I'll attach it and the needed .conf files. They go into the DOSMdlc 2.0 folder.

The basic look of the set up is that scasm.exe will make the .bgl. MDLC /l is ran after the .bgl is made. Than 2 other things are ran to convert the model to a CFS2 model.

DOSBox SCA to MDL (Add On).zip
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Icon22

Wow! Thanks Allen. I'm off to give "er a go. Will report back later.

Hi Guys,
    This how it works on win7 for me. you need to use a normal command prompt window and a DOSbox window.

After editing SCA file open normal command prompt window and use SCASM to make BGL.
    Then use DOSbox to use MDLC to link and convert to CFS2 mdl.

I use batch files to make less typing each time.

Hope this helps,
    B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi Guys,
    This how it works on win7 for me. you need to use a normal command prompt window and a DOSbox window.

After editing SCA file open normal command prompt window and use SCASM to make BGL.
    Then use DOSbox to use MDLC to link and convert to CFS2 mdl.

I use batch files to make less typing each time.

Hope this helps,
    B24Guy
    Well that did it B24Guy. There's still a lot that I do not understand as far as what's going on under the hood of the whole Mdlc app, but your added advice worked.
    My thanks to both you and Allen for getting me on track again.

Cheerz, Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0