F7U Cutlass ?

Thread: F7U Cutlass ?

F7U Cutlass ?

Is there a F7U Cutlass out there for FSX Steam and/or P3D v4 ?, so far not much luck finding one. Thanks

Virtavia has a nice and affordable native FSX model. It should also work in P3Dv4 because the gauges are in a CAB file. You can get it from a.o. the PC Aviator store.

Henk.

Freeware and update versions on Flightsim.com

Search for FSX Vought F-7U Cutlass Update

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Is there a F7U Cutlass out there for FSX Steam and/or P3D v4 ?, so far not much luck finding one. Thanks
    They have all crashed.

I've installed the Virtavia/Alphasim F7U-3M Cutlass v2 and the RanchoJEN F7U-3M updated FSX version in FSX Steam with no problems. Check Simviation also, there are FSX versions of the RanchoJEN Cutlass updated by Andre Ludick, Michael Pook, Erwin Welker and Bob Chicilo to fiddle with.

They all display and fly okay. The Virtavia looks nicer and seems better functioning in FSX. Both have some lighting glitches to resolve (NAV and Landing Lights are not correctly configured/confused and need work). Night flying is limited until resolved, but no problem in daytime. Both seem to fly stable enough to do carrier ops. They have tailhooks and catapult launch assist modeled, but I haven't tried in this mode.

The Virtavia F7U-3M Cutlass comes in Clean, Armed and Armed long range, while the RanchoJEN is only the F7U-3M with missiles. The Virtavia Cutlass has by far the better VC.

I don't yet use P3D.
    Last edited by llanning08; August 24th, 2019 at 15:09.

I recently purchased the Virtavia - and with it one can understand why they called it the "Gutless Cutlass" - with the Virtavia version one practically has to go into burner just to get the thing taxiing... Other than that, it is kind fun to fly. Made repaints of VF-124 (USS Hancock '55-'56 cruise prior to SCB-125), VA-83 (USS Intrepid '56 cruise prior to SCB-125 - below with blue tail and "E" tail code) and VA-212 (USS Bon Homme Richard '56-'57 cruise following SCB-125 - Yellow tail and "G" tail code).
    I may do others, but will upload these repaints to the library. Don't shoot the "painter"... I'm not a perfectionist.

Deke
    Navy81
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wmplayer 2019-08-28 10-20-36-58.jpg   wmplayer 2019-08-28 10-22-02-10.jpg   wmplayer 2019-08-28 10-25-04-03.jpg   wmplayer 2019-08-28 10-25-31-44.jpg  

Nice. Will be watching for them.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I bought the Cutlass the other day, fun plane to fly, grey tires ?, be looking forward to your repaints.

Thanks in advance for your repaints! Looking forward to them, especially since I was with VA-83 (Many, MANY years after they flew the Cutlass!) I was with them when they transitioned from A-7Es to Lawn Darts. NC

After seeing your repaints, I went and bought the Cutlass yesterday. Wow! What terrible spool up/down times those miserable engines have! Keeps you on your toes, and working that throttle ahead of time. No launch bar in the air.cfg in my download, but I borrowed one from the freeware Cutlass that works. Thanks again for these very good repaints.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

F7u-4?

Just for laughs I replaced the miserable Westinghouse J-46 engines with a pair of afterburning Allison J-71's - engines, as found in the later versions of the F3H Demon. What a treat!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Just for laughs I replaced the miserable Westinghouse J-46 engines with a pair of afterburning Allison J-71's - engines, as found in the later versions of the F3H Demon. What a treat!
    The Navy should have done the same, seems the airframe had potential.

Members who have read this thread: 1